Forgotten Faces

Never Would've Guessed

I stayed quiet as everyone else was busy playing basketball. I told Coach Harris that I was having some "girl problems", and he was quick to believe me.

He let me sit on the bleachers, while everyone else was playing happily.

Everyone was smiling. Some were smiling because they were amazingly good at sports unlike myself. Others were smiling because they were so bad, it was amusing to them.

I just stared at everyone. They were interesting to me.

I found that one brunette I had the pleasure of meeting on the first day of school. Without her hitting me in the head with a basketball, I might've never met Matt. So I had her to thank for the blessing.

I knew I wasn't going to see Justin or Matt anywhere. They were both suspended for a week or so.

I really didn't even get to say, "thank you," to Matt. It really did bother me that I didn't. I wanted to be courteous to the man that practically saved me.

But how would Justin treat me now? I was even more afraid now.

Could anyone keep him away from me? As much as I hated Justin, it would kill my parents, if I turned him in. They were in love with their son, and I wouldn't be the one to make them sad.

I was their daughter. I was born to make them happy and proud. I wasn't making them proud or happy at the moment, so I would never turn Justin in.

He was the one that made them smile. He was the one they were proud of. He was providing everything I couldn't.

I would never be able to turn him in. He was my brother after all.

"So how are you," someone asked.

I smiled, once I saw that it was Caitlin. She had a small smile on her face, and she actually looked like she wasn't ready to pounce on me for once in her life.

"I'm fine," I said softly. She nodded, and she sat down next to me.

She was messing with her gym shirt, as she just looked down on the ground.

"So how do you know Justin," I asked. I was trying to make small talk with this girl? I must've lost my mind or something.

Usually, I would want her to leave me alone, so I wouldn't have to listen to talk endlessly about things that didn't matter to me. Now I wanted her to say something. If I was hearing her voice, then I wouldn't be able to think about anything. That was much better for me.

"He was my first boyfriend actually," Cat said, chuckling.

I raised an eyebrow. I never knew he had one. I guess this was something I really didn't want to know though.

"Oh," I said. "Don't be like that please. We went out for the shortest time. It was nothing really. He asked me out, and I agreed to. We went out for maybe five months tops." Cat explained.

I stayed quiet.

Who would've known that Cat would've gone out with my brother?

"He never told me he had a sister," Cat mumbled.

I sighed, as I moved a strand of my black hair in back of my ear.

"I hope you don't feel the need to explain yourself to me. You really don't have to; it's not your fault. Justin is just like that," I said softly.

Cat played with her gym shorts, tugging at the hem.

"I just thought you should know. I didn't think he was like this. None of us did," Cat said. "So you all knew him?" I asked.

Cat just nodded.

Something deep inside me felt terrible. It felt like something inside me was being crushed by a two ton giant.

I think I was disgusted that I actually started to like people that were once Justin's friends. He had friends that I was starting to like? That was what disgusted me. It wasn't the people themselves. Although, they were quite the crowd.

"So how do they know him?" I asked, finally. "They met him through us dating. They all just welcomed him."

I bit down on my bottom lip. I didn't really like talking about Justin like this, but I couldn't help myself. I just wanted to know more and more.

"Actually, I think Zacky was the only one who didn't like him." Cat said, smiling. "It was because he like you, wasn't it?" I asked.

She nodded with a big smile on her face.

"You should've seen how jealous he was of him. He would try to trip him, call him names, and challenge him to baseball games." Cat said, laughing.

"When did Justin leave?" I asked. "Right after, I broke up with him actually." Cat said.

The way she said it was like she finally just realized something.

"It was the day, after I broke up with him actually," she said softly.

She seemed worried now. It was like she realized something so big that it hit her right in the face.

"Oh, my God! When did he start?" She asked, worried.

I shook my head.

"Don't worry; you didn't start it. He started it a long time ago," I said. She bit down on her lip, probably debating whether or not she should believe me.

"Well, the bell's about to ring." I said, standing up.

I began to walk down the bleachers, when someone touched my shoulder. It gave me a fright, nearly making me tumble down the bleachers.

I looked back to see Cat. She looked worried.

"Sorry about that," she mumbled. I just shrugged. I guess my balance was a tad bad on my part.

"But I just wanted to tell you that Matt's gonna come after school, to talk to us. I just wanted to know if you wanted to come along." Cat said.

Her eyes were begging me to agree. Her lower lip was out just a tad, and she was looking as sad as ever.

"Sure," I said. She lit up.

"Good, 'cause he wanted you to show up." She said happily.
♠ ♠ ♠
So Cat used to date Justin? Eww... Well, tell me what you guys would like me to write next. It doesn't mean that I will write it; I'm just curious. And I hated this chapter so much. Just hated it. :p