My Knight in Shining...Ah, Screw It. He's an Egotistical Asshole.

(11) My Knight and Shining...ah, screw it. He's a

.-11-.

I approached the red car, and the figure in front of it with caution.

I tried my best to put on a cold demeanor, and not a helpless puppy-dog face.

"What are you doing? Don't you know you're going to be late for school?" I spat.

"Not to mention, that it's raining?"

Jacob smiled, and began taking steps to close the space between us. I shifted uneasy. It was just the way..he was looking at me. Almost as if I were transparent and he could see all the emotions bottled inside me, apart from the cold, and angry one I was trying to show. He was doing that thing again, reading me. I felt so weak, and vulnerable under his stare. Shocked that just by him looking at me, would turn every nerve ending on alert.

"First, I should ask you that, and second- I've got a car, you're the one stuck in the rain, love."

"Well, I uh." My heart accelerated, and I was unsure of whether it was his gaining distance towards me, or that I didn't have an intelligent answer to his smart remark.

"I was going to handle that situation just fine. Besides, I like that rain, did that ever occur to you?" I said, looking to my right, keeping contact away from him.

"Hm. It did...it did, until I saw you with your head down, sitting on the wet pavement."

"'Cause last time I checked princess, it meant you needed saving." He breathed, and I almost jumped back at his sudden advance I hadn't noticed. He was closer than I thought. So close, in fact that his breath tickled my face. I inhaled deeply, without letting him know I did. His breath was a sweet, warm minty smell. It comforted me. The only other breath I've smelt from a man was my dad's before he would spit on me, and that always smelt like old beer, and cheese. Not appealing like sweet...warm...minty.

AH! I jumped back, screams echoing in my head. I was thinking not-mean thoughts about my enemy! Was i freaking crazy??

"Well, last time I checked, princess need saving by knights, not by men that beat up their friends." I spat, and at once I knew I hit a nerve. Bringing up the memory of yesterday upon him, that I assume he tried to forget.

Pain shifted in his features, and his eyes became cold again, I hadn't noticed that they had become soft, and inviting. Almost humorous. I felt kind of bad, for saying something to turn him into the mean Jacob Naughtingham again.

"Look, do you need a ride to school. Or not?" He shot, glaring his eyes under his brows.

"Fine." I only had agreed because I was scared to move again, and even though I hated Jacob Naughtingham. I could tell my mom liked it here, just by the way she would smile when she came home from work. She never use to do that at home. I could do this for my mom, I knew I could.

"A little faster" Came on by There for Tomorrow in the speakers as I sat down. I was stunned by the neatness, and well-kept shape of the car. Being rich, and snobby, I would have thought that his car was dirty as all get out, and smelt bad. I sighed heavenly had his whole car smelled like mint and axe. The same smell as Jacob. Not that I liked Jacob, just that I liked his smell.

"I love this song." I said as he started up the engine.

"Yea, I do too. I have the whole album in the car if you want me to play it?" He asked, keeping his eyes on the road. I was still getting over my shock of the car, and the fact that he followed the speed limit.

"Um, sure. I don't think I've heard it yet." I admitted. Noticing that, that was one sentence I didn't Ostracize him, or say a extremely rude comment. I had to hold back shivers of uncomfortablility(i know that's not a word). Being nice to him, would definitely take some getting use to. That was FOR SURE.

****

JACOB'S POV.

I woke up cranky. I had gotten yelled at to the core, because of what I had done to Max. My parents couldn't understand why I had punched him, and I wasn't sure if he knew either. I think he was catching on that I liked Toby, and quite frankly I don't think he was happy about it. I mean, he did talk to her first, but my eyes were the first male eyes to lay on her out of the two of us. That was for certain.

I even, honestly don't know what had gotten into me. Usually after seeing Max and Toby smile at eachother, I would just get mad and come home and work out or something, to blow off steam. But after I had said that Jerky thing to her in the library. I knew she was keeping something from me, and instead I insulted her. HOW STUPID OF ME. That was deff. not the way to win the girl Jacob.

I sighed. But when I saw her hug him, my heart broke a little. The way he was looking at her, the way his hand touched her soft cheek. The same cheek I always dreamed of being able to touch, jealousy rose in me, and without even thinking, my testosterone took control, and I punched him, square in the nose.

This will probably cause a lot of conflict at school. My friends are going to wonder, why I freaked out, and why I even cared about Toby. She seemed odd to them, but they didn't really matter. I wasn't myself around them. I knew though, if i was going to win her over. I would need to be nice. I couldn't be mean anymore. Not at all.

I hopped in my car, and started the engine. I saw Max yelling at the bus driver with a cast on his nose and I laughed. He was looking around the street. Looking for something, but I didn't know what. Finally, he got on the bust and left. I started my engine, and drove behind the bus. I played my playlist of a bunch my favorite bands. It started off with a couple of Escape the Fate songs, There for tomorrow, sparks to the rescue, mayday parade, all time low, and more. I was glad I looked in my rear-view mirror, because there, sitting on the pavement was Toby. The girl that haunted my dreams. Against my will, she was the one I wanted to be mine. I slammed on brakes suddenly, and did a 180 turn, heading towards her wet figure.

