Behind the Scars

Findings

The Joker found Trey and made him tag along with him. Trey had no clue where they was going or what The Joker had in plan, but he followed behind him anyways. They arrived at a run down apartment a little bit later. Trey looked at the Joker with raised eyebrows. Why were they here? The Joker laughed coldly to himself.

"I knew it." He mumbled.
"Knew what?"
"Look there-- see that blue car?" The Joker said.

Trey looked behind the line of vehicles and saw the blue car.

"That's Deuce's car."
"Yup."
"But how did it get here?"
"This is where his crack whore of a girlfriend lives."
"But that car was parked two blocks away from the club the night he died."

Then Trey realized what this meant.

"You think he's alive?"
"And well-- working for Maroni. I think it was all a set up to get someone out of Cumberland so they stood a better chance."
"I can't believe he was stupid enough to turn."
"I can." The Joker muttered, "Maroni probably waved a few thousand dollars in front of his eyes and he sung like a bird."

The Joker started the vehicle back up and headed towards the hideout. They would have to evacuate this one as well since Deuce knew the location. He would deal with Deuce as soon as he made sure Allie had a safe place to rest her head at night. He hated traders more than anything. They arrived back at the location a little bit later.

"So, what about the girl?"
"What about her?" The Joker snapped.
"Is she part of this now-- or are you just waiting around for a more appropriate time to take care of her?"
"She's not to be touched." The Joker muttered lowly.

Trey didn't say another word as they got out of the vehicle. The Joker walked up the stairs and straight to his bedroom. Trey stayed downstairs and broke the news of Deuce's betrayal to King and Ace.

He slammed the door out of anger, and then remembered she was suppose to be sleeping. He cursed, and then looked over and noticed her stirring a bit. He licked over the scars on the interior of his mouth and walked into the conjoined bathroom.

She sit up in bed and listened as the shower ran. She wondered what he slammed the door for. Was he pissed? At her? Had she done something? Was he mad because she had kissed him not once, but twice? She tangled her fingers together and chewed on her bottom lip as she waited for him to make his exit. Nearly thirty minutes later, he walked out of the bathroom in a pair of lounge pants. Droplet's of water were falling down over his masculine chest.

"Are you mad at me?" She ask softly, while he was digging through a drawer, probably for a shirt.
"No."

She sighed, and he turned around and looked at her. Her hair was everywhere, and there was hardly any make-up left on her face. She looked so delicate and fragile in the middle of his bed. He licked over his lips, and tasted the water from the shower.

"We're going to change locations. . . again." He muttered.
"How come?" She ask.
"Because someone wants to die." He said coldly, referring to Deuce.

He could see her muscles tense up when he mentioned the word 'die'. He chuckled, "Not you." he said yet again. She breathed out and then ran her fingers through her hair.

"Did someone turn on you?" She ask.
"Yes."
"Are you going to. . .hurt him?" She ask.
"Kill him would be the correct word."
"Jack!"

He narrowed his eyes, "Not so loud-- only you know my real name-- well, you and that ditsy friend of yours."
"You can't just kill a man!"
"and why not?" He ask.
"Because-- it's cruel!"
"It's what I do."
"But. . ."
"But nothing. I'm going downstairs and telling them we need to pack up again. Will you be ready to go in an hour?"

She nodded her head slowly, and watched as he pulled a dark colored shirt over his head and disappeared from the room. She couldn't deny or lie about her feelings towards him. She was falling for him. She didn't want to fall for the gruesome murderer with the scars in his skin-- she wanted to fall for the man behind the scars.

She pulled her hair back into a pony tail, and walked into the bathroom and splashed some water on her face. She felt no need to get all dressed up around him. He had saw her at her worse, there was no need to dress to impress now. She walked out of the bathroom and saw him standing in the corner picking up her bags.

"You ready?"
"Yes." She said.
"Come on then-- You and I are riding together. The guys are already gone." He said.

An hour later they were inside yet another hideout. This one was a lot better in Allie's eyes. It wasn't nearly as old, nor as dusty. There was still only two bedrooms. One had three beds in it, while the other just had one. There wasn't even a sofa in his bedroom this time.

"I'll sleep downstairs, don't worry." He said.
"You can sleep in here."
"You're sleeping in here." He stated.

She giggled shyly, "I don't have cooties, Jack." She said.

He smiled. Sleeping in the same room as her would make it easier to protect her.

"So, what's on the agenda today?" She ask.
"Laying low."
♠ ♠ ♠
Image