My Knight in Shining...Ah, Screw It. He's an Egotistical Asshole.

(6) My Knight and Shinging...ah, screw it. He's a

He sat back down, and stupid blondie started clinging to him. He tensed a little, and leaned closer to the boy with black hair, but didn't force her off.

"Alright. I'll hand you out books, and we'll read from the monologue. Reciting Romeo and Juliet." The teacher, Mr. Monotrodishiake, or Mr. M said.

He grabbed a handful of books from a chest, and started giving it to each student in the class.

"Now I would like you to flip to page 137." The class followed suit.

"Now I need one boy and one girl to come up. Lets see..." He paused. "Mr. Naughtingham, I would like you to help out our new student." I yawned, not really caring and blondie scoffed. My face twisted in horror as I understood what he said. I sunk down into my seat, hoping and praying he didn't mean new kid- as in me.

"Tabitha?" He smiled innocently. Yea I bet you'd smile. Seeing you don't have to go "pretend-like" rich boy, cocky pants."

I groaned loudly.

Then sighed. "It's Toby." I shot, before snatching my book up and climbing on stage. Stupid boys. Mr. Charming over there was smiling away. Looking as smug as possible. I just couldn't help myself but to want to smack that smile right from his red-tinted lips.

"What's wrong newbie, you scared?" I shot a glare at him.

"No, Jacob. I'd just rather not waist my time with people like you." He looked taken aback. He blinked several times, and his face contorted into anger.

"Don't do that, you look uglier when you're angry." I spatted viciously.

"Alright. Read from the top kids!" Then the horror played out before us.

"Romeo, Oh Romeo, where are thou Romeo?" I said dramatically, longing and sadness dripping from the words I said, and I knew at once, I had the class intrigued. Of course I would be acting. You had to act like you were fine, if you didn't want child support becoming suspicious.

Jacob followed my lead, looking longingly at me, reciting his lines. He was doing much better than he was before. Almost like the feelings were actually there. I had to breathe deep to keep from becoming sick. I DID NOT WANT HIS FEELINGS TO BE REAL!

Once we were done, he stared at me, but I turned towards the teacher.

He was applauding wildly, as was the class.

"Looks like Tabitha didn't need your help, Mr. Naughtingham." I turned around, and shot a smirk in Romeo's way.

The rest of the class was volunteer. So of course, I didn't go again. Blondie, who I learned was Bridgette, tried to do the part I did with Jacob, and failed miserably. The whole class had to hold in their laughter. She clung to Jacob like a tick, and Jacob looked annoyed. Not to mention, that clinging to Romeo, wasn't in the play. I found myself wake up to someone poking my shoulder. I jumped slightly, and turned towards the isle. Max was standing there, smiling at me.

"Oh, hey." I said, returning the smile.

"Come on sleepy head, we'll be late to class." He said, tugging on my arm. I got up, gathered my things, and walked to third period with Max.

I smiled, once we entered. Blaire was sitting there, motioning for me and Max to come sit by her.

"Hey." I smiled as we took our seats.

"Hey chicka. Remember, you have any questions, just ask me."

"Alright, will do." I said, grabbing out my binder and setting it on my desk. The desks were split so that there were four rows of three on the left side of the classroom, and four rows of six on the right. We sat on the left, and Blaire sat nearest the wall, me in the middle, and Max in the isle seat. I yawned, tired as the bell began to ring. Then, just in my luck Romeo walked in.

He didn't notice me there, and was talking to Demitri. They sat down, across the isle from us, and leaned back in their chairs. I saw Max go stiff, and I nudged him playfully to calm down.

"So, i'm guessing you don't really like your cousin?" I asked him.

"He's...." he paused, taking a deep breath. "He's alright. I guess."

"GOOD MORNNNINGG CLASS!" A middle-aged woman walked in with spikey hair, and glasses.

I liked her so far, the perky teachers, I always respected. It took effort to put up with us kids, and enjoy it.

"WHAT DO YOU SAY WE DO A ROLE?" She asked, clasping her hands together in a cheerful manner.

Crap. I thought, here we go againnnn.

"Helen Appilgate...."

"Yvonee Boyd..."

& so deja' vu continued.

"Blaire Davis..." Blaire raised her hand, and smiled.

She continued until she said Jacob's, Max's, and mine. Weird how they were in like order.

"Jacob Naughtinham.." He raised up out of his seat, smiling at everyone, all the girls swooned at his looks, even Blaire. But me, quiet frankly, I was disgusted.

"Maximillion Naughtingham..." Max raised his hand shyly, unlike his cocky, self-absorbed cousin.

"I go by Max."

"Alright Max it is then!" She smiled at him. I nudged him playfully.

"Oh, looks like we have a newbie here, Tabitha, Montgomery is it? She asked, scanning the room before I raised my hand. Then she smiled warmly at me, and I did the same in return.

"TOBY'S HERE DEMITRI!" Jacob shouted playfully at his friend.

