The Lost Boys

Chapter 3 - The Boardwalk

So it was our first night in Santa Carla. Mom took us to the boardwalk. Mom went to look for a job, Michael and Sam went to the concert. Me, I went to the place that has a special place in my childhood, the Merry-Go-Round. I know it’s cheesy, but no one can pass up a classic ride. I ran down the boardwalk passing shops I will visit later on. As I arrived at my destination, I handed the money to the operator and jumped on. As the ride started up, I leaned against a horse. Watching the swirls of colors as the ride spun round over and over. That’s when I heard someone walking on the ride. I turned my head and saw a group of boys around my age walking through the horses and benches. They were getting into a fight with some guy and his girlfriend. The security guard came and kicked them off the ride. Just as they hopped off the ride, the leader I guess, smiled at me. His piercing blue eyes connected with my hazel ones. Then they walked down the boardwalk. I just shrugged it off at first. When I got off the ride I headed toward a video store. I guess I could see if they have any movies worth watching. I saw my mom talking to the owner. She didn’t notice me, yet. As I walked through the rows of movies, I ended up in ‘Horror’ movies. Just then the same group of guys I had seen on the ride were walking around the store. The same blue eyes looked at me, but this time I just looked back to the movies.
“I thought I told you not to come in here.” The owner glared at boys. Nodding the boys exited the store, I decided I would ask mom for money so I could buy some new things.
“Hey Mom.” I said as I leaned on the counter.
“Hi honey. Oh, Mia this is Max. Max this is my daughter Mia.” Max extended his hand to me. He sent off eerie vibes, but I shook his hand any way. My mom turned to me.
“What do you need, honey? Is something wrong?” My mom had a tendency to worry…a lot.
“Can I have some money to buy some things?” I never really ask much of my mom, so she nodded.
“Here, but don’t spend it all in one place.” She handed me the money as I nodded.
“Ok Mom. Bye” I ran out of the store. I had seen a vintage shop on the way here. I went in and looked around. They had a necklace that called my name. It was real silver and had a pendant of a circle with real pink sapphire.
“You will be safe around here now.” The woman behind the counter said. She gave me a book. ”Take this as well, it goes with the necklace. Free of charge.” She handed me the book. She took the necklace and put it on me.
“What do you mean?” I handed her the money and she sighed. She looked around.
“It is a protection amulet. The book tells its tale.” The woman said this and walked into the back. I took my book and put it in my bag and stepped out side. The wind rushed by making the wind chimes jingle. I’m glad I wore my leather jacket. Just then I heard the sound of motorcycles coming. I saw Michael, and as I started to walk to him, a motorcycle came beside me. Michael looked to the bikes and saw me. He was always so protective of me.
“Hi. I’m David.” His blues made him look so innocent. He was so intoxicating. He smiled. “Wanna go for a ride?” Offering his hand to help me on the bike. I nodded.
“I’m Mia.” I smiled just to be yanked away from the bike by Michael.
“What the hell are you doing?!” Michael let go of my arm. I looked to David, he had gotten of his bike.
“I was going for a ride.” I glared at Michael. Always ruining my fun. Michael looked at David.
“No. You’re going home.” He was grabbing my arm when David spoke up.
“If it makes you feel better, you can come along, to watch your sister.” Michael had completely turned to face David.
“Mike, chill ok. Jesus just come along.” Michael had brought his bike so he could come along. I walked to David’s bike. “I’m going with or without you.” I said as David helped me onto his bike. Michael had no choice, he had to follow me. Being the over protective brother he is.
“Fine.” Michael grabbed his bike and revved it up. I smiled and hung onto David as he started to go. In moments we were speeding down the stairs and onto the beach. I felt so alive and free. As we started getting closer to the cliff I felt like I was flying. The most best feeling in the world. David and his gang stopped at the cliff. Next to the cliff was a small bridge that lead to a mouth of a cave. David helped me off the bike. As we entered the cave I had no idea what I had gotten me and my brother into.
♠ ♠ ♠
here we go. oh by the way there is no star or laddie.