Behind the Scars

Passage

Allie squirmed as Maroni held a fistful of her hair in one hand, and had his hand over her mouth, blocking her screams. Her eyes were filled with tears. She hoped that someone, anyone would walk through the door and save her.

Maroni was surprised he hadn't heard anything-- and then all of a sudden. He heard yelling, and gunshots. He pulled Allie up by the hair of the head, and pushed her in front of him. He had a feeling that it wasn't his wife visiting anymore. He was going to use her as a shield, just as his man had last week.

"BOSS!" One of his men yelled, running into the room, "It's the Joker and his men!"
"Fuck." Maroni cursed loudly.
"There's a secret passage way-- behind the picture of my grandmother." He said pointing to a picture of a Grey haired woman.

Maroni pushed Allie forward, and then he heard the horrid laughter.

"Going somewhere, Maroni?" The Joker ask.

Maroni turned around, holding Allie directly in front of him. The Joker's eyes changed when he saw her. Once again she was beaten, and looked scared to death. He was positive that she had left Gotham; he could tell by her face that day-- she was leaving and never returning. What had changed? Was Maroni sick enough to track her down?

"Ta ta ta, hold on one second." The Joker said, as Maroni tried to inch backwards into the passage.
"I see you're giving this lady a hard time." The Joker said childishly.

Maroni was only a feet or so from the doorway, if he could just cause a distraction. He then thought about what he could do to stall the Joker for a moment. He grinned as he tossed her forward into The Joker and then ran behind the passage like a coward, sealing it behind him. He ran down the hidden hallway, and met up with his surviving man, the two of them made an escape from the mansion.

Allie tumbled forward into the arms of the man in the purple suit. The Joker growled as he caught the girl as she fell forwards. He then managed to straighten her up as he walked over to the passage way. He kicked, and punched the wall, wondering how Maroni entered it.

"Behind the picture." Allie mumbled.

The Joker turned around and looked at her, and then looked over at a picture of an elderly woman. He tore the picture off the wall and pressed in on a button, a door way opened and he ran through the door way in hopes of catching Maroni.

King, and Ace entered the room and looked over at the horrified girl standing there with her arms cross.

"Where is he?" Ace questioned.

Allie just raised her hand and pointed to the passage way. Ace took his gun from his pocket and took off running down the passage. King looked at her.

"What happened?" King ask.
"He pushed me into the. . . the. . ." Allie stumbled with her words.
"Joker?" King questioned.
"Yeah-- and he disappeared, The uhm, Joker went after him." She said.
"How'd you get back in this mess?" King ask.
"They took me from my home."

Trey and Deuce walked into the room, and King explained to them what happened. Allie looked towards the passageway when she heard talking. The Joker walked out first, cursing loudly and kicking the wall.

"He escaped." He mumbled.

The Joker looked towards Allie.

"What are you doing here? I told you to leave." He spat.
"They came back for me." She said, her voice cracking.

The Joker looked deep into her tear filled green eyes and shook his head. Maroni wanted her dead. He wanted Maroni dead.

"They come after you?" He questioned her
"Y-yes." She said, confused.
"Then they'll come again."

She swallowed hard. She just wished they'd leave her alone.

"And I'll be waiting for them. Where do you live again?" The Joker ask.
"C-Cumberland." She said.
"Cumberland is where I'm going then. Trey, you're coming along too-- Ace, King, Deuce. I want you three finding out any information you can about Maroni."

Allie swallowed hard. Did he just say he was going to Cumberland? Was he going with her? Was he going to kill her, take over her house, and then wait for Maroni to show up again? She bit down on her bottom lip as she wondered what was going to happen.

"Let's go." The Joker said, pointing his knife towards her. She followed him and another man, who she come to know as Trey out of the mansion. The Joker and Trey loaded up into one white van, while the other three got in another.

"How long of a drive?" Trey ask, taking the steering wheel.
"About four or so hours." Allie said.

The Joker looked at her and then shook his head once again. He didn't want to go to Cumberland but this seemed like the best way to get Maroni. He was using the girl as bait-- and once she was wasn't of any use to him then he could leave Cumberland, or dispose of her. He still hadn't made his decision on which he wanted to do yet.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image