Sequel: Have Faith In Me
Status: Sequel is up.Have Faith In Me

How Quickly I Forget; That This Is Beating Less

Does It?

Max pulled back immediately, staring at me with his mouth open and his eyes wide.

"Max I'm so-" But he made me stop by covering my mouth with his hands.

"Julie. It's fine really. Actually it's more than fine. I never thought you liked me like that." He blushed, his cheeks turning a shade of red that made him look like a little boy again. He lifted his eyes to mine, and I looked away blushing slightly.

"I didn't think you felt the same. What a cliche. It happens in all the stories and you wonder if it ever happens in real life," I murmured.

"Does it?" He held my hands between his and I could feel the intensity of his stare.

"I think it does." I laughed a bit, and smiled, looking up to see a huge grin stretching across his face. He leaned close to me and let his lips brush gently across mine. I leaned forward even more so that our lips were locked in a tight embrace.

"I think we should get back. Everyone will wonder why it's taking so long." He stretched and stood up.

&!

I sat on the couch next to Craig. He nudged my shoulder. I snapped back to reality. All I could think about was Max, and how he liked me the way I liked him. It was surreal to me.

"What's with you and Maxy boy? You can't stop staring at him, and all he does is stare right back."

"Nothing. It's just a little inside joke type of thing," I said,looking at Craig. I patted his head. "But you wouldn't know, and you probably won't know for a long time." I grinned, and stood up. "Dance with me Craigafer?" I grabbed his hand and pulled him into the center of the room. He laughed but danced with me anyways, hopefully forgetting about me and Max.

&!

By 1 AM I was totally trashed. I was exhausted, and had had one too many drinks. I made my way across the room to Max, who was talking to Craig and Robert.

"Maxy!" I squealed and squeezed him into a tight hug. "I love you." Robert and Craig laughed at my drunken state, but Max just pried my arms from around his waist. He gave me a stern look.

"How much have you had to drink tonight?"

"Nothing I swear." I laughed, then hiccuped, and laughed even harder.

"Alright. Time for Julie to go to bed." And he picked me up, throwing me over his shoulder firefighter style, and carried me to his room. I pounded my hands on his back.

"Bye Craig! Bye Robbie!" I laughed and waved. They cracked up even more. Max threw me down on his bed and smiled.

"Good night Juliet," he whispered, and left the room, closing the door behind him. I fell into a deep sleep almost immediately after he closed the door, curling up in his sheets.
♠ ♠ ♠
I was in a rush 'cause I had softball tonight, but I wanted to get it up.
I didn't spell check, comment or message if there are any errors.
Thanks^__^