With This Ink in Our Skin We've Sealed Our Fate

Thirteen

We were all sitting in the front of the bus. I don't remember who, but someone said that the whole A7X camp needed to have a meeting.

"I guess I'll start," Brian said.

We all looked at him. He cleared his throat.

"We can start with the elephant in the room," Johnny said.

Brian nodded, "Yeah. We're all still mad at Matt for what he did, no matter drunk or sober."

"I think we should cut him some slack," Val said.

"You're just saying that cause he's your fiancee," Leana said.

Val looked at her, "No, I'm saying it because we've been mad at him longer than Bree was in the the coma and before she had her memory. It's getting to be a grudge, and if it was Jimmy, you'd be saying the same thing."

"I agree with Val," Ashlynn said.

"I agree with Leana. He knocked her out for two weeks," Gena said.

"Gena's right," Zacky said.

"Definitely not," Jimmy said.

Leana looked at him, "What?!"

"We've been friends with both Matt and Bree longer than a fucking month. We all have made mistakes," he said.

I watched as my friends separated because of me.

"Val makes a point, though," Johnny said.

"She does," Jason agreed.

Matt looked at Leana, "I'm with you."

I looked at Bree, who looked close to tears. Brian and she had been very silent. She got up off his lap and looked around.

"I'm fucking leaving," she said, very quietly, "as in the tour," and she walked to the bunks.

Brian stood up and looked at all of us, tears in his eyes, "Good fucking job, this was supposed to get shit cleared up, not make two different sides to this," he said, and then followed her.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

"Baby girl," I said, looking around.

I found her kneeling by her bunk, packing her things. I sat next to her with my back against the bunk. She grabbed a shirt, and realized that it was Matt's shirt. She sighed and put the shirt down.

"What's happening, Brian?"

I shook my head, "I don't know, baby, but I do know that I can't handle it without you."

She looked at me, tears running down her cheeks. I leaned over her bag and brushed her tears off her cheeks. She closed her eyes and bit her lip when my thumbs touched her cheek. I leaned over and brushed my lips against hers. She opened her eyes.

"Brian," she whispered.

"What do you need, baby?" I asked, quietly.

She pressed our lips together. I grabbed her waist and pulled her over to me. She sat on my legs and grabbed my hands, lacing our fingers together. I pressed my lips harder against hers, the tears finally spilling over my eyes, too. She pulled away.

"Why are you crying?" she whispered.

I shook my head, "My band's falling apart. My girlfriend's leaving. I love you, Bree."

She kissed me, "Convince me to stay," she whispered.

"What?"

She kissed me again, "Convince me not to go."

"Get in my bunk," I whispered.

We climbed in my bunk and shut the curtain. After that, it was nothing but butterfly kisses and wandering hands. Her jeans, my hoodie. Kisses on necks, and stroking fingers. She's shaking, I'm sweating. Whispered promises, and strained begs. Choked moans and deep groans. Crazy hair and big smiles. Biting lips and nibbling ears. Baby, I love you. Condom, thrust, climax. Game, set, match. No regrets.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up to find Bree still sleeping. I smiled as I realized she still wasn't wearing anything. I looked at her Sidekick and saw that it was the next day. Three in the afternoon, to be exact. I leaned down and kissed her awake. She stretched.

"Good morning, Brian," she said.

"Good afternoon, angel," I whispered.

She smiled, "Any regrets about last night?"

I shook my head, "No, are you convinced to stay?"

She smiled, "Yeah."

I kissed her sweetly. She grinned. We started to make out when raised voices came from outside. Bree put on her shorts and my shirt, then climbed out of the bunk. I lied down, closed my eyes, and smiled.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I got out of the bunk and tied my hair in a messy bun, then went into the lounge.

"How could you even think about that?!" Val screamed.

"She did!"

"Because she loves him!"

"Um, would I be 'she?'" I asked.

Val looked at me, "She doesn't think we should forgive Matt. Oh, and she wants Brian back."

I crossed my arms at Michelle, "So that truce was bullshit?"

She smiled nastily, "Yeah."

"So is that request," I said, "Brian is mine."

She laughed, "Please bitch, watch this. Brian!!"

Brian got out of the bunk, wearing a pair of basketball shorts. I bit my lip at the sight of his chest. He looked at me and smiled.

"What?"

My face turned sour, "By the way, Michelle wants you back."

Brian looked at her, "No fucking way! I'm with Bree."

"So? You were with me when she wanted you," Michelle.

He rolled his eyes, "I thought you guys were friends," he said.

I glared at Michelle, "Bullshit truce."

Brian came over to me and wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed my cheek.

"I'm not leaving you," he whispered, "Remember last night, baby."

I smiled and cuddled into him, "I know, baby."

"Brian, I'm letting you come back to me," Michelle said.

He looked at her, "Michelle, I left you. I don't want you back. I'm perfectly happy with Bree."

Michelle walked up to him, "You can't tell me," she purred, "that you don't miss being with me. We were together for three years, Brian."

Brian looked at her, not saying anything. I frowned, I couldn't see his face.

"Michelle," he said, "You know we weren't happy."

"Because of her!" Michelle screamed.

He looked down at her, "Michelle, you can't tell me that you were happy. Even when Bree was out of town, you weren't happy."

Michelle looked at Brian with tears in her eyes, "I love you, Brian."

He walked over to her and gave her a hug. My eyes widened. She winked at me and kept crying.

"Fuck you. I hope you both are fucking happy," I said, and ran off the bus.

I looked around and saw Jason, "Bree!" he called.

I wiped my eyes, "Where's Zack?"

"Baby, what's wrong?" he asked.

"Tell me where my best fucking friend is," I said.

"He's at a signing," Jason said, unphased by my attitude.

"Where?"

"Merch tent. It's not too far," he said.

I nodded, "Thanks."

I ran to the merch tent and stood behind the guys with Matt Berry, who didn't question the fact that I was crying, just pulled me into a one-armed hug. I watched the guys. Brian caught up to me and saw there was a signing. He just gave me a look and sat down next to Johnny, and signed the first thing thrust in front of him.

"Bree, can I have your autograph?"

I grabbed a pen and signed the girl's shirt. Matt Berry had his hands on my hips, but I didn't care. Brian came over to me when the signing was over.

"Can we talk?" he asked.

Matt, my brother, stood up and looked at me. I looked at Brian, then at Matt. I grabbed Matt's arm and pulled him toward the bus. He looked confused. We got on the bus and found Michelle sitting there.

"Get the fuck away, I need to talk to my brother," I said.

She just smiled, "Oh, I think Brian is the one you want to talk to."

"Why?" I asked.

"We decided to get back together," she said, smiling.

I launched myself at her, but Matt caught my waist.

"Whoa," he said, "No, Bree, don't."

"Fuck you, stupid cunt!" I screamed, "Boyfriend stealing slut!"

She blew me a kiss, "I'm gonna go see my boyfriend now."

As soon as she turned around, Brian stepped on the bus, "What's going on?"