Sequel: Have Faith In Me
Status: Sequel is up.Have Faith In Me

How Quickly I Forget; That This Is Beating Less

Swimming With the Fish

Craig and I danced for about an hour. I was exhausted and really thirsty, but I kept wondering where Max had headed off to. I lost him in the crowd after I saw him dancing with some random chick. My eyes scanned the room to where I saw Bryan and Erin talking and cuddling in the corner, and Alli leaning on the railing of the deck. I pushed my way through everyone until I made it out to her and I hopped up next to her.

"Hey chica," she said.

"Wanna go for a dip?" I asked, grinning.

"Nah. Why don't you go find Max. He said he wanted to go in."

"I haven't seen him all night."

"You haven't seen who all night?" someone said with a weird tone to their voice, walking out of the shadows.

"Max."

"You've found him," he chuckled, returning to his normal voice. I slid out of my skinny's and draped them over the railing. I grabbed Max's hand and dragged him off the deck.

"Swimming?" I just nodded, and pushed him in.

"Hey! What was that for!?" he yelled, spitting out some water. I just laughed.

"I knew you didn't think I would push you in, so I did." I grinned, but then I felt cold hands wrapping around my ankles and pulling me in. I screamed. I heard a few people laughing as I came back up, glaring at Max.

"What you give is what you get." He shrugged. I just shoved his head back under, smiling innocently at Bryan and Erin who were watching now.

"Erin Leon get your skinny ass in here now!" I yelled, laughing. She just shook her head, and wrapped her arm around Bryan's waist. He grinned and leaned down to kiss the top of her head. They were so cute together. I sighed, wishing I had something like that still.

*Flashback*
"Are you coming Juliet my dear?" he called out from his car. I shook my head.

"I can't Damien. I don't want to risk it, you're drunk. Please let me drive."

"Damnit Julie. I am not drunk." And with that he sped off, leaving me stranded on a side road in the middle of a huge city. Eventually I made it home, but when I got home my parents were sitting on the couch, my mother crying and my stepdad holding her hand reassuringly.

"Mum, what's wrong?" I asked, sitting down next to her, and wrapping my arms around her.

"I'm so sorry Julie." She stroked my hair, and hugged me closer to her. "Damien was in a horrible car accident. He was pronounced dead on the scene."

"No. No I just saw him tonight, that's not true." I stood up and ran to my room, crying.

That night I lost the love of my life, and then things turned around, from having a caring family, to a broken mother and no caring stepdad.
*End Flashback*


"Julie? Are you okay?" Max said softly. I realized I was crying, and I dunked my head under to get rid of the stray tears.

"Fine," I said, resurfacing. "I need to tell you something Max." I hopped out of the pool, and Erin handed me my towel. She knew what I was going to tell him, she always did. I took Max's hand and led him into a quiet room, where we sat down and I told him my story. From beginning to end.

"He always called me Juliet, and I would call him my Romeo, even though it wasn't remotely close to his name," I ended. Max just hugged me and stroked my hair.

"Thank you Max. For listening to me and everything," I sniffled. Then I did something I knew I would regret in the morning. I tilted my head up and kissed Max.
♠ ♠ ♠
Eh.
Subscribe and Comment<3