My Knight in Shining...Ah, Screw It. He's an Egotistical Asshole.

(19) My Knight and Shining...ah, screw it. He's a

Jacob’s POV.

The party seemed to have been a success. I saw familiar faces hitting it off. I hadn’t seen Toby yet. I had to immediately take a cold shower after I saw her in that towel. Damn. I’ve screwed a lot of girls, but never did their body’s look as perfect as hers. She had the perfect sized everything, well that’s what it looked like. I would have gotten a better look if she had just removed the… AGH! I need to stop talking about it- well thinking about it, or else I’ll have to ditch my own party and take ANOTHER shower.
I saw Max in the kitchen. He looked kind of upset.

“What’s up with you?” Max tensed at the sound of my voice.

“Nothing. Toby just said she’d save me a dance.” He smirked, standing up and facing me, cockily. To think… people thought I was the cocky one?

“Well. What song are you going to play?” I asked, loosening the tie around my neck. Thinking about Toby in his arms made breathing seem harder all of a sudden.

“Probably something like Jonas Brothers song, girls are completely in love with them you know,” I laughed, actually feeling sorry for my cousin. He was the one that told me that Toby liked Mayday Parade. I had called a certain DJ that had the kind of music both of us liked. I was kind of hoping that she would save me a dance too… but at the end of the night when everyone leaves, her and me would dance to some REAL music. Our own music…

“Yeah, you do that.” Max’s smirked widened at my signal of defeat. I’d like to see how that works out for him.

I entered the dance room to see people grinding. I always use to grind with everyone. But now I found it rather disgusting because I was a one-woman man. A couple of girls saw my and started to approach me. Here at school, I was known as one of the view good dancers. Maybe even best; I didn’t really pay attention to the gossip about me anymore. It’s like Toby changed me completely. Everyone could vanish from the face of the Earth, but if she were still here, I probably wouldn’t even notice. One of Bridgette’s friends approached me. I don’t remember her name though.

“You like owe Bridgette a dance, like rememmbaarrr?” She said in a high-pitched voice.

“Since when did that happen?” I spat.

She frowned. “Well like, I don’t know, like, don’t you guys like, always dance together at your annual dance?” She asked, smacking the gum she was chewing.

“No. Not always.” I said, trying to think of a distraction.

“Oh my god, like there’s likes a really hot guy!” I faked a girly voice, and pointed to the door.

“REALLY!?” She shrieked, flipping her fake hair around to face the door. I bolted to the corner of the room. I backed up and sighed deeply, no sign of Bridgette yet. Then something poofy ramped into me.
“Ouch.” I said, rubbing my elbow. It hit my funny bone.

I turned to view who it was as she spoke, melodically. “S-sorry.” She paused, eyes widening when she recognized me. My breathing didn’t just stop, it was ripped out of my lungs. She was completely, and utterly breathtaking, literally. I couldn’t breathe. The dress Blaire had bought her fit her like it was poured onto her. You good see the perfect amount of cleavage coming out of it. Not too slutty, but enough to look extremely hot. The heels highlighted her legs well. I looked at her face, and could barely recognize her. The dark makeup made the deep brown in her eyes even darker. Her hair looked really nice too, but her eyes. I stared into them, not caring if she felt uncomfortable I was too lost in them to turn back and play off my awkward staring coolly.
I could feel my pulse in my ears. She smelled really good, like flowers and perfume. Something completely intoxicating, as I looked into her eyes, they stared straight back. They became big, vulnerable. She looked scared, and in that moment. I don’t think she’s ever looked more beautiful. I wanted to wrap her into me when she looked scared. Terribly scared. Was she scared that she could be feeling the same way as me? Or was there something else? Her expression mirrored mine though, like she was just as incapable of speech right now as I was. She leaned forward, and I hadn’t realized that I had leaned down as well. I looked at her lips, wanting nothing more than to know how she tasted. But I didn’t want to push anything. She wasn’t a one-time thing. I wanted our first kiss to be memorable. Plus, what if she didn’t feel the same way?

I had to find out. It would kill me if I didn’t. This was a perfect time to request the song. I passed Max on the way over there.

