Status: Complete

Perfect Denial

Don't Let Go

Tom scratched himself sleepily as he wandered into Bills suite in search for a few bottles of Coca-Cola. At times like this, as in when Tom’s supply of the soda was low, he was grateful that his twin favoured bottled water over the fizzy pop.

He stuck his head into the small mini fridge and smiled delighted at the discovery of four bottles of his favourite beverage.

He turned around, juggling the bottles in one hand while closing the fridge door with the other.

He jumped and swore loudly as he noticed the figure sitting at the window. At first he thought it must be Bill, but they turned and the night moon illuminated the pretty face of Dana and the tears that ran swiftly down her cheeks.

Dana sniffed and smiled weakly
“Hey Tom”

Tom smiled and gave a little wave but couldn’t help rake his eyes down her figure, lingering on her long, tanned legs and then her t-shirt which he recognised as Bills.
He chuckled inwardly and cheered silently for Bill, knowing how much his baby brother loved Dana, and now he had finally gotten her.

Dana averted her gaze as she felt Tom run his eyes over her exposed body and she knew he couldn’t help it. After all, it was Tom but she was uncomfortable with him seeing her so bare and … torn apart was the only way she could describe it.

She found it strange that as she had bonded with all the boys, forming strong friendships with both Georg and Gustav, the person she had least connected with was the person whose approval she sought for most. Bills only brother. His other half. Tom.

Tom just looked at the girl and though uncomfortable with her feminine form which was forbidden to him and her tears which were confusing, he knew he had to help.

He sat down on the chair beside the wide window sill which was Danas perch and watched her a moment before asking softly;
“What’s wrong?”

Dana was surprised at the gentleness in Tom’s voice, remembering the brute force he had used against her earlier in protection of Bill.
She found herself wanting to open up to him. To just cry and want him to hold her, to tell her it would be okay and to advise her as a friend would.

“I..d..don’t know” she whispered, hugging her arms around her body and slightly rocking back and forth .
She sat up quickly and grabbed Tom suddenly, he jumped in surprise at the wild, almost frantic look in her blue eyes.
“Do you think I’m a bad person Tom” she half asked/ half sobbed

Tom didn’t know what to say, just shuffled in his seat
“What do you mean Dana?” he asked

Dana threw her arms in the air
“I mean that I’m in love with your brother. Completely and utterly in love yet I’ve a boyfriend. A serious boyfriend who until two months ago I was pretty sure I’d spend the rest of my life with…and whom I’ve now cheated on…”

She started to cry again and Tom quickly got up and hugged her, letting his coke bottles drop to the floor.
“I’m a disgusting person. A horrible, ugly, selfish woman” she cried under his arms.

Tom pulled back, looking into Danas eyes with such ferocity she almost shrank back from his gaze
“Don’t say that Dana! Never say that! Look at me!”

Dana stared at Tom who softened his eyes and continued
“You’re beautiful Dana. Not just in body but in spirit. You are one of the nicest, kindest, sweetest people I’ve ever met. And Bill is one of the luckiest guys in the world to have you. And you will not find anyone better than him Dana. You hear me? It’s just unfortunate you happened to be with Aaron when you met, that’s all…tell me Dana, Tell me you love Bill…”

“I love him” she whispered “With all my heart”

“Well then, don’t let go”

Tom smiled at Dana, and brushed her hair off her face, kissing her softly on the forehead before picking up his coke and walking back to his room. Dana watched him and before he closed his doors she spoke softly
“Thank you Tomi”

Tom smiled “No problem”

Dana watched him close the door and then wiping her tears away, padded softly into Bills bedroom where he still lay, sound asleep.

Quietly she tiptoed to the bed, before getting in and resting her head lightly on Bills bare chest, where she could hear his heart beat in sync with her own.

Tom had told her not let go

She wasn’t planning to.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image