My Knight in Shining...Ah, Screw It. He's an Egotistical Asshole.

(22) My Knight and Shining...ah, screw it. He's a

Chapter 22: A slumber fit for kings.

Jacob’s POV.

I never thought something that hadn’t of happened to me, could hurt me just as bad as if it did. What Cody did to Toby tore me up inside. To see her spunky, rhetorical attitude be swept from under her, and replaced by someone so fragile, well let’s just say that it should be a crime. Hell, it should be illegal. I couldn’t help but to further blame myself. I should have checked my room. I knew deep down inside people would ignore the sign, but the thought didn’t even come across my mind. And because it hadn’t, Toby had been almost raped. If I had just taken time and thoroughly think through things, I would have saved Toby before he even got a chance to look at her naked.

A new fury rose in me at the thought of Cody seeing Toby naked. Only my eyes were allowed to do that for as long as I’m concerned. I would respect her molded perfection of a body, and not treat it like meat in a butcher shop. I wouldn’t pressure her to show me either, I would do what she felt was right, but let her know that her perfections only made me feel more in love. That her nakedness wouldn’t turn me off at all.

I sighed, but what was done, was done. I was just going to make sure that I did think through thoroughly next time, so that something as horrid as tonight, will never happen to Toby again. She wouldn’t shed one single tear if I had anything to do about it.

I looked through the door crack across the hall, which led to my bedroom. I could see Toby’s dress lying on the floor.

Maybe I should return that…well, I’ll ask. If it brings back too many memories for her, I’ll burn it and buy her a new dress. I thought.

I creaked open my door and retrieved the dress, pivoting and heading back across the hall to Toby and Blaire’s room. I knocked quietly on their door.

It creaked open.

“Hi.” Blaire answered it. My heart fell, I was hoping for another chance to talk to Toby.

“Hi. Do you think you could return Toby’s dress to her? It might have rips in it, but I promise I’ll get those fixed.” I stated, and Blaire rolled her eyes.

“Your so nice to her, what makes her different from the rest?” She asked, now coming further out into the hallway, to try and prevent from waking a sleeping Toby. I barely caught a glimpse of the beautiful girl with Black hair lying in the bed when the door opened and closed. Her chest was heaving up and down rhythmically, making her look like an innocent angel.

“She’s just…” I hesitated. Would Blaire disapprove of me liking her best friend? “She’s perfect in my eyes, Blaire.” I admitted.

She gasped. “I KNEW IT!” She whisper-screamed.

“It was so obvious that you liked her…” She trailed off, smiling.

“THIS IS SO CUTE!” She squealed silently.

“I don’t know if she likes you, but I’m sure she cares about you a lot too. I mean she called you Jake.” She said.

“Yeah, she did, didn’t she?” I said, smiling like a fool. The way her words said my name made me swoon. It wasn’t high-pitched and possessive like when Bridgette said ‘Jakey’. It was smooth, and hinted playfulness in it. From now on, because I liked the way she said it so much… only she could call me Jake. It would only feel right that way.

“Geeze, you are in love.” Blaire rolled her eyes, and I blushed. I was hoping to not be the obvious type of lovesick puppy, whom you read in storybooks.

“Goodnight, Jacob.” She finally said, re-entering her and Toby’s room. I nodded in reply.

“Goodnight.” I said, still smiling childishly as I laid myself down on the floor outside of their door.

I faced the ceiling, going over all the details of Toby’s face. Her shiny hair that ever so often would catch perfectly under the light. The depth, and freedom in her eyes. They way her cheeks puffed up when she smiled, or the way she simply carried herself; intelligent and strong. Or maybe it was the way she could often look weak, and helpless at the sight of me. Both of those sides of her were complete perfection to me. Everything about her was perfection. I closed my eyes in content, once I had neatly drawn out Toby’s face in my head. Falling asleep to the image.

I was almost asleep, nuzzling into the pillow supporting my head, when I heard it.

I muffled, but blood-curling scream come from inside the room. I shot up immediately. Cody wasn’t taking her again.

