Goin' to School With Billie, Mike, and Tre...

Chapter Six: Week Long Coma's and A Really Long Up

I ran out of the hall to find Billie. He wasn't in any of the class rooms so I headed outside to look. I couldn't find him out here. I gave up and started to walk along the lake's edge. It was a nice warm day today. There was a slight breeze.

I looked at the lake. It was so peaceful.

"Ahhhh!" I screamed. I had fallen over what looked like a bundle of clothes.

'You need to be more careful!' I scolded myself.

Someone laughed. I looked all around me. No one was there.

"Oi! Look down, Via!"

I looked down to find Billie swimming at least a foot away. He appeared to only be wearing his pants.

"What you doing down there?"

"I needed to get the food out of my hair. And I wanted to go swimming. So..."

"Oh. Well, you know, they invented showers for that."

"No, I never knew. My mum always took me to a pond that was in our yard," he said jokingly. We laughed. "Come, join me."

"No, I don't have a swim suit."

"So. Just swim in that," he said pointing to my clothes.

"No, I'll just sit here thanks," I said, taking my shoes and socks and putting my feet in the water.

"Suit yourself," he said slashing me. I splashed him back. We were laughing when I felt hands on my back. I tired to turn around to see who it was but I was already soring threw the air. I was screaming like crazy.

I was waiting for the splash. It didn't come. I opened my eyes just in time to get a deep breath.

SPLASH!

I closed my eyes and tried to swim upword, but the suction was to strong. I just got deeper and deeper. My ears popped. My lungs were screaming for air. I felt my self hit the bottom. I heard something snap. An immense pain shot threw me. My head was spinning. I couldn't find what way was up and my right leg didn't seem to work.

I knew what was going to happen. I was going to die. Jeff's face flooted in front of my vision. Blood was oozing out of his head and on to the pavement. His eyes were wide open and staring at me. I tried to reach out and touch him but he disappeared. I heard Jeff's voice yelling at me from the other side of the bathroom door. Yelling at me to get out so he could go to the bathroom.
Without thinking I took a deep breath. The salty water filled my lungs.

Billie's P.O.V.

"Tre! What did you do that for?" I yelled at Tre.

"Joke," he yelled back.

"Not funny! Where did she go?"

I took a deep breath and dived down. I opened my eyes and swam deeper. I was getting very scared that I couldn't find her. Tears were running down my face, even though I was in the water. I kept swimming until I spotted a life less thing flouting a few inches off the bottom. I swam to her and grabbed her hand. She was freezing. I dragged her to the surface and yelled for Tre to come. he slashed his way over and helped me get her to shore.

I laid her down on the grass and put my dry clothes over her to get her warm. I thought of what to do. After a few minutes of performing mouth to mouth she still wasn't breathing right. I started to cry extremely hard, my tears landing on her pail face.

"Dude. Chill. Lets take her to the hospital wing."

I nodded. I picked her up and we ran threw the grounds. Some of the students looked at us funny when we ran past them. A few didn't care, they just went back to what they were doing. We ran up the stone staircase and up to the fifth floor. I was holding Via. She wasn't heavy at all. My tears had slowed down. But the ones that came out landed on my robes that were wrapped around her.

Once we got to the fifth floor we ran even faster, trying to get to the hospital wing. We finally got there, panting. Tre went to find the nurse. I put Via on the bed and sat on it next to her. I held her hand and stroked the back of it with my thumb. With my other hand I moved her wet hair out of her face. She looked like she was just sleeping. If only she was.

Tre came back seconds later with the nurse. She did a few simple tests and confirmed that she was knocked out. She said Via should wake in a few days. She then gave Via some medicine and told me that this was not going to hurt her because I started to freak out when she gave her a shot.

I hate needles.

I wanted, so bad, to stay by Via's side until she woke up, but Madam Britz wouldn't hear of it. So I came to the hospital everyday and stayed by her side until Madam Britz shooed me out. Sometimes I would sneak out and come and visit her in the middle of the night. Madam Britz caught me on the last one and she gave me a detention.

Mike and Tre had noticed that I wasn't talking to anyone. Not even to teachers. I would either shake my head of write a note to Mike or Tre and they would answer. None of them gave me a detention cuz they knew that this was hard for me, seince Via was still out cold. I guess that I just didn't feel like talking cuz I felt empty without Via. She understood me better than anyone I ever knew.

It had been a week since I pulled her out of the lake, and she still wasn't awake. I was sitting in my normal chair on the right side of her bed, holding her hand and rubbing the back of it. Mike, Tre, Heather, and Leia were on the other side. Mike was looking at her face. He had been trying to read her mind to see if she was alright, so far nothing. I had tried to find out what she felt but she seemed to be emotionless.

