Rollercoaster

Chapter 24

Aimee's POV

The rest of the school day went by pretty quick.I guess it was because I wasn't really scared anymore. I had been introduced to some really nice people who all hung around the bikesheds. There was Kirsty, Lisa, Dylan and Andrew in the group. But of course, how could I forget Sean?

Sean was honestly the nicest guy I had ever met. Even though I had only known him for a couple of hours, it felt like I'd known him all my life. Everytime he smiled that gorgeous smile of his, I'd completely forget anything that was wrong in my life. All that lunch, he just sat and asked questions. Usually I hated that kind of thing, when someone is really nosy and wants to know your life story. But with Sean, I didn't feel he was being nosy. I felt he was just being his friendly self. And it felt great to know that someone actually wanted to know me, that I finally had a purpose.

When the last bell rang, I rushed out to the school gates. Sean said that he didn't live that far away from me, so he'd walk me home. Reaching the gate, I saw him. He was casually leaning against the stone wall, his eyes focused on a folder he was holding. His hair hung over his right eye, and he was always having to flick his head to see. He looked up and smiled as he saw me coming towards him. God, his smile makes me melt.

"Ready to go?"

I nodded and we headed out.

"So, I never got asking," He began, "What made you come here?"

Oh God, not that question.

"Umm, well. I used to go here, but I sorta... moved." I kicked a stone in my way. "And now I'm back." .

"Oh. You see, I moved here from Chicago in July." He looked at me and smiled again. "I'm glad you came back, or else I wouldn't have got to know you."

"We've only known each other for a day!" I laughed.

"Yea, but who says we can't get to know each other?" He looked away.

Oh my god. He wants to get to know me! That's a good sign, right?

"That would be good." I calmly said. "So anyway, you like My Chemical Romance, then?"

"Are you kidding me? Those guys are amazing! And just to think they came from here!"

I laughed. If only he knew...

"What's so funny?" He looked at me seriously.

"You wanna come to my house?" I asked.

"Umm, sure." He looked a bit worried by my random offer. Ha! I can't wait to see his reaction.