"WE MUST BE IN THE STUPID CLASS!" He roared, horor mocking his features.
I growled, about to say something, but Max spoke up for me.

"Shut it Jacob. Just becasue your stupid doesn't mean you get to blame it on other people!" Everyone laughed, including me. His face turned into a glare, with narrowed eyes. He looked at me, then looked at Max and stormed out of the room.

"Dang. Drama Queen can't take a hit." I said, and Max and Blaire laughed.

Class began, and not once did Jacob Naughtingham re-enter. Demitri looked bored as all get out, and surprisingly this is the only class, that's fun enough...NOT to fall asleep in. GASP!

The bell rang shortly, and Blaire and Max and I parted our ways. Blaire had said Adam had the next class with me, so I said i'd keep my eyes open. I found him, and began going up towards him when a voice got in the way.

"You know, you really should learn to stick up for yourself Tobbes, and not have my whimpy cousin do it for you." Jacob effing Naughtingham said, behind me.

"First of all, I don't recall GIVING you PERMESSION to call me "tobbes" I said, annoyance dripping in my words. "And second of all, Max was actually being kind, unlike you- and stuck up for me. You should try it sometime. I hear it makes people think your less of a low-life." I smiled, innocently up at him, and ran-and I mean straight RAN- to catch up with Adam.

"Hey Adam!" I said sweetly while grabbing his arm and pulling on it, in hopes he would scootch his bootch and move faster

"Uh-WHOA. Hey Toby." He said, stumbling a little to catch up to my speed.

"What'sa- What's up?" He asked, confused.

"You and me have the next class together, and I'm being harassed by Jacob Naughtingham."

"Oh, say no more, common-the class is this way." He nodded, and smiled understandingly before dragging me in a slightly different direction.

We got into class and I heaved a sigh of relief.

"Thanks Adam." I smiled.

"No problem." He smiled. I felt alot better...that is until the bus whores walked in.

"Oh. Fuck." I rolled my eyes.

"HEY! WARREN! IT'S THE HOTTIE FROM THE BUS!" Cody nearly screamed.

Then for the second time that day, I sunk lower into my seat. All this attention was making me nautious. I hate attention, I always feel like I have to constantly be on alert. I was much better, having barely any friends at my old school... it was the way I liked it.

Cody approached me and sat down in the open seat next to me. Adam gave him a death glare when he realized my discomfort. But of course, Cody had a pea for a human brain, so he didn't even notice Adam.

"You can't resist me, babe." He smiled, putting his hands behind his head and leaning back in his chair.

"You'd be surprised douche bag." I smiled, sarcastically. But he didn't get the "sarcastic" part.

"SEE! Your smiling at me, you want me." I growled. What was with boys at this school, and ego's 10 times bigger than their heads?

Thank you, class began.

I tired to ignore the notes that Cody kept throwing at me throughout class. I gathered them into a huge ball, and chucked it at him near the end of class. Once the bell rang, I made another escape with Adam. We seemed to be good at it.

I said goodbye to him, and Blaire as Max and I got on the bus.

Luckily, for me. Cody and Warren didn't ride the afternoon bus. So it gave Max and I time to talk.

"So what are you into?" Max asked, intrigued.

"I like sports, and going outside alot. Oh, and listening to music. What about you?"

"I don't really like going outside, i'm more of a computer guy...but I do like music!" He smiled.

"Really? What kind?" I asked. Please don't say rap, or country.

"Rap and some country." I held myself back from gagging.

"Oh." Was all I said.

"You?" He asked, eyeing me suspiciously.

"I like uhm Rock, Alternative, and Indie. You ever heard of Mayday Parade?" I asked.

"Nope, sorry." I sighed.

"Well, they're my favorite band. I love the song Jamie all Over."

"OH! Wait, I think I have heard them before. Jacob was playing that one day when he took me to the mall." My mouth dropped WIDE open. I always said people that liked my kind of music, looked at lyrics. At the meaning of songs, and had a love for the arts, and poetry and class. Something I knew, as of right now was proven wrong. Simply for the fact that Jacob Naughtingham liked it. I groaned. WHY DID HE HAVE TO GO AND RUIN MY OUTLOOK ON LIFE...AND MUSIC.

After a long ride, I found out that Max liked cars, when I didn't really know anything about them. I figured if I ever got one, then he would be able to help me with it though.

He liked cold weather, when I liked hot. Though, we both really liked home cooking...even though i'm pretty sure all of America does.

I sighed, and got home to find a note saying that my mom would be working late, and that she left some food in the fridge. I quickly heated that up, and did all my homework, before going upstairs and hitting bed. At 9:30- yes i'm serious when i say that i'm tired. Strangely though, I fell asleep to a picture of Jacob Naughtingham and Me screaming our lungs out to Jamie All Over in his red Ferrari. I cringed, and shuddered to myself as unconsciousness took over.
♠ ♠ ♠
Again, if you don't like it...please tell me why before you just stop reading it!