She didn't see, or hear me at first, I just parked the car, and stood by the car, watching her. She looked like she had the weight of the world on her shoulders, and it took almost all of me not to go comfort her, and wrap my protective, muscular arms around her. To let her know that I would help her get through it all. She didn't respond until I turned up my music. Then her head shot up, and her eyes went wide as she saw me standing her. Her brows furrowed in thought. Her eyes looked very vulnerable and I could tell I was right on target when I had said she needed my help. She looked like a scared little puppy that no one wanted. Even if I was a willing buyer.

I smiled a smug looking smile, and she got up and approached me, trying to look tough. It almost made me laugh. Never did her tough fiasco convince me. She just simply looked adorable.

"What are you doing here, don't you know you're going to be late for school?" She shot at me. I laughed, and wanted to touch her cheek, and see the familiar pink rise in them. She obviously didn't know how appealing she looked mad. It was actually kinda hot.... especailly with her sexy wet hair, and damp clothes. Her jeans looked kind of tight on her, and made her curves stand out. I shook my head, not wanting her to notice my examination of her body.

"Not to mention it's raining." She said again, and approached her. Feeling my will to hold myself back break a little. She looked suddenly uneasy, and I would have stopped dead in my tracks, if it wasn't for the fact that her cheeks turned a little pink. She wanted me to advance. I smiled in satisfaction.

"First, I should ask you that, and second- I've got a car, you're the one stuck in the rain, love." I said, and she looked somewhat taken aback. I could see her mind working up a brave, and tough excuse. Never did I slow my advance towards her either.

"I was going to handle that situation just fine. Besides, I like that rain, did that ever occur to you?"

In fact it had crossed my mind. But you couldn't believe that when you looked in her eyes and saw the stress, and sadness of them. Bearing troubles of what looked like mulitple years.

She avoided my eyes, and looked to her right. I took this as a chance to step closer, so I did, till I was barely hovering over her lips, and nose.

"Hm. It did...it did, until I saw you with your head down, sitting on the wet pavement."

"'Cause last time I checked princess, it meant you needed saving." I whispered kind of seductively. I had to of had her now, no girl I knew could resist that. She paused, taking a deep breath..almost leaning towards me. I was more than ready to embrace her if she wanted me to, but she didn't, she suddenly shot back. Battling herself not to. I was very upset. I had tried so hard to get her to fall, and she was immune to it.

Her next words proved my point. "Well, last time I checked, princess need saving by knights, not by men that beat up their friends."

I knew she was mad that I hit Max, and knowing that she cared more for his safety than my own pained me in ways I couldn't describe. I'd have to wait for her love. She wouldn't in no way fall as fast as I had. I knew that now, even if it did make me sad. I got mad at myself, and returned to the normal Jacob we both new.

"Look, do you need a ride to school? Or not?" I asked motioning to my car, she looked upset about something, and I suddenly felt bad. I shouldn't have been mean. But it's not like I can control my feelings. I might as well just not talk much.

"Fine." She said, still battling herself, and walked passed me to the car. I followed her, and stepped in the drivers seat. I turned down the volume a little, not wanting to her hurt ears. She seemed to like the song.

"I love this song." She said, smiling. Her smile knocked the wind out of me. She hardly ever smiled around me. I was actually, kind of surprised she liked the same music as me. I always thought she'd be more of a country,or pop person. Kind of like Max. I smiled inwardly. Well, at least I had something to work with now. We had the same taste in music.

Then I told her how I had the whole album, and she said she hadn't heard it yet. Actually sounding herself, very sincere. It was something she never was around me, you know. Herself.

I liked it. I liked it a lot. In fact, I mainly just liked her a lot. I smiled and drove off towards the school grounds.

A part of me was excited to see the look on Max's face when Toby stepped out of my car. But for the most part, I was enjoying the time I had with her.

****** (:

sorry, I didn't update yesterday guyyss. My dad was kinda in a bad mood. I was suffocating in chores. haha.

Alright, Rate, Comment, Message, BANNERS!? :)

yea, you're right... I can only dream. =/
♠ ♠ ♠
*I'd like to let everyone know, that there is a PLAYLIST now in my stories, at the top left-hand corner (take a looksie!") :]] alright, It's in order of all the songs I've mentioned in the story so far, like this:
1) Jamie All Over- Mayday Parade
2) Hey Brittany- Forever The Sickest Kids
3) My Apocalypse- Escape The Fate
4) A Little Faster- There For Tomorrow

^_^ Soooo, check em out! Oh, and if you don't like a song, or get bored you can hit the arrows to the left or right of the song on the playlist and change it. THANKS!

~Hales.