Status: slowly progressing

Paradise Lost

Leaving isn't always Hard

Chelsey would probably be asleep right now, so I wasn’t going to bother her. My friend Emily would be awake though, so I dialed her number and waited for her to call.

“Hey!” she answered, happy as usual.

“Hey, um, do you mind if I stay with you for a little while?” I asked, crying again.

“Yeah, what’s wrong? What happened with Jorel this time?” She asked, concerned.

“I left. He told me he’s been cheating on me the entire tour and I’m done. I’m coming over now.”

“Ok,” she said, and then I heard a voice in the background.

“Who else is there?” I asked, not wanting to interrupt her if she was with someone else.

“It’s just Dillon. It’s fine. He says come over, because he wants to know exactly what Jorel did to you.”

“’K, I’ll be there soon.”

I drove the oh-so-familiar streets of LA and soon found myself pulling into Emily’s driveway.

“Hey Natalie, what’s wrong?” Dillon, still in his funny man mask, asked as I walked into the house.

“Me and Jorel got in a fight, he told me he’s been cheating on me every night, and I left. That’s it. I’m done with his sorry ass and as soon as he wakes up in the morning, I’m kicking his ass out. That house is mine.”

“I don’t blame you. He’s one of my best boys, but the shit he does to you, no one deserves it.”

“Thanks,” I said, giving him a hug, “I needed to hear that I was doing the right thing.”
Emily came around the corner with just what I needed right now. Some ice cream, chocolate bars, and a beer.

“Thanks Em.” I said, taking the carton and spoon and sitting down at the couch.

For the rest of the night, the three of us sat up, laughing and talking. They did everything they could to keep my mind from wandering back to Jorel. They even told me the reason that Dillon was over there so late. They were dating now. I knew that Dillon would treat her like she was the center of the earth, you could see it in the way that he looked at her. It looked like he was feeling complete and utter joy just by looking at her. Every time she talked, his face lit up and a smile graced his lips. Even when Jorel and I were in love, he never acted like that.

“Ok guys, I’m calling it a night.” I said, making my way to the guest room down the hall.

They said there goodnights and then I sat down in bed, thinking about the times that Jorel and I were happy.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments? New chapter up in a few minutes