Status: Wondering if I should make a sequel

Dreamers Never Wake

Day One: The First Encounter

After school Saige accepted a ride home with her brother, It had been a long day and not having had enough sleep didn’t really help with the concentration factor of her day. Stepping into Jensen’s car the sun made Saige’s green eyes sparkle and a soft breeze swirled her black hair (which she had in a half pony tail) around her face.

“Had a good day at school kid?” Jensen asked, smirking. He always called Saige kid, just because she was younger than him it didn’t mean she was any less mature, in fact in her eyes, she seemed far more mature.

“Yes, Jensen,” she emphasized him name. Buckling up her seat belt she pulled the car door closed and settled her bag between her legs, in a more comfortable position. Looking up at Jensen’s black spiky hair, Saige stated, “You have an awful lot of gel in you hair today. Not trying to impress anyone someone are you?” She smirked, raising her eyebrows in a suggestive manner.

“Ha-ha, you wish,” Jensen, joked.

A few minutes later the siblings arrives home, laughing and joking at each others expense.

“Mum!” Saige yelled as soon as they had the front door open, “we’re home!”

Jensen walked off, up the stairs and to what Saige assumed was his bedroom, it was right across the hall from hers. Saige started off towards the kitchen where she planned to dump her school bag and get an afternoon snack, but on her way she bumped into someone, or something. Looking up, with wide eyes, Saige saw him, the dark and mysterious figure who haunted her dreams.

“Who are you?” Saige thought, taking a step back. By now her face had filled with fear as she saw the mysterious figure slowly turn around to face her.

“Hey kiddo…! Is something wrong Saige?” The voice asked.

With a wave of relief a smile was brought to Saige’s lips. Blinking rapidly to ensure the figure would not disappear and be replaced by the one in her dream, she said, “Dad?”

Uncertainly the figure replied, “Yes sweetie, what’s the matter with you? Are you feeling okay?” With his right arm he reached up and placed his hand on her forehead as if too feel Saige’s temperature.

“Yeah dad, I’m fine,” Saige laughed but towards the end it faltered and a concerned expression was displayed on her fathers face.

“Hmm? Okay, if you say so,” he shrugged, “but don’t forget that if you need anything, I’ll always be here.”

“I won’t,” Saige smiled. Ducking underneath his arm, she continued on with her final destination, the kitchen.

“Hello honey, did you have a good day at school?” Saige’s mother asked her.

Saige went around the kitchen bench, dumped her bag and sat down in a wooden stool, before replying, “Yeah mum, it was great. Me and Jasey Rae signed up for hockey.”

“That’s great Saige. Could you grab the carrots out of the fridge?”

“Sure mum,” Saige walked over to the fridge and stuck her head in, searching for the carrots,

“Let me guess, you want me to peel them to?”

Saige’s mother grinned sheepishly, “If you wouldn’t mind.”

Saige rolled her eyes and began peeling the carrots.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this took far longer than expected.
Thanks for reading
xx Emma