Rollercoaster

Chapter 42

Aimee's POV

The smile slowly drained from Frank's face. I think we all noticed...

"You don't have to do it, dude," Gerard began. "We can just ring and say something came up or you weren't feeling too well or something..."

"No. People need to know the truth." Frank said blankly and went upstairs to get ready.

1 hour later

We piled up outside Channel 5 studios. All of us decided to come for support, and in case anything got out of hand.

Soon the producer came out, smiling broadly from ear to ear. She ignored the rest of the guys, her attention stuck on Frank and I.

"You must be Frank. I'm Sharon, the producer." She offered her hand for him to shake it. He smiled back and shook it strongly.

"And you," She said, turning to me, "Must be the little girl we're all dying to know about."

She was so false. I could tell she had never heard of me before in her life, and was just doing this for the money.

"Right," She said, noticing I wasn't interested in shaking her grubby hand. "Let's go inside."

Frank put his arm around me and we all headed in behind Sharon.

The studio was tiny. There was hardly any room left when the seven of us were all backstage. The tiny set just consisted of two small chairs and a table between them. Behind the set, there were two cameras and someone in charge of the lights. That was it.

Sharon soon left us to go and talk to the woman doing the interviewing. Someone was doing her make-up for her on one of the seats on set. The woman finished, and she ran over to Frank with her arms wide open.

He stared at her strangely as she ran over, pulling him tightly into a hug.

"It's so nice to finally meet you, Frank. I've been wanting to interview you for so long!" She shrieked into his ear.

He pulled away, forcing a smile. I couldn't help but laugh. These people were so false, it was unbelievable.

She heard me laugh and looked down. "This must be her." She gestured to me. "Aw, aren't you just adorable, sweetheart?" She cooed.

I gave the same expression as Frank and this time he laughed.

"Okay guys, we're on in ten." Sharon called, walking through all of us.

Frank turned to me. "I gotta go here. You okay?"

I nodded. "Good luck, you'll need it with her."

He giggled quietly and walked onto set, some girl running after him with make-up in her hand.

I was so nervous. What if he denied everything to do with me? What if I look like a total loser? Or someone else finds out about me and tries to kidnap me again? I tried to control my emotions, but it was so hard...

Gerard walked forward, putting his arm around me tightly. "You'll be fine, kiddo." He said calmly, reading my thoughts.

I took a deep breath and relaxed, putting my head on his shoulder.

A couple of minutes later, the lights dimmed and the camera guy's voice boomed above any other noise.

"Five, four, three..." He motioned the last two numbers and they were on.

"Welcome back to Betsy's Bizz, Live on Five."

Mikey's eyes widened and the rest of us stifled our laughter. I could see Frank smirking beside her.

"Today I have with me Frank Iero, from My Chemical Romance." She said, motioning to Frank.

He waved at the camera and turned back to 'Betsy'.

"But you aren't here to talk about the band, are you?" She continued.

My stomach started to turn and I tensed up. Gerard noticed, and rubbed my back gently.

"For all the people out there," She pointed to the camera. "Can you just clear up that you do not have a daughter?"

Frank looked up. "No, I do not have a daughter."

I gasped. Gerard gasped. Mikey gasped. Bob gasped. Ray gasped. Worm gasped. Heck, all of us were in shock backstage. Was he pretending I didn't exist?

Betsy smiled and went to ask her next question, but Frank interrupted.

"No, Betsy, I do not have a daughter," He repeated. "But I have the next best thing anyone could wish for."

She looked shocked. Probably because he just interrupted her on her show.

"What's that, then?" She asked rudely.

"That's my adopted daughter, Aimee." He said proudly.

Again, everyone backstage gasped. Adopted daughter? No matter how much I wanted it, I wasn't adopted!

Gerard's arm fell to his side and I ran to the side of the stage, gaping at Frank.

He smiled and looked at me.

"Only if you want to be," He said, getting up off the chair and coming over to me.

Was he being serious?!? He smiled as if to answer my question.

I immediately hugged him, knocking him back slightly. He giggled at me and we headed backstage. All the guys saw it as it was happening and ran out and jumped on us at once. We fell in a huge pile on the ground, laughing hysterically.

None of us knew the cameras were still rolling.

After all that, I heard Betsy laugh nervously.

"Well, wasn't that cute?" She said, turning to the cameras. "That's all we have time for today, folks, I hope that answered your question. Join us tomorrow at the same time for more Bizz With Betsy." She waved to the camera, as the guy stopped filming.

"That's a rap, good work guys." Sharon shouted, leaving the building.

We finally managed to stand up, with difficulty. I was the last to get up (they all landed on me), and all I could see was Betsy's glaring face down on me and Frank.

"Well, thank you for ruining my show," She looked at Frank, who still couldn't control his laughter. She turned to me, "I hope you have a nice life with your new Dad." She smiled falsely and stormed out.

And then it hit me. I was going to be adopted by Frank Iero.