True love in Hollywood?

Surf's up

It was already 2.45 pm. Both Lili and I were getting ready to go to the beach. We prepared a picnic basket and brought a beach blanket with us too. The weather is so hot outside; it’s all because of global warming. I do hope Makena will bring her sun block.

Taylor started honk his car. The guy sometime dosen’t has his patience.

“Okay we’re coming!” Lili shouted
“We’re not even late.” I said

We locked the door and walked out to the driveway. Makena just came out too.

“Hey Makena, we’re not late right?” I asked her
“Yeah, I don’t know why he honks.” She replied.
“Hey Makena, haven’t seen you in a while.” Lili said to her.
“Hey Lili, yeah well I’ve been stuck at home with homework.” She said to Lili while rushing to Taylor’s car.
“Can’t you girls walk and talk faster; we’re going to miss some cool waves.” Taylor said with a rushing look on his face.
“I guess you miss you waves huh?” I said to him.
“Does he really do surfing?” I asked Makena.
“I don’t know, but he does have a few surf boards at home.” Makena replied.
“Your sister doesn’t even know if you surf.” Lili said to Taylor.
He just smiled, he looked so cute.
“Taylor, when can I hang out with Selena again?” Makena asked him.
“I haven’t called her yet maybe tomorrow I’ll call her.” He told Makena assuring her that he will call Selena.
“You hung out with Selena?” I asked Makena.
“Yeah, she was really cool. We went shopping at urban outfitters.” Makena smile while telling me her story.
“So is she really dating you brother?” Lili asked.
“Not you guys too! “ Taylor said with a ‘ugh’ look on his face.
“What it’s the hottest rumour, you never talked about it to us so you left us wondering here.” I said to him.
“We’re just friends, as you know we met in Vancouver while I was filming there. She’s really cool. You guys should hang out with her too, she said she like to meet new people.” He said while concentrating on his driving.
“You should introduce her to us then.” Lili said.
“Okay I will. I’m not gonna let you guys think that we’re dating.”
“You guys did look like you’re dating in those pictures that were taken. You look cute together.” Lili said.
“Nah they’re not dating but the other day the way they look at each other it seems like they really like each other.” Makena started speaking out.
“Oh come on Makena ...” He got interrupted by Makena
“…but it’s true.” Makena said
“Well I do kinda like her but I can assure that we’re just friends.” Taylor said.
“Why don’t you answer the paparazzi when they question you about the relationship?” I asked him
“It would probably jus clear everything instantly and they would stop asking you the same question again.” Lili continued what I wanted to said as if she could read my mind.
“Well my agent said not to answer them. I did plan on going for an interview on Ryan Secreast radio show and just set the record straight.” He said
“Did you talk to your mom about it?” I asked him
“I did and she suggested me to make the right choice. Selena did already set the record straight in an interview.” He continues while making a turn.
“See then you should just answer the paparazzi the next time when they ask you the question again oh yeah and make sure you talk to you agent and manager first.” I suggested to him.
“Ok then here’s your chance there’s some paparazzi there, how do they even know that you’re gonna be here?” Lili said.
“They might have but a tracker on you bro.” Makena joked.
“Ha Ha Ha you’re right. They probably put one on every celebrity.” I laughed while getting my stuff.
They all laughed along too. Taylor finally loosens up and started laughing. There goes his cute smile again. I took my basket and opened the door. The paparazzi started taking pictures and said hi to us. The weather was fine and luckily it wasn’t too hot. Taylor took a deep breath before he open the door and Makena was behind me. He put on his sunglasses and open the door and the paparazzi started taking loads of pictures and they greeted him. Taylor was really friendly towards them.

“Hi Taylor, how are you today.” One of the paparazzi asked.
“Fine thanks guys, hope you guys can let us have a good afternoon and don’t disturb us too much ok?” He smiles while telling them that.
“Yeah no problem but you got to answer some of our question ok?” The paparazzi were negotiating with him.
“Ok.” He told them.
“So you done shooting you movie New Moon? “ One of them asked.
“Yeah, that’s why I’m back here.”
“Who are those girls?”
“My sister and my two good friends, they’re my neighbours too.”
“Are you dating Selena?”
Whoa, there that golden question. Taylor turned to me and I nodded my head. We just kept walking towards the beach.
“Come on Taylor, we had a deal.”
“We’re just good friends. Can’t a guy and a girl be friends?”
“So are you dating one of your good friends here?”
Okay now they cross the line. They are asking some silly questions that are making him uncomfortable.
“I just told you guys that we’re friends and can’t girls and guys be just friends?”
“Didn’t you watch ‘When Harry met Sally’ “
That was a funny question there.
“Really funny guys, ok so you guys will leave us alone please? “
“Sure Taylor thanks for answering our questions.

We continue walking to the beach. We walked to a good spot and out our things down. I pulled out my beach blanket and put it down properly. Taylor took off his shirt and wow, the guy really worked out. There goes the butterfly in my stomach. We were at Huntington Beach, it on the west coast. It’s a really cool beach. There’s always lots of stuff going on there.