The rest of the group was planing a party for when Via woke up. I felt really depressed when ever someone mentioned her name. It was even harder when the headmaster had called her mother and told her that Via was in a comma. She came and asked Madam Britz if she knew when she was going to wake up. Of course she didn't know when so Mrs. Holiday broke down and started crying. I tried to comfort her. She stayed there for a few days and then had to leave because she couldn't take anymore days off work. She told me to write her when Via woke up and to take care.

Violet's P.O.V.

'Owww. My head hurts.' I thought. 'Where am I? What happened?'
I felt someone holding and rubbing my hand. A small smile spread across my face. Then I began to hear what was going on. But it was faint.

"And then, we will lead her down to the....." Tre was saying.

"Guy's! I think she is coming around," Mike said next to me.

"Oh! My! Gosh! Finally!" Tre yelled. I flinched.

"Tre, be quiet," Leia said.

"Hey, Via? If you can here me squeeze my hand," Billie said.

I tried to squeeze his hand but I couldn't move. 'Come on. Why can't I move?' I thought.

"Via, stop trying to move. Madam Britz gave you a sedative. I can read your mind. So just think it," Mike said.

I slowly opened my eyes. Billie was the first thing I saw. I smiled.

"Hey, how are you fealin'?"

"You tell me," I stated.

"Um...I don't know. Your to mixed up."

"Well, that helps. So where am I?"

"In the hospital," Mike said

"What happened?"

"Well, Tre pushed you in. You did not come up for a while, so I dived down to get you. You were just floating there. It was creepy. I brought you to the surface and preformed mouth to mouth. You did not come 'round so we brought you here. Then you didn't wake till now. A week latter," Billie explained.

I just laid there taking in what had happened. So as Tre being Tre, he broke the silence. Making everyone laugh.

"So, who's up for a party?" Tre yelled, doing a little dance.

"Sounds good," I said getting up. Billie was still holding my hand. I didn't mind.

"Are you sure?"

"Heck yes!"

"Wait, before we can do anything, we have to get the nurse to let you go."

We got the nurse. She let me go after 20 minutes of questions. We all walked back to the common room. Billie was still holding my hand. He obviously didn't want to let me go ever. I did not care I was happy. So caught up in the moment. We were half way there when it happened.

My vision got foggy and I got dizzy. Jeff loomed in front of me.

"Hi. Are you fealling better?"

"Yes. How are you?" I said. I could feel Billie shaking me. Not knowing I was talking to Jeff.

"Okay. Just lonely. I wish you the best of luck."

"What for?"

"School. By the way how's it goin'?"

"Fine. I met three new people on the train. Billie, Tre', and Mike. Then I met Leah and Heather after that. They are really nice to me." I described each of them.

"Cool. I'm glad you are having fun."

"Oh. I got to tell you something."

"Go."

"Well, don't tell. But I really like Billie. He is so nice. I am not sure if he likes me."

Jeff's expression changed from happy to sad. He look disappointed.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing. It's just I thought that...well...I like you Via."

I gasped it was shocking.

"I was gonna tell you the day...but you know..." Tears were steaming down my face.

His face was fading. "I love you, Via. I love you." That was his last words before he was gone.

I felt myself fall. I was expecting to hit the ground but it never came. Instead I felt myself being carried. I opened my eyes. Billie was sitting on my bed. He was holding my hand. The room was dark.

"Did you really mean that?"

"What?" Then it clicked," Oh. That I like you? Yes."

"Why did you faint?"

"Oh. Jeff told me something shocking," I said.

"Do you want to tell me?"

I told him what he said and Billie just sat there and nodded. The tears had stopped by then. I was still pretty shocked about the talk. I had no idea that he liked me.

After we talked about it we went back into the common room. It was decorated with balloons and streamers. There was a banner over the entrance that said, Welcome Back Via.

Everyone was talking and playing games. They were obviously oblivious of us standing there. Billie cleared his throat. Everyone looked at us. Before I knew it the whole house was around me, shaking my hand and asking me questions. I started to feel claustrophobic.

"Okay! Okay! One at a time! Let the girl breath!" Mike yelled to the crowd.

Everyone backed off. I sat on the sofa in front of the fire. I felt warmer. Billie sat next to me. Tre' was off talking to a group of second years. Mike sat on the other side of me. I stared into the hot embers of the fire.

"So, how long was I out of it?" I asked.

"Um...About a week." Mike said.

"Yeah. I thought you would never wake up," Billie added.

