The Lost Boys

Chapter 4 - You Live Here?

As I looked around the cave I was amazed. It was so unique. David told us that this used to be a hotel before the big earthquake in San Francisco. As the boys moved around the cave Michael and I sat on what was an old fountain.
“You guys live here?” I spoke with a constant smile on my face. David nodded. He got up and told Marko to go get something. I got up and walked around. Admiring everything in the room. I could feel David’s eyes on me the whole time. Michael kept his seat on he fountain. I was always the more adventurous twin. Marko came back with a very decorated wine bottle. David took it and walked over to me.
“Drink this.” He offered me the bottle. I smiled.
“For all I know it could be poison.” Then David drank the red liquid and handed it to me. I took it from David’s hands and brought it to my lips. Then ,again, Michael yells at me.
“Mia!” I sighed and looked to my brother. I raised my eyebrows, as if to say ‘go on’ and he did. “Did you miss the part of mom saying ‘don’t do anything stupid‘?” Just to bother him more I raised the bottle to my lips again.
“If I didn’t miss her speech, I wouldn’t be doing this.” I let the red liquid rush down my throat. It was so intoxicating. Michael was pissed by this point.
“Give me that!” Michael shoved the bottle back into David’s hands and dragged me to the mouth of the cave.
“Hey!” I stopped walking. “What the hell are you doing!?”
“Shouldn’t I be asking you that?” When both of us got really stubborn, we got into a staring contest.
“You shouldn’t do that to your sister, Michael” David was standing behind me. Michael growled and grabbed me again.
“We’re going home.” I ripped my arm from his grip.
“YOU can leave be yourself.” I said. Well actually I yelled it. Michael just stood there. Mom did say to be home by midnight.
“Go with your brother. We’ll meet you at the boardwalk tomorrow.” David said. I nodded. I waved good-bye to the guys and headed out the door with Michael. This was going to be a long ride home.
♠ ♠ ♠
i will post more soon! enjoy :)