“You requesting the song?” I asked.

“Not yet.” He glared.

“Well, in the mean time. I’m going to request one of her ACTUAL favorite songs.” I laughed. I wasn’t really jealous anymore. In that moment with Toby, so much was shared in the silence. I don’t think she felt that way with Max. I approached the DJ and requested the song “Miserable At Best” by Mayday Parade.
I turned around to see Max gone. Hmm, where had he gone?

“JAKEYY! I’ve been looking for you, silly!” An annoying voice said next to me as Toby’s song started to play.

“Huh?” I looked to my right to see Bridgette, and before I could protest, she was dragging me towards the dance floor.

“Bridgette I-.” I began to say, but she put her finger over my lips, and tried to look seductive.

“Sh. Don’t speak Jakey, I feel the same way.” She winked. Wow, I think I just threw up a little in my mouth.

She linked her arms around my neck, and I strained to free myself, as her nails dug into the back of my neck. Yep. I could taste the throw up now. She frowned.

Then grabbed my arms and snaked them around her waist. Now I just wanted this song to be over. Maybe I’d play a There For Tomorrow song, and Toby and I could dance to that.

I wanted to smile at the thought of my arms where they belong, around Toby. But I didn’t want Bridgette to get the wrong picture.

I almost chocked on my own thoughts as I saw what was before me. Max and Toby…were dancing. He had his filthy hands on my girl. My grip tightened on Bridgette, and she squealed, pushing her bosoms towards me. I let go, not liking the sight. I wonder what would happen if Toby did that… AUGH! IM GOING TO KILL THAT BOY! I glared menacingly at him. Then my eyes locked onto hers, and my heart melted. My face softened instantly as Bridgette layed her head on my shoulder, and griped tighter around my neck.

The song progressed and this one verse seemed to ring in my ears. It rang the truth of the situation.

Let's not pretend like you're alone tonight
(I know he's there)
You're probably hanging out and making eyes
(while across the room, he stares)
I bet he gets the nerve to walk the floor
And ask my girl to dance, and she'll say yes

The words kept ringing, making knots form in my stomach.

“This is how it was always meant to be.” She sighed. But she was barely audible in my ears. Toby looked at me longingly. I new I probably read the same. If only Max and Bridgette would trade with us, then my sour mood would get better. I saw Toby’s eyes rim with water. I swore I heard my heart break. She was crying… and she needed me more than ever. I saw her turn her gaze away from me. NO! Was she mad at me now? I let go of Bridgette, not caring about my reputation or about hurting her feelings.

“NO! WHERE ARE YOU GOING!” She asked walking after me.

“YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS, YOU DON’T LIKE HER OVER ME DO YOU!?” She shrieked, and it hurt my ears. At that moment Max looked over at me and winked. Then… what was he doing? Was he leaning down? I stopped in my tracks. He was NOT going to kiss her. Before I could react I felt wet, slimy lips come in contact with mine. Bridgette… her hands clamped my face and she deepened into the kiss. Her nails were probably making me bleed at the rate I was trying to get away. What if I couldn’t stop Max from kissing her? Or worse… what if Toby saw?
I grabbed Bridgette’s hands and tore them off of my face, and jumped backwards.

“WHAT THE HELL!?” I yelled at her.

“WELL I HAD TO DO SOMETHING JACOB!” She frowned, fixing her hair, and wiping smeared lip-gloss off her face.

I was fuming now. I turned back around to see Max shaking his head and murmuring to himself. But Toby wasn’t in sight. Had they already kissed? I stormed over to him and grabbed him by the collar. Cousin or not, I can’t take this anymore.

“DID YOU FUCKING KISS HER!!!??” I screamed in his face, pushing him through the crowd. Many people had stopped dancing and turned to look at us.

More people moved out of the way before I slammed him against the wall. His head hit hard and he winced.
“No. She ran out crying, and I didn’t even do anything idiot!” Max yelled back, rubbing his head. I wanted to smack myself. I made her cry. What could be worse? Killing someone? No… that’d be less worse. I groaned. Where had she gone?

I roamed down stairs and I couldn’t find her anywhere. Max ran up to me, and I had to look at the floor to not punch him square in the Jaw.

