Rollercoaster

Chapter 27

Aimee's POV

Shortly after, we arrived at Gerard's place and were walking up that oh-so-familiar driveway. I stopped before I opened the door, and stood in front of it, meeting Sean's shimmering eyes with mine.

"What are you doing?" He asked me worriedly.

"Sean, look. This might be a bit weird, I mean..." I couldn't seem to find the right words to say. I just don't want him to be weird around me after he finds out about Frank. I really like him. "I just want us to be friends after this." I stuttered.

"Hey." He stopped me. "Don't you worry, we will be friends. I'll make sure of it." He lifted my chin up to see him smiling at me. "How bad can they be? You saw my mom." He laughed.

I nodded and shakily opened the front door. I couldn't hear anything. Usually I'd hear Frank or Gerard messing about or someone would run out as soon as the door opened. Not now. They must have been at the recording studio or something, Frank was talking about it this morning, but I wasn't really listening.

I quietly walked in, trying not to avert any attention to us. I waved Sean into the hall, pressing my finger to my lips, motioning for him to be quiet.

Leaving him standing there, I rushed into the lounge. Dear God. Why did Gerard have so many photos? It's not that I didn't want him to see, but I'd rather have it that Frank came in himself so I wouldn't have to explain. It's less awkward that way.

A very rushed 10 minutes later I came out to see Sean standing there, staring at me weirdly.

"Sorry, had to tidy up." I laughed nervously.

I headed back into the lounge, collapsing on the couch. Sean followed me and his eyes were immediately fixed on the walls. He followed the drawings, eyes widened as he looked up at the ceiling.

"Did you do these?" He stammered, his eyes still fixed on the ceiling.

"Nah, I'm crap at art. Ge... I mean, my dad drew it." Nearly blew it there.

"Wow. Your dad's amazing!"

I blushed, realising he meant Gee.

Suddenly the front door opened and Frank's warming voice called from the hall.

"Honeyy, I'm homeeeeee," He sang.

Sean jumped in his seat and looked at me, worried.

"Oh crap." I mumbled. "It's okay, stay here, I'll be back in a minute." I reassured him and got up.

I slowly opened the lounge door and saw Frank's beaming face smiling at me.

"Hey, honey," He said. "How was your first day?"

"Umm Frank?" I bit my lip nervously.

"What's wrong?" His smile faded as he saw my face.

"What would you say if I brought a... umm, friend home?" I finally stuttered.

His face lit up almost instantly. "Aimee! That's fantastic!" He said, putting his arm around me. "Where are they?"

"Ugh, in the lounge. But look Frank, I haven't exactly told him about you guys yet, cos he's a huge fan. Do you think you could just.. I dunno, go in and say hi or something?"

He looked at me and smiled again.

"Anything for you, Aimee."

I smiled and stayed put in the hall as I watched Frank slowly enter the lounge. I heard a muffled Frank say hi and heard a large thud. What the hell was going on?

I quickly ran in and saw Sean lying on the floor with his eyes closed and Frank crouched beside him.

"Looks like your friend wasn't expecting me.."