Charisma

Twenty-nine.

"There you are." Billie's voice filled my ears.

I looked up from the still water of the pool, where I had wandered out in the middle of Green Day's set due to lack of concentration. I noticed a few beads of sweat on his forehead and he took a swig of his water bottle.

"Yeah, sorry for leaving. I have a lot of my mind."

"Well, what's up, cutie?" Billie squatted down next to me, patting my back affectionately.

"My dad told me something earlier, and it's tearing at me." I looked at Billie, my mouth curved in a frown.

He furrowed his eyebrows. "What...did he tell you?"

"They are going back to England. Indefinitely." As I spoke, it was as if I was learning this for the first time all over again. Tears stung at my eyes and I sniffled as Billie stood up, sitting behind me on the diving board, pulling me into his lap.

"And you're heartbroken." He commented, not questioned.

"Yes! And staying here is tearing me at the seams. I want to stay here, be with you, but at the same time I want to be with my family. Especially my dad." I surprised myself at how honest I was being, but after all, Billie had that effect on me.

I felt him kiss my shoulder blade. The touch of his lips sent butterflies in my stomach awry.

"Baby girl, you know I will support you in whatever you decide."

"You say that, but if I were to leave, it wouldn't feel too good, would it?" I turned my head back to look at him.

"Of course not, babe. It's already an unsettling feeling in the pit of my stomach, but I'm not going to argue with your decision. I know you love me, but you need to what is best for you."

"How come you're so understanding?" I asked, smiling slightly.

He chuckled. "I'm actually surprising myself right now."

He kissed my shoulder again and I adjusted myself, turning to the side, my legs hanging over his upper thigh.

"It seems you worked up a storm." I joked as I pushed his stringy hair back.

"Yeah, we really poured ourselves into this set. The crowd is really responsive."

"That's good. I think we're going on in ten minutes." I sighed, trying to mentally prepare myself for performing.

"Charisma!" Amy yelled as I reappeared from the bathroom; startling me.

"Whoa, hi, Amy." I breathed.

"I bought you something," she explained, "I don't want you to freak out when I give it to you, but I was thinking after you left the coffee shop of how you could be getting sick so much lately, and I think I figured out why."

Before I knew what was happening, she dragged me back into the bathroom and locked the door. She sighed, turning as she let her back lean against the wall and she revealed a small box from her jacket pocket.

"What is that?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows slightly. I couldn't make out the text on the box, for her hands were covering too much.

"Open your hands." She demanded.

I sighed, holding my hands out and she dropped the small box into them. I snorted, looking up at her.

"Are you crazy, Amy?"

"Think about it!"

I looked back down at the small white box. I tried to wrap my mind around what could possibly come out of taking the test, and I felt weak in the knees.

"I-I d-d-d-on't t-t-t-t-hink---" I stuttered. Fast.

"Sit down!" Amy hollered, reaching out to grab ahold of my arms before I fell down. She helped steady me down as I sat on the edge of the bathtub.

"I can't be!" I whimpered, looking down at the box.

Amy smiled halfheartedly. "There is only one way to find out."

"Will you stay?" I begged, looking from the box to her.

"Of course. But I'm going to keep my back turned while you do it." She joked, smiling slightly.

"Of course."

As we waited, I was becoming impatient. Amy had to remind me to breathe, and I tried my best to keep my cool.

"This! This is insane! There is no way!"

"That's what the test is for, Charisma," She looked down at her watch.

"It's time."

She looked at me, waiting for confirmation to pick it up. Tears stung my eyes as I nodded once; weakly.

I studied her expression as she read the stick first, but she gave nothing away. She slowly handed it to me, which in I ripped out of her grasp.

As my eyes locked on the result, I felt my heartbeat slow. My mind started reeling and I heard a light knock on the bathroom door.

"Charisma?" Billie called out.

I looked at the door.

"Charisma!" Amy yelled, being the last thing I heard as my eyes rolled back and everything became dark.
♠ ♠ ♠
OH HEY.