"Have I missed anything important?"

"Just a quiz in History, tons of homework, a test in charms and three days of notes in Potions. Nothing major," Mike said.

"Nothing major? What do you mean? I missed a lot of work," I said almost freaking out.

"And you missed Tre making a goof of himself in Potions. It was hilarious."

"Great. I had to be out cold when all this happened."

"Chill. You can make it up. And I bet you anything that was not the only time Tré is gonna make a fool of himself. So relax.."

"Yeah you got all weekend to work on it."

"Oh that helps. How am I gonna get all that done it two days?"

"Well, Mike and I will help you and you have three days. We don't have class on Monday. I think it is founders day then. Right Mike?"

"Yeah. So no worries."

"Okay so let's begin. Maybe we'll have some time left to relax."

So, all weekend Billie, Mike and I worked on homework. I really missed a lot. I hoped that I didn't pass out again.

-Tuesday, September 25.-

"Good morning, class. Today we will be reporting Mandraks." Professor Helena pointed to the plants in front of us. "Now, before we get started, Who can tell me the properties of a Mandrake?"

I raised my hand. "The Manndrake, or Mandragora, is a plant that is used in potion to heal the petrified. The Mandrakes cry is fatal to anyone who hears it," I said proudly.

Billie scowled and whispered, "Know it all."

"Very good. Ten points to Griffindor. Now, the Mandrakes we have here wont kill you be if you don't have your earmuffs then you will pass out for a couple of hours. So, to take them out just grasp firmly and pull up. Then place them in the pot. Cover them with dirt and set them aside and move to the next. Go."

The task wasn't so hard but when your at a table with three boys, things can get out of hand. Billie, at first, couldn't get his out. Then when he did they kept bitting him on the nose. He would scream and shake his head. This caused it to hold on harder which made him scream more. Mike and I were laughing our asses off.

Then Tre was talking to them. Some of them we had to force into the pot because Tre and the Mandrakes got to attached to each other. By the end of the class Billie had a red nose and Tre was mad at us because we took away his friends.

We headed to the Great Hall to eat lunch and then up to the Sixth floor for History.

"So what did I miss in history?" I asked, pushing my way threw the crowded corridors.

"Ummm...Just the stuff you made up," Tre said from behind me.

We finally got to the classroom and we spilled in. We were a little dishevelled but otherwise unharmed. Tre, Billie and I took our normal seats in the back. Mike seemed to disappear.

"Where'd Mike get to?" Billie asked looking around to find him.

"No clue, but we just made it," Tre said.

Professor McBee walked in. She went to her desk and picked up a stack of papers and handed them out. They turned out to be our homework. All three of us did pretty good. I had done the best, so Billie and Tre were telling me how good I was at this class when...

When Mike walked in. He was rather red. We stopped talking immediately.

"Mr. Dirnt. Why are you late?"

He muttered something and hurried to his seat next to Tre.

"Hey man. Why so late?" Tre asked patting him on the shoulder. Mike, if possible, got redder.

"Okay, today is going to be free study time for the test next Thursday. Read chapter 5 and 6. Then write a two inch essay summing up what you've read," the teacher said, interrupting Mike's interrogation. "You may start."

"So why?" questioned Billie.

Mike muttered something that we didn't catch.

"You WHAT?!" Tre yelled, causing the whole class to look in our direction. Mike sank as far as possible in to his chair, clearly embarrassed.

"Mr. Cool! Is there a problem here?"

"No Ma'am," he replied.

"What?!?" Billie and I asked in unison.

"Nothing. I just...." Mike trailed off.

"So what are we supposed to read?" Tre asked changing the subject.

"Chapter 5 a...Wait! You never read. Why are you so keen to start?"

"He reads. How does he do his homework?" I asked.

"Copies me," Mike stated, "But he won't if he..." Mike stopped again. Tre and Mike locked eyes. Then they both went strait to work.

"That's weird."

"I know." I turned to my reading. It read:

"Chapter 5: America's Battle For Independence; The WIzards Behind Closed Doors.

In 1775, the thirteen colonies went to war with Britain. About 1/3 of the pop. was patriots, 1/3 loyalists, and 1/3 neutralists. The patriots wanted to separate from Britain because the thought they shouldn't be taxed like they were."

I skimmed through until I found a part that I hadn't already learned.

"Jerry Dixon was one of the main wizards who was on the patriot side. No one knew until after the was. He was caught Murdering a British officer with his wand. The townspeople were afraid of him. He was hanged in 1825. He was one of the first to be hanged during the Salem..."

"Via, do you get question one?" Tre asked.

