Status: Complete

Perfect Denial

Illness

Dana furrowed her forehead, her perfectly shaped eyebrows coming together in a worried frown, she sighed a shaky breath “I bet they’ll hate me,” she whispered.

Bill chuckled, taking a manicured hand off the steering wheel and placing into Dana’s which lay clenched on her knee. She was moving her knees up and down in nervousness and it amused Bill. He had never seen her like this. And the cause was meeting his parents for the first time.

“They’re going to love you,” he assured her gently, “They’ve already heard how amazing you are, and now they get to see for themselves,”

Dana smiled at me, and wrapped her hand in his, kissing his palm “You’re full of it…”

Bill laughed again, placing both hands on the steering wheel again “Rest, we’ll be there soon,”

Dana closed her eyes, leaning her head against the cool window if the Audi Jeep. She sighed, as darkness swirled, and soon she was asleep.

~PxD~

Bill’s soft hand against her cheek woke Dana up. She jumped as his palm stroked her cheek and he smiled “Relax baby…we’re here”

Dana smiled slowly, excitement suddenly rushing through her, finally after all this time she would meet the woman who made Bill the wonderful person he was. The woman that inspired him, loved him, had a forefront place in his heart. His mother Simone.

She climbed out of the car slowly, cautiously and looked at the house across from the parked vehicle. It was a modern sized building, with painted white walls and netted curtains at the windows. She could see vases filled with different coloured flowers on the sills. She smiled, the splashes of colour made the exterior of the house feel warm, like a home, not just a house.

She grabbed Bill’s hand as he led her up to the front door. He chuckled again, and pressed her close so he could kiss her forehead. She felt feverish and he frowned “Don’t be scared Dana,”

He raised his hand to ring the doorbell but before he could touch it, the door had swung open. Dana looked at the woman framed in the doorway. She was tall, and slim with dark red hair that fell around her shoulders in timeless waves. Her eyes were a heart-warming brown- exactly like Bill’s.

Simone smiled at her son, before sweeping him into a warm hug, kissing his cheek and chiding him on not visiting sooner. Bill shrugged “Sorry Ma…” and then looked at Dana, tugging her forward “This is her Mom, this is my Dana,”

Dana blushed and looked sideways at Bill who was wearing a smug expression on his face. He looked as if he wanted to gather all the neighbours to show her off, to say “look at her, she’s all mine”. It made her embarrassed, and the rushing feeling of love swooped through her again for she knew she wanted to gather everyone in the world to say “Look at him…he is mine. He is my heart.”

Simone appraised Dana, her eyes boring into her and then a wide smile broke across her face “At last, I get to meet you sweetheart. Bill’s told me all about you…you’re even more beautiful in person”

Dana blushed again and cleared her throat embarrassed, but Simone had caught her in an embrace, wrapping her arms around her and pulling her into a hug. Dana froze, it was so long since she had been hugged like this…hugged by a mother. She wrapped her arms around Simone’s body, pressing her face into her shoulder. She felt safe, she felt home.

They stood for a minute, and then parted. Simone smiled and again before ushering them into the house. They stepped in, Dana observing the egg shell walls, and pictures of Tom and Bill when they were young. She smiled.

Bill looked at his mother “Where’s dad?”

Simone tutted “Oh in the game room, where else? Tom arrived earlier, he’s with him.”

Bill smiled, and then led Dana down a set of steps that seemed to go towards a basement of some kind. But as Bill opened the door at the bottom, it wasn’t a basement. It was a room fully equipped with a PS3, guitars, a drum kit and a microphone stand. Dana laughed quietly, no doubt this room had heard the very first riffs of the small band called Devilish, or maybe even further back to Black Questionmark.

There were shouts of two male voices as they lounged on the sofa by the large widescreen TV. Tom’s fingers pressed furiously against his console as he beat his father, yet again. Gordon groaned in defeat and then noticed the arrival of his youngest step-son and smiled broadly. He jumped up, clasping Bill on the shoulder and smiling kindly at Dana.

“It’s nice to meet you Dana. About time Bill brought a girl home. We were starting to get worried!”

Bill’s embarrassed moans were drowned out by Tom’s loud guffaws as he neared his brother and friend. He hugged Dana, and then cheekily whipped her close to his body so her hand broke contact with Bill’s;

“Nah Dad, Bill just couldn’t keep any ladies with me around,” he waggled his eyebrows at Dana as Gordon laughed and Bill rolled his eyes.

Dana smiled, resting her hand on Tom’s warm cheek “It’s lucky then, I’m resistant to your charm..” and walked back to Bill.

Tom’s shocked expression wore off and he waved his hand at Bill, “Go on little brother, I’ll let you have her”

Bill punched Tom on the arm playfully, who then proceeded to catch Bill’s perfect head into a headlock. Dana rolled her eyes, her shoulders moving in quiet laughter. She was all too used to the boy’s antics, being locked up with them in Cherrytree studios and concert dressing rooms too much.

Gordon took Dana’s elbow, sterring her away from the boy’s wrestling on the floor with loud playful shouts. He sighed “Boys will be boy I suppose”

Dana smiled “You’re not going to break them apart?”

Gordon chuckled “No, I prefer to let them settle it between them, or else they get tired and eventually stop…now let’s go upstairs, I think Simone’s calling us for dinner.”

Dana thought it was amazing how the twins suddenly separated, springing up in unison at the word ‘dinner’.

Tom and Gordon went up the stairs, disappearing but Bill held Dana back, wrapping her in his arms “They love you already,” he whispered to her, his hands moving through her hair softly.

She shivered in his embrace, the need for him arising “I hope so..”, she murmured, pressing her lips gently onto Bill’s.

Their embrace was tender, after all they were in his parents house. Bill led Dana up the stairs again, they started to walk towards the kitchen;

“Mom made her favourite Dana, spaghetti”, Bill told her as the delicious scent wafted towards them.

Rolls of nausea suddenly rolled through Dana and she stopped, the waves of sickness she had been fighting all day, thinking as nervousness, finally catching up to her.

Bill looked at her, his expression worried “What is it? Dana, you’ve gone green!”

Dana shook her head, not rusting herself to speak and Bill pushed her towards the bathroom. He stroked her back, holding her hair as she threw up into the toilet. Tiredness suddenly consumed her and she slumped against the wall.

Bill pushed her hair back from her hot face anxiously “Do you need to go to the doctor”,

Dana shook her head “No…Bill I can’t be sick, I’ve got concerts all next week. I can’t cancel”,

Bill hugged her, reassuring her that everything would be fine but Dana stayed worried. She just couldn’t afford to be ill right now.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image
This chapter sucks but the next chapter has some excitement :)
click here and here