Sequel: Have Faith In Me
Status: Sequel is up.Have Faith In Me

How Quickly I Forget; That This Is Beating Less

If It Means A Lot To You

Waiting alone in the bus was no fun. Everyone was at Starbucks getting coffee. I had decided against it, wanting to rest a bit instead. I sighed and picked up my bass quickly. I was in the mood to play different.

"Hey darling, I hope you're good tonight
And I know you don't feel right when I'm leaving
Yeah, I want it but no, I don't need it
Tell me something sweet to get me by
'Cause I can't come back home 'til they're singin'

La, la la la, la la la
'Til everyone is singin'

If you can wait 'til I get home
Then I swear to you that we can make this last
(La la la)
If you can wait 'til I get home
Then I swear come tomorrow, this will all be in our past
It might be for the best

Hey sweetie, I need you here tonight
And I know that you don't wanna be leaving
Yeah, you want it but I can't help it
I just feel complete when you're by my side
But I know you can't come home 'til they're singin'

La, la la la, la la la
'Til everyone is singin'
La, la la la, la la la

If you can wait 'til I get home
Then I swear to you that we can make this last
(La la la)
If you can wait 'til I get home
Then I swear come tomorrow, this will all be in our past
It might be for the best

You know you can't give me what I need
And even though you mean so much to me
I can wait through everything
Is this really happening?
I swear I'll never be happy again
And don't you dare say we can just be friends
I'm not some boy that you can sway
We knew it'd happen eventually

La, la la la, la la la
Now everybody's singin'
La, la la la, la la la
Now everybody's singin'
(If you can wait 'til I get home)
La, la la la, la la la
Now everybody's singin'
(Then I swear we can make this last)
La, la la la, la la la
Now everybody's singin'

If you can wait 'til I get home
Then I swear we can make this last." I put down my bass and smiled to myself. Leaning back in my bunk I decided I needed to go out. I grabbed my phone off the floor and texted Allison.

Alli let's go out tonight!

Why? Crazy girl (=

I really want to. Just bored and need to get out of this bus. We don't play 'til 6 tomorrow anyway! Please? (;

Yeah I'll tell Erin and Cam. You gonna tell Max?

Of course I am! Make sure she tells Bry.

Yup. Get dressed. We'll be back in fifteen. <3 you

&!

I heard a knock on the door and checked myself in the mirror one last time. I opened the door to see Cam standing there with a smile on his face.

"Hey Cam."

"Jule you look beautiful." Cam took my hand in his and led me to where the others were waiting.

"Where's Max?" I noticed he was the only one missing; Cam, Erin, Alli, Craig, Bryan, and Robert were all here.

"Still at the bus. He went to grab his jacket." Craig smiled and motioned towards his bus. "Go get him?" I nodded and headed off to find Max. I approached ETF's bus and pushed the door open quietly; I hoped to surprise Max. Oh boy did I surprise Max.

"Julie?" Tears formed at the corners of my eyes.

"Why Max?" He stood up from his position on the couch. The girl on top of him rolled to the floor, scowling at me. Max extended his hand and moved towards me.

"Jul-"

"Save it Max. I don't want to hear it." I threw the door open and slammed it behind me, leaving Max and his slut alone again. I let the tears fall freely now. Looking at my hands, I frowned. I still had Max's jacket that I had grabbed off the coat hook when I entered. The tears were pooling in it and I brushed them off. Finally I gave in completely. Sobs shook my body and I had to sit down to keep myself from collapsing.

"Julie are you alright?" Bradley appeared out of nowhere and crouched down beside me, his hand resting gently on my back.

"Max cheated on me!" I choked out, burying my face into his shoulder.

"Oh sweetie." I looked up at him and his face was bright red from anger. He stood up. "I'll be right back Jule." Bradley raced off in the direction of Max's bus and a few moments later I heard screaming and saw Bradley run off the bus. He came up to me panting.

"Brad what did you do?"

"Beat the shit out of that kid. He had it coming. Shouldn't have fucked with my little girl." He smiled and helped me up. Bradley held my hand in his while he walked me back to where my friends were.

"Hey guys," Bradley greeted them.

"Julie what happened?" Erin rushed over and pulled me into a hug.

"Don't wanna talk about it."

"Why do you have Max's jacket Julie? Where is that fucker?" Craig laughed and I let a few more tears fall. "Jule?" Craig came over and tilted my head up towards him.

"Did Max do something?" Erin questioned.

"Everything. He took my heart and smashed it," I mumbled incoherently.

"What? Julie we can't hear you." Craig said, still looking into my eyes, searching for an answer.

"He took my heart and smashed it!" I screamed. Everyone shut up and stared at me. I broke down crying again, and Bradley wrapped his arms around me again.

"Uh, maybe we shouldn't go out. Come on Bry let's go back and beat that idiot." Bryan and Robert left.

"Oh baby," Cam cooed, stealing me away from Bradley, "It's okay. It's alright." He tried unsuccessfully to soothe me. The sobs still racked my body.

"I want to go home," I sobbed. "Don't make me see him ever again, please." I pushed my face into Cam's shoulder and cried even harder, still clutching Max's jacket in my arms.

&!

"Hello?"

"Hey Mike it's me. Julie."

"Julie!?"

"Yes dumbass. Want to get together some day?"

"Julie you know any day for you."

"Alright well. Hmm. How about tonight? Meet me at ETF's bus. I'll be outside it." It has been 3 days since I saw Max. I had no intention of bringing back his jacket. I needed some small reminder of him. It would be hard to go back there but I had to introduce Craig, Bryan, and Robert to Mike. After all, Mike loves me.

"I'll see you in 5." I could hear the excitement in his voice. He hung up and I walked outside, grabbing a hoodie off the couch.

"I'll be back in a few guys. Just going for a walk." Erin shot me a worried smile, Alli mumbled something in her sleep, and Cam just looked at me. I had a feeling he knew what I was about to do.

The summer air was too cool. I shivered and put my hoodie on, zipping it halfway. I saw a figure leaning against ETF's bus and smiled. Mike.

"Mike," I whispered. His head snapped up and he grinned, striding over to me and placing a kiss on my cheek.

"Thank you for giving me a second chance Julie." I just nodded and knocked on the bus door. The door swung open revealing a very tired looking Max. I pushed by him and sat on the couch next to Craig.

"Julie?" His mouth popped open a bit.

"Who else Craigafer?" He shook his head.

"I didn't think you'd want to see us again after, you know." He frowned and I stiffened.

"No of course I'd want to see you. I love you guys. But there is a reason I came here." I paused. Max was leaning up against the wall opposite me staring at me. I shot him a look and motioned for Mike to move over next to me more. "I want you to meet Mike. He's my, uh," I stuttered, "b-boyfriend." Max tensed and he took a step forward.

"Your boyfriend!?"
♠ ♠ ♠
)=
I needed to do something.
Julie club.