Goin' to School With Billie, Mike, and Tre...

Chapter Four: The Sorting

There was a chair at the front. There was a clipbord and paper on it. The lady walked to it and picked it up.

"When I call your name, come sit on the chair and I'll ask you some questions." She told us, " Armstrong, Billie Joe."

She looked up and Billie walked up there. He sat on the chair.

"So, what is your special talent?" she asked.

"Um... I can tell what people are feeling and heal them by touching them and concentrating." He said nervously.

"Well, tell me what that young boy is feeling right now." she said.

Billie concentrated for a moment. He was staring at the boy.

"He is nervous, excited, and happy, ma'am." he stated.

"Is that true?" she asked him. He nodded. She looked surprised. She told him somthing that I couldn't hear. He smiled and walked to the table at the far end of the hall. She called off some more names.

"Cool, Tre'." She stated. He went up there and sat down.

"What is you power?"

"I can move from place to place by snapping my fingers." he stated.

"Okay. Try moving from there to the other side of the hall."

"Sure." He got up and closed his eyes. He snapped his fingers and he was gone. I looked around the hall for him. He wasn't anywhere to be seen. Everyone gasped. Where did he go?

"Oh. For heavens sake." She muttered. " Professer, please go find him." A man at the very end stood up and walked out. Two minutes latter he had returned.

"I found him in the suit of armor out in the hall." he said. His voice was very plain and boring. Tre's face was red. The lady told him where to go. He went and sat down next to Billie.

"Dirnt, Mike." She continued. He went and sat up there. "What is your power?"

"I can read minds." he said.

"Read that young lady's mind right there," She pointed to me. I froze. Oh no! What if Mike found out that I liked Billie. And then he told it to everyone. I stared into his eyes. I thought hard about Jeff.

"Well, what is she thinking?"

"She is thinking about Jeff." He said looking away from me for a second,"That is her best friend that died last year. She misses him very much and wished he wasn't dead. That way he could be here with her." He said, shaky at first.

I think the lady believed him because there were tears in my eyes. She told him something and he ran to Billie and Tre'. Both had tears in their eyes. She called off a few more names.

"Holiday, Violet." I walked up there and sat on the chair.

"What is your power?"

"I can talk to the dead and see into the future."

"Okay, can you contact the dead then?"

"Yes but it might be wise if I have a vision first. I had one earlier and I will pass out after the contact."

"Fine then. Have a vision." she said sourly.

I shut my eyes and thought. I didn't do very well under presure. My eyes snapped open.

"Um. You might want to step to the left."

She did and right at that moment the guy behind her and spit out his drink. She thanked me and everyone in the hall clapped.

"Okay now you can contact the dead." I closed my eyes and searched.

A guy with grey hair and glasses came to view.

"Who are you?" I asked.

"George McBee." He said, "Could you tell my daughter that I love her?"

"Sure, who is that?"

"The girl next to you."

I felt a tears form in my eyes as he told me all about his life and how he died. I felt my body fall, but I couldn't get out of my trance. It was just like my vision.

I opened my eyes and I was in a very uncomfortable bed. The room I was in was white and about a dozen other bed were in rows.

A lady in a white uniform walked over to me. She bent over me and felt my forhead. Her hands were really cold, or I was really hot.

"How are you feelin'?"

"Just lovely," I said, "When can I leave?"

"In an hour's time." She said kindly, " You have some visitors. Do you want to see them?"

"Yeah."

She let them in. Tre', Mike, Billie and some girl I didn't know came in. They sat in the chairs around my bed. I smiled.

"How are you feelin'?" Billie asked.

"You should know. Your the feelin reader." I said

"I know that. But Tre', Mike and Leah don't."

"So, who's Leah?"

"The girl next to us."

"No really, I meant how did you meet her."

"Well, when you fainted I brought you here because after you said about fainting, the haedmaster told me to take you here once you did."

"Thanks." I said.

We all talked for a while. I really like Leah's personality. The nurse said I could go and relax in our common room. We went there and as soon as I entered everyone ran up to me and asked me all these questions. Billie took care of it and he led me to my dormitory. He couldn't go in because of some rule. So Leah went with me. We were in the same dorm so I felt a little safer. I got really good sleep and I was glad because the next day was really overwhelming...