Status: slowly progressing

Paradise Lost

I Love You

I saw Jay’s car immediately as I pulled into the Geisha House and I parked in the spot next to him. Getting out of the car, I knocked on his window, startling him a bit. He stepped out of the car, looking me over as he got out.

“You look…amazing.” He said, shutting the car door.

“Thanks, you look pretty good yourself.” I replied, and he did. He was wearing a white button down shirt with the sleeves rolled up and a pair of black pants and black slip on Vans. We walked into the restaurant and Jorel gave the hostess his name and she took us to our seat.

“So, how have you been?” He asked after we had been seated.

“I’ve been better. How about you?”

“I’m living I guess. But, um, I wanted to bring you out to dinner and apologize. Maybe, set some things straight.”

Jorel opened his mouth to speak again but was cut off by the waitress coming to our table.

“Hi, what can I get you to drink tonight?”

“We’ll have a bottle of the Riesling. And two waters, please.” Jay ordered for us, and once she was gone, he continued.

“Natalie, I just want to first off say that I’ve been wasted for the past week. I can’t get anything done without you, I blanked out during the radio interview today, and I don’t even want to wake up in the morning anymore because I know that you aren’t going to be beside me. I fucked up and I need you. You’re the only girl that has ever stood by me, even while I was in jail. So, please, give us another chance? I’ll change, I promise. For real this time, babe.”

“Wow, Jay, I don’t even know what to say. I mean, I love you. I always have and nothing changed it. But are you really going to be able to change? You guys leave for another tour in a few weeks. Who’s to say that you aren’t going to go back to the same Jay that I’ve been dealing with for the past few months once you get onstage and behind the mask again?”

“I’ll have all of the guys keep an eye on me. I’ll…I got it! You come on tour with us! As long as you’re around, I won’t even want to look at anyone else.”

“I can’t, who’s going to stay in the house, Chris is looking to get me another job. I can’t tour.”

“Please, think about it. Ok?”

Our waitress was back again to take our orders and give us our drinks. I watched Jorel’s face light up as I told him that I would consider touring with them if the record company let me. Right now, Jay and I were happy and I was going to try to keep it that way. Dinner came too soon, and Jay and I were just talking about things that we remembered from in high school. After we finished our dinner and ordered dessert, Jorel went back to his original topic of ‘us’.

“Let’s start over Nat. I’ll treat you right from day one this time.”

“Then I’m willing to give it a go, Jay.”

“Does, uh, does this mean that I can move back into the house. I hate living in a hotel room. Aron kicked me out the other day because of his new girl. “

I laughed, same old Jay.

“Yeah, you can move back in.”

“Ok, I’ll just follow you home tonight. I’ll grab my stuff tomorrow. Hell, half of my stuff is in the car anyways.”

Jorel paid our bill and we headed out to our cars. Right before I stepped into mine, though, Jay pushed me up against the door and kissed me.

“I thought we were starting from the beginning. I thought we weren’t supposed to kiss on the first date.” I joked with him, kissing him again.

“Babe, we almost had sex on our first date so don’t even try to act all innocent.”

I shook my head at him and slid into the seat of my car.

“I’ll meet you at the house.”

“Ok, see you soon, Nat.”

We drove off, with Jorel following me the entire time. When we finally got back to my house, I got out of my car and watched as Jay stepped out of his too. Walking up to the door he picked me up bridal style and walked us in, not stopping until I was upstairs on top of the bed.

“I missed this.” He said, crawling in beside me and wrapping an arm around my waist.

“Me too.” I mumbled, falling asleep in his arms.