Drops of blood leading to.. Is that me?

Chapter 4

Renee's P.O.V.

I'd come downstairs for a snack, not ready to go to sleep just yet, and... Overheard something that I probably shouldn't have.

"It's over between us."

I'd know that voice anywhere. Aiden's girlfriend, Lizz. They'd been together for what..? A year now? ... Instantly, my heart began to hurt. I heard a beep, and knew that she had hung up.

What to do...

Before even realizing what I was doing, I wrapped my arms around my tall brother's waist, hugging him, forgetting for a moment that he was my brother and not a close friend.. Well he was.. But.. Yeah.

"Renee...?" Aiden sounded surprised... Sounded like he was in pain... Like he was hurting. I didn't let go of him. I felt that not a word was needed to be said, that right now... Right now my brother just needed someone.

I felt something warm and wet drip down onto my arm when Aiden lowered his head. He was crying. I pulled him even closer to me, still tightly hugging him from behind.

Aiden turned around slowly, shuffling, and then suddenly crushed me to him in a tight embrace. I hugged him back, knowing that this was the best thing for him right now. Not just a sister...

... A friend.

Time felt like it was standing still, holding onto that single moment while he and I hugged tightly, not letting each other go.

"Aiden..." I whispered finally, looking up at my brother, my green eyes gentle as I moved up my hand to brush some of my black bangs from my eyes.

He looked down at me.

"Yes?" His voice was kind of muffled, like he was choking on the words.. I couldn't blame him. He was trying to hide his pain from me, and I felt horribly bad for him for that very reason.

"I'm going to go to sleep.. But I won't lock my door. If you need me at all..." I trailed off, managing a weak smile. "I'm here. Please."

He was silent for a moment and let me go, allowing me to step back from him.

"... Alright..." He mumbled, looking down. I turned away, going back up the stairs to my room. About halfway up, I stopped and looked back at him.

"I love you." I said gently.
♠ ♠ ♠
>.< Rate N' Comment!!!!!