I've Finally Had Enough

Chapter 9

Jade awoke with a start. What the hell? Where am I? he asked himself, rubbing his eyes. He looks around and notices that he was in his bunk on the bus. And he was alone.

That was way weird, he thought, realizing that it had been a dream. But it seemed so real. Pushing back the curtain, he squinted against the light that was peeking through a window that was half-covered. Shielding his eyes, he stumbles out, heading into the main area where he found the other guys talking and laughing.

Davey was the first to notice Jade enter the room and walked over to him, giving him a quick hug. "Hey, are you all right? You were pretty upset earlier. You hungry?" he asked, pulling away to look at him with worry in his eyes.

"Davey, I'm fine. Don't worry. Where's Smith?" Jade replied, forcing a smile.

"Where else would he be? He's driving," Davey said, frowning.

"I'm going to go talk to him," Jade said, headed towards the front of the bus. Walking up behind his brother, he taps him on the shoulder, causing Smith to jump up, startled.

"Jade, what the hell? Don't do that to me! I could have gone out of control and killed all you guys," Smith said, clutching the steering wheel tightly.

"I need to talk to you," Jade said quietly.

Smith quickly turned to glance over at his brother, a worried look crossing his face. "You all right?"

"I'm fine…I think. I needed to ask you a favor though…" he trailed off and stared at the road ahead of him.

"Sure, what is it?"

"Is there any way that you can make sure that Damian isn't allowed in any venue whatsoever? I don't want to see him or talk to him. Besides, I think that something finally clicked in his head, causing him to turn psycho on me," he said, looking down at the ground.

"Yeah. I'll be sure to call ahead at the first venue and tell them your situation. Do you by any chance have a recent picture of him? You know, so that I can show the security people?" he asked, changing lanes.

"Yeah, I'll give it to you later," Jade replied.

"Jade? Is there something else you need to tell me? Seems like there's something else on your mind," Smith asked, glancing over at his brother again.

"No…yes, there is, actually. Smith, I think…I think…I'm starting to see Davey as more than just a friend," Jade replied, his face starting to turn a light shade of pink.

"Davey? As in Davey who's in the back of the bus, Davey?" Smith asked, turning to look Jade in the eyes, incredulous.

Jade slowly nodded, lowering his gaze to the floor. "Yeah, that Davey," he whispers, grabbing onto the seat as Smith suddenly put on the brakes.

"What the hell, Smith!? Can you not drive anymore," they hear Hunter yell from the back of the bus.

"You think you can do better? I would love to see you try," Smith yelled back, grinning in satisfaction when he didn't hear him complain anymore. "That's what I thought. So, as you were saying…you have a thing for Davey now?"

"Yeah, I think I do. And I have no idea what I'm going to do about it, either. I mean, we did kiss earlier this morning, but that was it," Jade replied, earning him another disbelieving look from his brother.

"You and Davey kissed?"

"Yeah, something wrong with that," Jade asked, grinning.

"No, I'm just trying to understand all of this. But tell me, do you think he feels the same way about you as you do about it?" Smith asked

"That's the thing. I don't know if he does or not. And if he doesn't then I'm screwed, right? It's not like I can endure being with him literally 24/7 if he doesn't feel the same way as I do. But I really do hope he does, I mean, he was the one who asked me for a kiss," Jade replied, looking straight ahead.

"You know what, Jade? I think he might feel the same way as you do, I think," Smith said, looking over at his brother.

"Really?" Jade asked, his face lighting up.

"Yeah. I was just noticing this a few weeks ago, too. He kept on giving you these weird looks when you were with Damian that it made me think that he actually cares more about you than you think," Smith explained. "And to me, it seemed that he was a bit on the jealous side. Either that you were with someone and he wasn't or he wished he was the one with you."