"What?" I asked as a piece of paper was shoved in my hands.

"Question one."

It said: What does supercalifagisolidocous mean?

"No. Why?"

"Stacy wants to know," Tre said taking the paper and shrugging.

"Stacy Bigham. She is the girl I met last week."

"Awesome," I said.

I turned to Billie to see what her was up to. He was asleep on his book. His mouth was open and he was drooling slightly. I giggled. One of his eyes opened.

"What's funny?"

"You," I said.

He picked his head up and the page was stuck to his face. I laughed harder.

"Oh, shut up. you would be tried too if you were up all night," Billie said yawning.

"Why were you up?"

"Couldn't sleep," he replied.

"Sucks to be you. Class over soon?" I asked.

"Hope so. It's boring."

Just then the bell rang. I collected my things and headed to the front of the class. I was hoping to catch the teacher. I did.

"Yes, Miss. Holiday?"

"Ummm...I forgot to tell you something. You know at the sorting ceremony, how I passed out? Well I did 'cuz I saw your dad." I stopped. Her eyes looked glassy. "He told me to tell you that he loved you."

Tears were running down her face. I turned away and walked to the door. My hand was on the door knob when...

"He did? Thanks."

"No Prob."

I walked out into the hall. Billie, Tre and Mike were sitting in a circle and playing a hand game. By the sounds of it Concentration. I laughed.

"I'd hate to break this game up, but we need to get to class," I said looking around the halls for a teacher.

"Awwww. Do we have to?" whined Tre.

"Yeah. We only got thirty minutes left. Can't we skip?" Billie added with puppy dog eyes.

I looked at Mike. I could tell he didn't want to but he agreed just the same.

"Fine. What are we going to do?" I said caving in.

"Ummm... We could go outside," Mike said getting up.

"No, we'll get caught. We need somewhere fun but not too risky," Billie said.

We started walking up the Grand Staircase, heading nowhere in particular, in silence for a while. When we were on the eighth floor, an idea hit me.

"Guys. We could go on the roof," I said stopping to think.

"What?" Tre said puzzled.

"On the roof. On top of the Arithmacy Tower." I explained.

"But isn't the door locked?"

"No. It's unlocked this hour. Professor McBee told me..." He broke off.

"Come on. Lets go," Tre said hopping up and down.

We climbed what seemed like a million stairs. By the time we were outside of the door we were out of breath. We stopped and took a breather.

"You think we have more stairs to climb?"

"Yeah. At least 20." Mike said.

"How....Do...You...Know..." Billie asled gasping for breath.

"Who cares lets get up there," I said opening the door.

We climbed the last of the stairs and I opened the door. I stepped out into the sunshine. It warmed me up. I walked over to the edge and looked out to the grounds. It was so peaceful. I took a deep breath of fresh air. It smelled like lilacs. The grounds were breath taking for this high. The smooth, dark green grass stopped at the shoreline. I looked at the horizon. The clouds were a dull rose color.

I felt something on my left hand. I looked down and someone else's hand was on top of mine. I looked up to find Billie looking out at the forest. We stood there for a few moments, captured in the beautiful scenery. A slight breeze blew my hair back. It felt so good to finally be outside again.

"Ummmm..." Billie said quietly.

I looked at him. He was still looking out at the grounds. He looked nervous.

"So, there is a dance coming up," he rubbed the back of his neck with his left hand. His right one was still holding my left hand. "I wanted to know if you...you wanted to go with me," He asked.

I thought for a moment. There's a dance? When? How did he know? What will I wear? I have noth...Wait, did he just ask me?

I was slightly shocked but very happy. Our eyes were locked. His were a bright green. I studied him for a moment, then I slowly nodded. He smiled and We looked out at the ground again. He was still holding my hand but I wasn't complaining. I smiled too.

"When is it?" I asked.

"I think it is next month. Halloween," he replied.

"Coolness. Is it going to be like a formal dance of one the you can like were a costume?" I asked thinking.

"Not sure," Billie said.

"Who are Mike and Tre taking?"

"Tre is taking a girl named Stacy. Mike is taking Heather."

"So that's why he was red. He asked out my friend," I said putting two and two together. We stopped talking and pondered that thought. I could see it now, Mike and Heather walking in the hall, arm in arm. It looked so cute.

The next month seemed to fly by. I didn't have any visions or talks with the dead. Heather came to me and asked me if I could teach her English. After two weeks of practice she was doing really well. She had a strong accent though. I wrote my mom the third week of the month. I told her all about school and my friends. Then I asked her if she had anything good to wear. When she replied she sent me a beautiful dress, earrings and shoes.

