An Arranged Marriage To The Mafia...?

shine on...

In all my years I had never been comfortable with the dark. It wasn't that I was afraid of the night, the shadows, the un seen mysteries. But darkness had a way of revealing more than I liked to be aware of, it was in the pitch black that my brain flickered into complete over drive, that my thoughts ran wild and uncontrolable. In the dark I could roll myself into panic, playing unimaginable scenarios that would never occur, thinking ridiculous savage thoughts that were impossible. In the dark I thought of my father and my apparent brother; working to destroy the worlds our families built. I thought of Antonio and Maria Radev; their kindness and love and wondered if they were safe from harm or added to the list of broken victims. I thought of Ethan on more than one occassion; I remembered the things Gabriella had tried to install into my head and the sudden lightness of my left hand.

My thoughts returned to Gabriella's words, the way her smirk never faultered or how her eyes gleamed with pride and a cocky persona radiated from every one of her large over-clogged pores, even as the tears began to build up behind my eyes

"Don't take it to heart Amelia... it's just, Ethaniel isn't the type of guy who settles down. And honey, you are most definately not his type." I had tried not to listen as she continued on, my mind already preoccupied with attempting to recollect where I had possibly left the diamond ring missing from my left finger. "Ethaniel likes blondes for a start. He doesn't like clingy or suffocation. He likes curvy and seductive..."

I rolled my eyes as I watched over her, her face drifting to a dreamy stare as she thought about my finaces' preference in female companions.

"Don't be offended Amelia." She called my name like it was a bad taste in her mouth, "just think of it as a favour."

"A favour?" My eyebrows knotted together and for a moment I could hold my tongue no longer.

"It was better hearing it from me than finding out what Ethaniel's really like in a few weeks time and having your heart broken..." She starred at her chipping nails once more. "If I were you, I probably wouldn't even stay around after tonight..."


The sound of a clicking latch threw me from my memory and automatically I burried myself further against the plush, pillow-top matress, the comforter surrounding my faux sleeping face. I listened intently to the intruder, wondering who it could be. My safest bet was that Ethan had ended his talks with Raimond and was planning on sleeping and at the same time keeping his promise of checking in on me. My worst nightmare was that it was Gabriella sneaking down the halls to suffocate me in my sleep in an attempt to woo my betrothed.

As quietly as possible the unknown stranger lingered around the scantly furbished bedroom, shallow breathing filled the stale air and feet shuffled over the worn carpets. I could hear empty shoes fall discarded over the floor and the sound of moving fabric, I anticipated the movement of the comforter or sheets, I waited for the matress to sink under their weight. But it never came.

Warm air lightly touched my face but I disregarded it for the breeze of an open window, that was until a slightly heavier weight touched my cheek. For a moment my heart beat accelerated to an incredible speed as thoughts of Gabriella's insane murder attempts entered my head, however the gentle caress of the person's thumb against the blush of my cheek todl me differently. A lingering pressure kiss against my forehead ceased the gentle movement over my skin and I could faintly and I allowed my eyelids to flutter open. Ethan's eyes smiled into my own gently and a lazy grin filled his lip line, his hand remained resting upon my cheek and thumb traced lazy circled over my skin.

"You okay?" His voice was hushed but calming and the sincerity in his question pooled within his expression.

I smiled weakly and nodded a small meek yes bringing the comforter closer to my chin. Ethan's head shifted and the lazy grin grew just slightly, his figure still knelt by the bed side. His palms pushed himself up from the floor and he stood in full height by the matress, his head tilted to stare down at me. Swiftly his head shifted up in a gesture which meant to move across the mattress. Confused I furrowed my eyebrows, unsure of whether or not I was understanding correctly, regardless I shuffled back slightly over the thin sheets, almost immediately Ethan pulled the thick bed clothing down and slowly climbed between the fitted sheet, his body lying parrallel to my own.

Awkwardly I balanced my body weight against my hip, unsure of what I was suppose to do. Whether or not I was meant to huddle to Ethan's side, to move closer or to simply turn the other way and disregard his being there. Inwardly I struggled with my apparent dilema debating the movements and actions that were readily available until Ethan's arm slipped soundlessly around my waist, the strength in his single arm able to pull me swiftly closer to his own body.

Slightly my lips parted but immediately closed at the loss of words no longer forming in my mind. Ethan's face altered from a smug grin to a small subtle smile, his eyes watching down over my features as I starred curiously up at him, his thumb returned to caress my cheek and I allowed my eyes to flutter close as I intook a deep breath, my pupils fixing to stare up at him again. Ethan moved slightly closer, his face barely inches from my own, eyes darting across my face. He paused, slightly hovering while his arm tightened around my waist, pressing me against his shirted chest. In an instant he brought himself even closer, his lips capturing my own and making my heart swell in total ellation.

Within second I had totally lost myself in a perfect, heart bursting moment of bliss. Ethan's arm around my waist brought me even closer if it were possible, his palm cupping the side of my face as his mouth pushed against my own, my hand laid against his chest, the other linger on his forearm, reacting in total lust and desire.

In life there are defining moments, moments which no matter the circumstances are so significant they remain with you for the rest of your life; There are the basics which everyone is accompanied to, the first time you learned to ride a bike, you first day of school and the feeling of graduating. Then there are those which at the moment they occured are the most significant and life changing events to ever occur; your first kiss or the the first time you thought your heart had been broken. This very moment, lying beside my arranged fiance, his fingers tangled in my hair and lips pressed in perefect motion against my own.
♠ ♠ ♠
Safety pins holding up the things
That make you mine


this made me really excited while i was writing it
i thought you might be excited too...
so i posted it early.
i hope you like it =]

this is dedicated to:
purplebull
she made my day with her comment
and i think it's just lovely.

BIG NEWS
i start university casses in a matter of weeks

and there will be a sequel to this....

chapter title & song credit:The Kooks- Shine On