Rollercoaster

Chapter 55

Aimee's POV

Beep Beep Beep Beep

I lazily turned in my sleep, holding the pillow to my head, trying to block out the sound coming from my alarm clock.

Beep Beep

Didn't work.

Feeling a headache coming on, I reached out and hit the clock off the table, making it fly across the room.

"Ow." A little more than a whisper was heard from my door.

I quickly looked up, seeing Mikey standing there in his P.J's, rubbing his head. He smiled at me when he saw i was staring at him and came over to sit on the bed.

"I came in to wake you up, but it looks like that's already sorted."

I half smiled, still not entirely awake yet.

"Y'know Aimee," He turned to me, looking me straight in the eyes. "I'd say you were around three months now..."

I cut him off sharply. "I'm getting ready. I'll be down in a minute."

He shook his head in disapproval and got off the bed, heading downstairs.

No, I hadn't told Frank yet. But by the looks of things, I was going to have to tell him sometime soon. I was already beginning to show. Well not exactly the whole 'watermelon look', but my tummy was definately rounder than before.

I thought about the baby sometimes. Think of what would happen when I had it. What we would do about the tiny things, like clothes and food. Things that any normal fifteen year old shouldn't have to think about.

But this was my fault. And I wasn't getting out easy. I would never get an abortion. No matter how stupid I had been, I wasn't going to kill my own child. Adoption? No, I wouldn't have the guts.

I had just finished getting ready, pulling a huge black sweater over my head, when I heard the doorbell ring.

I ran down the stairs, pulling my rucksack with me, when someone touched my shoulder.

"Aimee..."

Mikey turned me to face him, his eyes pleading with mine to tell Frank.

"I gotta go. School." I made an excuse, pulling the latch on the door.

He raised his eyebrows in an arch. "You think you should? I mean, in your..." He closed the lounge door quietly, turning back to me. "Condition?" He whispered.

I rolled my eyes. "I'm fine, Mikey. But I really have to go. See ya' later." I managed a smile, as I headed out the door.

Sean approached me nervously, half smiling. "You okay?"

I didn't show emotion, just mumbled expressionlessly. "Mmm hmm."

"Oh, okay." Sean frowned, trying to catch up with me, now powerwalking. "Have you told him yet?"

I stopped walking suddenly, causing him to walk right into me. "No. And I don't want to. Not yet."

That's all that was said all the way to school.

Why am I acting like this? I love Sean. Heck, I can't imagine me without him. It's just....... Well I guess I'm just ashamed of myself. He doesn't want to be a dad. I know he doesn't. He's not ready, yet he's pretending just so I'm okay. I hate myself for being pregnant. I'd give anything to go back to that day and do things differently. Then things wouldn't be awkward with Sean, I wouldn't be avoiding Frank and I wouldn't have to get up at around five every morning to be sick.

Lunch at school

"I'm going to the bathroom." Sean stopped, noticing me motionless beside him. "Okay?"

I nodded and headed to one of the tables outside. Well the only one with no one sitting at it.

I began to get paranoid ten minutes later. Sean wasn't back yet and I had finished my lunch, still alone at the empty table. Everyone was staring and whispering. Like normal, really.

Except it wasn't just like normal...

"Emo scum!"

I turned quickly round on the bench, staring up at a tall jock. He grinned at me, his friends egging him on in the backround.

"I know your secret."

"What secret?" I snapped. As if I cared what rumour they were spreading now.

He leaned forward. "I know you're pregnant." He whispered slyly in my ear.

My stomach clenched in a tight knot. How the hell did he know?

"What? I'm not pregnant..." I retaliated, my voice shakey with nerves.

He stood back up straight. "It's okay, I know you are. Everyone knows. You're such a little slut." He spat, his hand making contact with the side of my face in a forceful slap.

I clutched my now red face, falling back against the table.

"We're gonna get you one of these days. You and your emo baby. You can't get...."

I felt sick with nerves as he continued to spit threats at me. However, he was quickly cut off.

I pulled myself up with my elbows, gasping at the view I saw before me.

The jock had been pulled to the ground, Sean on top of him, punching him repeatedly in the face.

"Don't you ever fucking dare talk to her like that again! You got that?" He screamed, still beating him to a pulp.

The jock was crying his eyes out, struggling to pull Sean off him.

"Sean Wilson!"

My eyes widened as I saw one of the strictest teachers in school manage to pull Sean to his feet, another pulling the jock up.

They dragged the two of them back into the school by the scruff of their necks, me following timidely.