Status: Complete

Run Away With Me

Frank

I tried to sneak back in but my front door groaned loudly, and my mum was awake and down the stairs in a flash, glaring at me, trying her dressing gown tight around her.

"Where were you?" She demanded and I fought hard not to roll my eyes.

"Out," I pushed past her and tried to head for the stairs but she grabbed my arm and yanked me back. I was only wearing a short-sleeved t-shirt, so her fingers twisted my skin and burned. I flinched. "Mum!"

She held tighter, her nails biting into my skin. I was too close to her and I could smell the alcohol and cigarette's on her breath. I wanted to gag, I hated alcohol and smoking.

"Wait until you're father gets here," she snapped triumphantly, and I wrenched my arm out her iron vice-like grip. Dad wasn't like mum, he didn't pinch and slap or punch or kick. He only sighed and talked about me letting him down again. I wasn't sure what I hated more.

"Whatever," I tried to act like I wasn't bothered and I slumped to my room, slamming my door loudly.

I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket and it beeped loudly, alerting me to a text message. I seized it eagerly, somehow hoping it was Rosie. It wasn't though, it was Kalli.

MY GAY BRO JUST WOK ME UP. U WANT 2 DO SUM THING? I M BORED. COME 2 MINE K?

I sighed, I didn't really want to see Kalli, she was bitchy and nasty. I shook my head free of those thoughts. She could be a laugh sometimes, if I was honest.

CAN I COME ROUND NOW?

MEET AT DA SHOP K? C U SOON! LOVE U X

I shoved my phone back in my pocket and slipped back out the house. I got to the shop in five minutes, and Kalli wasn't there for another half an hour. I was just thinking of leaving when she sashayed up to me in a tiny skirt and a tank top.

"Hey Frank," she said casually, grabbing my hand.

"Hey Kalli," I was casual too, hoping it wasn't obvious I was nervous.

"Oh, Frankie sweetie," she put on a sugary voice. "Your hands all sweaty! Are you nervous? Do I make you nervous?" She sent me a sidelong glance.

"N-no!" Why was I stuttering?

"I think you're lying," she teased, then suddenly she pushed me up against the wall of the shop and kissed me, pressing herself close to me. "See?" She smiled triumphantly when she pulled away.

"Right," I nodded, not knowing what to say.

"See," she began walking again, pulling me along with her. "Me and you belong together Frank, we're like soul mates, right? So, you'll be my boyfriend and stuff, okay?"

I nodded mutely.

"Good, but don't go thinking you can push me around, because my brother taught me karate, and I can make your life hell," her sweet smile didn't match her nasty words, and I felt confused, like I was falling and Kalli's hand was holding me up.

That didn't feel safe to me somehow.