Behind the Scars

Speechless

She starred into his deep brown eyes for a few minutes, registering what she had just done. She had just drove a criminal and his henchmen to safety. She sucked in a deep breath-- knowing he was probably going to kill her tonight.

"I ask you a question." He said hatefully.
"I. . .I just thought I would repay you." She said lowly.
"Repay me?" He questioned, "Do you know who I am?"
"Barely--I saw your face in the newspaper. . . I'm not from around here." She admitted.

The Joker didn't know what to make out of this situation. This woman had basically saved him and his goons from going to jail, and possibly back to Arkham. He didn't know what to say to her-- what could he say? For the first time in a long time, he was left speechless. He watched as she clutched onto the steering wheel tightly. Her knuckles were starting to turn white. He waited for her to say something. When she finally did, he didn't know what to think of it.

"Will you make it quick?" She ask, tears glistening in her eyes.
"Make what quick?" He questioned, yet again.
"My death-- make it quick, please." She begged.

He ran his tongue over the inside of his mouth, tracing the scars from the inside. He probably should kill her-- since she knew where his hideout was, but for some reason he didn't want to-- not just yet. He was interested in her; why exactly was Maroni allowing his men to basically rape and beat her if she was his daughter? and if she was Maroni's daughter-- then she lied about not being from around here. He slammed his fist into the dash board-- he hated liar's more than anything.

Allie flinched as she watched him ram his gloved hands into her dash board. She knew that any moment he was going to pull out his blood stained knife and jab it in her. She just hoped he hit a main artery. She found herself questioning how many lives that blade had taken.

"I . HATE . LIARS" He spat.
"Who. . who lied?" She questioned.
"YOU!" He bellowed turning around to face her.

She saw the anger in his eyes. She gave into her fear and allowed the tears to drip from her eyes. She had always thought the clown from the movie "IT" was scary; but Pennywise was like a little cute kitten compared to the Joker. His chalky white make-up seemed to glow in the poorly lit up warehouse.

"I. . I didn't lie." She stuttered
"You said you wasn't from around here-- yet Maroni said you were his daughter. Detecting a lie here, Princess." He said, making the word 'princess' come out in a mocking tone.
"I-- came here looking for him." She said lowly, not knowing if her explanation would work or not.
"What do you mean?" He ask, growing impatient with her stuttering.
"My mom passed-- leaving me a note with his name; I'd never met him before, so I came here searching for him. . . today when I showed up-- well, he wasn't excited to see me, I lost my temper and called him an asshole-- and basically he showed me what a real asshole he could be." She said, growing more comfortable with talking as her story passed on.

The Joker studied her story and believed her for some odd reason. What reason would she have to lie? She believed she was dying tonight; so why lie? He looked over at her and studied her stunning green eyes which were glassed over, and one blackened due to the beating she had received earlier. He remembered back to when he first saw her in the shed, it brought back a painful memory from his past.

(This is from the Joker's past-- He was seven years old in the memory)

A small Jack Napier watched as his mother baked him some cookies. He had a wide grin on his face as he watched her place them in the oven. She turned around and smiled at her only son; her angel.

"Jack-- after we eat some cookies would you like to go and play with bubbles?" His mother ask.

Bubbles was their pet; a playful German Shepard.

"Sure, mom." He said.

When it was just him and his mother; things were perfect. But when his drunken father entered the picture that's when everything turned sour. His mother normally had bruises scattered across her beautiful face, though she always told Jack they were 'love marks', he knew better. He knew what a monster his father really was.

WHACK!

He turned around hearing a loud sound. It was the shutting of the living room door. Jack closed his eyes as he heard the loud drunken yells of his father.

"Go upstairs, Jack! Go." His mother ushered him.

Jack knew to obey her. He darted out of the kitchen quickly, but didn't go up the stairs. Instead he stood from the door way, hiding behind the stairs, watching his father walk into the kitchen. He heard him yell words that he knew he wasn't suppose to hear. His mother had called them 'bad' words.

Jack watched as his father grabbed his mother by the head of her blond hair and yanked her forward. He then reached over and grabbed a large knife from the counter, and slit her red sundress down the back and dropped it from her body. Jack turned his eyes away, knowing he wasn't suppose to look at his mother when she was changing-- he had got scolded once before for walking in on her when he was just five.

He heard screams, and looked back out of curiosity. He saw his mother bent over a chair, and his father behind her. She looked as if she was in more pain than he could have imagined. He took off darting up the stairs, and hid under his bed. The sobs coming from his mother downstairs were loud enough to still feel his ears.

Then the sobs stopped-- and everything went silent. He began to crawl out from under the bed, wondering what had happened, and that's when his bedroom door flung open, and in walked his father.

"Like what you saw kid?" The drunken man ask.

Jack just shook his head and backed up into a corner. His father laughed as he came near him, a small blade flickering in his left hand dripping with blood. He walked over, and with his strong free hand he placed it on Jack's face, holding him stiffly in place.

"You never smile for me." His father spoke, "But when that slut of a mother says the tiniest little thing-- you smile. Why is that?" He questioned.

Jack didn't say a word, instead he just looked up into his father's eyes-- the same eyes he had.

"You're gonna smile, kid!" He said.

Before Jack knew what he meant by that statement, he could feel the tearing apart of his flesh-- a knife was being stretched across his cheeks. Giving him a permanent smile.

The Joker shook his head-- letting go of the mental picture he had just created for himself. He didn't realize what had happened to his mother until years later-- he then knew what his father had done. The police reports only told him she was murdered-- but he knew better than that. Before his father killed her; he first raped her, which is why the Joker had such a difficult time with rape.

"Go." He said, opening the door and getting out of the vehicle.
"What?" She said.
"I said Go-- get out of Gotham. Don't come back." He said bitterly.

Allie watched as he left the car. She planned on doing as he said, leaving Gotham and never returning. She was grateful for her second chance.

The Joker walked into the room where the rest of the boys were and felt disappointed in himself. He could have easily killed her.

"We're changing locations." He said.
"What-- why?" Trey ask.
"Because, I fucking said so-- pack up your shit and be ready to leave by midnight." He yelled.

He walked up the stairs and groaned. He knew his men would think he had went soft-- but they didn't understand. He couldn't kill her-- not after knowing that she had almost been raped. She seemed like a sweet girl-- sweet like his mother once was. His mother's loving angelic face was the only thing that saved Allie.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image