“Did you find her? I checked everywhere and I can’t.” Max whined.

“No. I didn’t.” I breathed.

“I… I can’t help but to feel like this is my fault…” I said, banging my head up against the nearest wall. It was my own party, and I felt miserable.

Max laughed. “Maybe because it is.”

“You know what!” I growled, with the last strand of my patience being picked. I couldn’t even stand it. I had to blow. So I turned around and pushed Max so hard, he fell to the ground.

“WELL MAYBE IF YOU DIDN’T TRY TO MAKE OUT WITH HER, SHE WOULDN’T HAVE RUN EITHER!” I yelled and you could hear me over everyone. It went quiet for a moment, but then the people around us slowly started to talk again. Max just looked up at me with wide eyes, then he glared.

“Well you’re a cocky asshole, ever think she doesn’t like-.” Max began as he got up from the floor, but I interrupted.

“I bet you haven’t even kissed a girl you-.” I yelled over him.

“Oh yea, you don’t even care about anything but what’s under her clothe-.”

“You didn’t even know her favorite band!” . “I hate you too!!”

“GUYS!” We both shut up, and turned to Adam.

“WHAT!?” We both yelled.

“You want to chill? If you’re looking for Toby, arguing won’t help you!” Adam told us. We both sighed.

“You’re right.” I said gazing at my feet. There was a piece of paper on the floor next to Max’s foot.

“Did you drop something?” I asked looking at it. It looked folded, that’s the only reason I asked. It looked like someone folded it on purpose.

“Oh. Yeah that’s just the paper…. FUCK!” Max yelled.

“WHAT?” What was fuck?

“Toby was telling me earlier when we were eating apples, about this note.” He said picking it up and giving it to me.

“I told her not to be alone tonight, because something bad could happen.” He continued as I opened it.

“Can’t wait to see you tonight, love. Your surprise will be life changing.”

It read. I swear if something happened to her…it would not be good.

“Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. I told myself I wouldn’t let anything happen to her.” Max was saying pacing back and forth in front of us.

“Shit.” I breathed.

“Let me see it.” Adam said. I handed the crumbled piece of paper to him.

“You know this is all your fault!” I roared at Max.

“MY FAULT!? YOU MADE HER RUN OFF-“

“You’re jealousy got to ever-“

“IF YOU WOLD JUST LET US-” We were at it again.

“GUYS!” Adam yelled at us once again.

“I know whose handwriting this is!!” Max and I froze.

“WHO?” We shouted in sync.

“Cody Laurent.” He said.

“He’s a major creep. Toby told me about a time that he had liked petted her hair, and like smelled her.” He said calmly.

But calm is something I wasn’t. I knew Cody since freshman year, and he was already a pervert then, but boys don’t do that unless they’re a stalker, and he was invited. I knew he wouldn’t stop until he had her alone. Damnit, if I had known, I wouldn’t have invited him.

“WHY DIDN’T YOU TELL ME THIS!?” I roared at Adam, he stepped back astounded. I’ve never yelled at anyone besides Max.

“YEA MAN! SHE COULD BE IN SERIOUS DANGER!” Max said beside me.

“hahaha. WHOO! I haven’t danced like that in forever!” Blaire giggled coming in from the dance floor.

“BLAIRE! Blaire.” I shook her.

“What? What?” She asked.

“Have you seen Cody or Toby?” Max interrupted.

“Uh, yeah. I saw Cody go up the stairs. Why?”

I felt the lump for in my throat. If he laid one hand on Toby he was dead. God, if anything ever happened to her, I would blame myself.

Both Max and I ran to the front entrance. I paused at the foot of the stairs.

“Dude. That’s my Nickelback CD. I didn’t leave that on before the party.”

I could hear Animals playing upstairs. It was a pervocative song…

WHY THE NERVE OF HIM. I ran up the stairs without a second thought.

Someone was going to die tonight.
♠ ♠ ♠
PLEASEEEE tell your friends, & rate. & comment.

just basically make my life. :))

!!! PS: miserable at best is in the playlist at the top left hand corner. Just keep skipping till you find it.