Without knocking, I busted into their room.

Blaire was sitting up trying to shake Toby awake. I looked around but no one else was in the room. They were the only ones moving around.

Blaire looked up at me fearfully.

“What’s wrong with her??” I demanded.

Toby was wet from head to toe, sweating through every pore. Her hair was sticking to her sculpted face, and she was shaking uncontrollably. She tossed and turned moaning painfully to herself. The second cry she yelled out felt like a blow in the chest. She was in pain again, after I swore myself she wouldn’t be ever again. Without even thinking of how I must have looked, I ran up to her side.

“I DON’T KNOW! SHE KEEPS SCREAMING BLOODY MURDER AND SHAKING. SHE WON’T WAKE UP.” Blaire said on the verge of tears. She hated seeing Toby like that as much as I did.

“I think she’s having a nightmare.”

“Yea. I expected that. No one walks away from what she went through without one of those.” I told her, grabbing Toby’s shaking arms.

“I’ve whispered to her watch.” Blaire said, as she cuddled up to Toby and began saying sweet, friendly things to her.

“Toby. Wakeup, your safe. Your with me Toby, you know, Blaire? Your best friend? It’s ok. No one’s hurting you. It’s ok. Breathe.” But it only had a tiny affect. Toby was still shaking and sweating, and tossing and turning. The only thing that stopped was her agonizing moaning. As if something or someone were hurting her, and badly; I soon acted again, without even thinking.

I scooped her wet, trembling body into my arms protectively, and squeezed her to my chest. My muscles locked in place, tight- but not too tight, in a way that would hurt her. I softly brushed the hair out of her face. I kissed her forehead and tried to calm her.

“Toby, it’s me. Jake. I’m not going to let anything hurt you ever again. That’s a promise on my life. Whoever is hurting you, will be a dead man once I’m through with them.” I stopped, as her quivering subsided, and her fast breathing went shallow.

“It worked.” Blaire stated. I felt my muscles go loose with relief. It was agonizing watching her squirm in pain before me, when I didn’t know what was wrong.

“So it did.” I replied, placing Toby back on the bed. But as soon as I let go, she started to shiver, and pitch in the sheets. Blaire’s eyes bulged out, and my heartbeat picked up again. I immediately engulfed her into my grasp again, and as soon as I did, her shaking stopped. I looked at Blaire quizzically.

She just smiled. “Looks like you’re the only one that can calm her.”

My eyes widened a little at the realization. Blaire was right; she only remained calm with me. I’d stay here all night if it meant she would feel better.

“So what happens now?” I asked Blaire, watching Toby’s breathing even out steadily. Rhythmically, like it had been before.

“Now…” She paused. “Toby goes and sleeps with you, in your room.” She stated, fixing the sheets to sit back, properly on the bed because Toby had kicked them off.
I looked at her with a ‘are-you-kidding-me’ look. I mean I didn’t mind. I had actually dreamed of her sleeping beside me before, but I didn’t want Blaire thinking I would harm her.

“I know you wouldn’t try anything to hurt her. You care too much about her. Now go, we all need our sleep.” She said, shooing me out of the room, while smiling up at her peaceful best friend. I debated what she said, and nodded.

I came out of the guest bedroom, and entered my bedroom. I gently sat Toby on the bed. Her eyes brows furrowed and her lip quivered violently before she started moaning and shaking again. I hurriedly ran out of the room to retrieve my blanket and pillow. I came back and put the pillow down, and wrapped a shivering Toby in the blanket. Her head was rested on my other pillow.

I then, slipped my arm around her waist and scooped her in to me. Her trembling subsided some, as I clutched on to her, smelling the flowery scent of her hair. I smiled down at her.

“You have my word, Toby Montgomery… that nothing will hurt you ever again.” I said, laying on my own pillow and slowly welcoming the best sleep I have ever gotten.
♠ ♠ ♠
thanks you guys for commenting, rating, etc.

Keep them comments a cominn!