“Lili I gotta talk to you later at home.”
“Sure”
I gave her an ‘I got boy trouble’ look. She understood, that’s why we are friends.
“Ok Taylor show me what surfing skills you got.” I told him.
“Sure, no problem”

He took his surf board and walk straight to the water. He is seriously an outgoing person. The guy tries almost everything. Makena just sat down on the beach blanket and started putting sun block. I took out my home made sandwiches for her; I sat down and ate with her. Lili was very excited about getting into the water and surf.

“How’s school Makena?” I asked her as I took a sandwich.
“Its fine, but a lot of girls have wanted me to get an autograph from my brother.”
“Did you get some?”
“Yeah”
“That’s nice of you”
“You want to go shopping when you’re free. We can go to L.A. “
“Yeah sure but I have to ask my mom first.”
“Ok, we’ll just wait for your next holiday.”
“Hey do you want to learn surfing or not?” Taylor shouted.
“Yeah, hold on.” I told him
Lili was already surfing. I didn’t even realize that. She was really good at it. Lili have always been a fast learner.
“Don’t go too far Makena; are you going to swim later?”
“Yes.”
“See you later then.”
“Ok.” She said

I quickly put on some sun block and ran to the water. Before reaching there, Taylor came out from the water already.
“I thought we’re going surfing?”
“Yes we are but you have to stretch first. Plus you need learn the basics first.”
“Okay cool. Okay I’m not so sure right now after see the huge wave I’m kinda scared.” I’m second guessing.
“You’re gonna be safe with me. It’s going to be fine.” He assured me with a smile.
“Okay, wait what makes you so sure that’ll be safe in your hands?” I asked him.
“Of course I’m sure, I know the waves really well, I can convince them to not give you a hard time.” He said.
“Really?” I laughed.
“Uh-huh” He laughed too.
“Here take a surfboard; I know you guys don’t have any board.” He said.
“Thanks, it looks so cool too.”

He taught me the basics on the beach and trying out my reflex; preparing me when the waves are coming what am I suppose to do. It was a bit hard and confusing for me, I can’t learn as fast as Lili. The good thing is that Taylor was really patient with me, he was not mad at me when I got it wrong. I finally got it after 15 minutes.
“Sorry for not getting it right.” I apologise, I felt bad for wasting his time.
“Nah, its fine.” He is such a sweet guy.
“Hey, you still struggle with the moves?” Lili asked.
“I can you see you had a great time there.” I said to her.
“Yeah, the waves were gnarly.”
“Whoa after short surf you’re already talking in surfer language.” There was a short pause.
“AWESOME!” I said, and they both started laughing.
“I’m going to get some tan and play with Makena. I want to see if there are any rollerblade or bikes rentals.”
“Ok see you later.” Both Taylor and I said to her.

Taylor continued his lesson with me.
“Okay, so I’m supposed to just sit on the board and wait for the wave?”
“Yup that’s the idea.”
“So are you ready to go into the water now?” he looked at me making sure that I’m ready.
“Yeah, I think so.”
“It’s ok; I can assure you that you’ll be safe with me.”Taylor said with a smile.
“Let’s go” I sounded very confident.

We went into the water, it wasn’t too cold, and the sun was shining directly at the water. I began to paddle my arms while lying on the board, Taylor was behind me. We were not too far away from the shore.

“Ready? He shouted (Not in a rude way)
“Uh-huh.” I replied

We turned towards the shore, while the wave is coming towards us. I was waiting for his signal to stand up on the board.
He put a thumb up. I immediately followed his actions. When the waves came, I was trying to balance myself and to my surprise, I’m already surfing. Taylor was doing all kinds of moves. He seriously is good at it. When we almost reach the shore, I fell off the board. I swim back up to the surface and get onto the board. We both swim up to the beach. We walked to the spot where our stuffs are at.

“Tom just called. He is going to come here from L.A. “Lili was really excited.
Tom Felton is Lili’s boyfriend. He is this British actor who starred in “Harry Potter”. They both look really cute together. They have been together for about a year already.
“So you guys want to come to dinner with us at Village Mediterranean Rim”
“Never been there but I heard it’s good.”
“Taylor, are you coming?”
“Yeah I gotta go home and change first and Makena have to stay at home.”
“We gotta go home and change too.”
“Let’s go then.”
“Hey Makena, we have to go now.”
“Okay coming!” She was swimming.

We packed our things and walked to the car.
“Oh look the paparazzi are still there” Taylor said
“They probably need more shots of you or they want to as some more questions.”
I said.
“Oh well, we got to go home and get ready for dinner. I’ll answer their questions next time.”
“Hey Taylor are you really single?” One of the paparazzi asked.

He didn’t answer them. We got into the car and drove off.
♠ ♠ ♠
The next chapter. Hope whoever is reading it will like it.