My Life As Sienna Brown

Part 102

Gee came back silently and took a place next to Mikey. He didn't say anything. He looked at the floor and twiddled his thumbs. Mikey sent awkward glances his way, but never said a word.
I was almost thinking, maybe they didn't need to say a word, maybe they just knew what eachother was thinking. Maybe this was finally starting to end.

I once again felt Frank's gaze across my face, and for once, turned and looked at him. He smiled, like he meant it. I forced a smile back, squeezing his hand through my grasp.

It was a while later that the doctor came out and called Mikey over. Mikey looked at Gerard nervously, but Gee still looked at the floor. Mikey got up and walked over to the doctor, turning his back to that we were all excluded from the conversation. It was reasonable enough...

I looked back at Gerard, who I noticed was looking hopefully at Mikey. I turned my gaze back to Mikey, who nodded at the words the doctor had to saybefore he turned back to Gerard with a distraught look on his face. Gee stood up as Mikey approached him and wrapped him arms around him in an embrassing hug.

I began to worry, and I didn't notice just how hard I was squeezing Frank's hand.

Mikey turned towards us and wiped away tears under his glasses.

"What's going on," Bob asked.

"Um... the doctor said... that Heather should be okay..."

I smiled, then it disapeared as he continued to talk,

"But he said that there's a chance that the baby won't make it."

My jaw dropped and I heard the doctor clear his throat from behind me, causing us all to turn our heads toward him. "You can see her now," He remarked. "But don't cause too much stress."

Everyone got up and Frank looked at me as I started to shake.

"I'll be fine," I remarked, shooing him ahead with everyone else as I waited for Mikey and Gerard to come acorss the hall.

I hugged Mikey tightly as he approached me and whispered, "Don't worry... everything will be okay, alright?"

I felt him nod before I let him go and hugged Gerard, "Thank you," I whispered, feeling him hug me back.

"I had to do it," he said.

"No you didn't. You chose to do it because you knew it meant her life. Thank you so much."

"Anything for my favourite people in the whole world," he stated.