My Life As Sienna Brown

Part 35

We stood in the hall, and the cop was standing in the doorway. "Privately," Frank ordered, and the cop (after raising and eyebrow and crossing his arms) closed the door and walked back in the office after a few moments.

"Anna, what are you doing? You're giving up. You're taking their shit. Remember what Gerard said?"

I nodded.

"Then don't give up so easily, at least put up a fight."

"Frank, we can fight, but we can't win against them."

He shook my shoulders, "Are you aware that if we sign this thing, we're never going to be able to see each other again?"

"Yes, Frank, I am fully aware of that. What else do you want me to do," I asked, and looked the other way as my throat started to sting.

"Come up with a plan. You're good at that; you can wiggle your way out of this."

"Yes, I can. So sign it, we'll think of something later, right now, I can't think. So sorry if that disappoints you."

He sighed. He was disappointed, and that hurt- all of this did. I swear she was ruining my life on purpose. I hope I think of something... or I'll kill myself!

"Okay... I'll sign it if you want me to," Frank said finally, with his hands still on my shoulders. "But I need to tell you something first. I... I- well... uh, I mean I..."

I edged on.

"I love-"

"Time's up, get in here now," the cop instructed and we both sighed.

Frank pulled me towards him and hugged me before he stormed past the cop, only to slouch back into his chair as I shyly slipped past him and put my hand on my head.