Two days before the dance everyone's nerves were high. Three people had asked me to go with them. I turned them all down because I was going with Billie. They seemed disappointed and kept giving Billie and me hints that they would get us back. I hopped it would not be during the dance.

The day of the dance finally arrived. It was a Friday so all of the lessons had been cancelled. I spent most of my time in the dormitory, with all of the other girls, getting ready. We were all excited. Two of the girls, Bella and Joyce, were mad at me because, as they put it, I had managed to go with the hottest boy in the year. I was completely shocked when they told me this. Obviously they asked him to go and he turned them down. He told me they asked who he was taking and when he told them it was me they were jealous.

"I can't believe I am going with Mike," Heather said as she was changing into her pink dress.

Mine was a baby blue. It had thick strapes and it fell to the floor. It was simple but elegant. My mom told me to take good care of it because it was hers when she was my age. I really loved it because it matched my eyes. I was wearing silver sandals that had baby blue diamonds encrusted in them. I walked over to the floor mirror and put my earrings in. They dangled down to my jaw. There was three blue diamonds in them. I then put my hair up in a high ponytail, leaving two strands of hair down to be in my face. Then I skilfully put light make up on. After I had made myself up I went to help Heather.

Once we were done we looked really good. I glanced at the clock. It was 5:00. We headed down to the come on room. Mike and Billie wear sitting on the couch in front of the fire. Billie had his head in his hands, while Mike paced in front of him. When he heard us coming down he looked up. His jaw dropped and he got Billie's attention. His jaw dropped too.

We walked over, with everyone in the common room staring at us.

"Wow!" Billie whispered.

"No, double wow!" Mike corrected him.

"Okay, once you've stopped staring we can go," I said.

"Yeah," Heather said.

"Okay. Come on, Heather," Mike said linking arms with Heather.

They left with the rest of the common room.

"You look great," Billie muttered.

"So do you," I said. He was wearing a black tux thing. His hair was messed up as usual. He looked nervous.

"Oh. I have something for you," he said getting out a long black box.

I took it thanking him. Inside was a gold, heart shaped, locket. Three blue diamonds were encrusted in it. I smiled it matched perfectly. I opened the locket and inside was a picture of Billie.

"Thanks. It's beautiful," I said.

"Welcome. Turn around so I can put it on."

I turned around and he put it on. I smiled. It fit perfectly. I felt so happy. I could tell Billie knew. Tonight was going to be the best night ever.

Billie took my hand and lead me out of the common room. We walked down the deserted halls towards the entrance hall. As we drew nearer the loud babble of students go louder.

The entrance hall was packed. The whole school seemed to be here. Some of the students looked up as we walked down the staircase. We stopped a few stairs from the bottom because there was no room to go any further. Tre came up to us seconds later. His arm was around a girl. She was wearing a red dress. Most likely she was Stacy.

"Hi, guys. This is Stacy. Stacy this is the guys." he said pointing to Billie, me, and four people behind us. We looked around to see Mike, Heather, Leia, and some other guy.

"Hi," we all said in unison. We laughed.

"I am Billie. This is Via. That is Mike and Heather. And this is Leia and..." Billie said introducing us as we each shook her hand.

"I am Dan," he said.

A clock chimed some where in the hall. The huge, oak doors swung open. Everyone moved to the doors. When we entered we all gasped.

The tables were decorated in orange and black, pumpkins and bats were everywhere, and all the teachers seemed to be dressed normal.

Billie, Tre, Mike, Heather, Stacy, Leia, Dan, and I sat next to each other. The table was full of all different kinds of foods. I grabbed almost everything that was in front of me. I was really hungry.

Once everyone was full to the brim with food, the headmistress asked us to stand up. After everyone had stood up, she waved her wand four times and the tables disappeared. A stage appeared in the back corner. A band came and started to play a song.

Everyone came up to the stage and started moshing. It was so much fun and the band was pretty good to. After a few songs, the band started to play some slower songs.

"Would you like to dance?" Billie asked.

"Yeah," I said.

He lead me to the middle of the dance floor and he put his hands on my hips. I lightly put my hands on his shoulders. We dance for the song. We talked about our lives back home. Billie and I seemed to have the same life. Boring. I found out that he lived two blocks from me. We promised that we would see each other over the summer.

"This next song goes out to Via and Billie. This next song is called Sweet Child Of Mine." the lead singer said into the mic.

I looked at Billie as the band started to play.

"How did you know that this is my favorite song?" I asked.

"Well, it is mine. I didn't know it was yours," he explained.

Billie, the singer, and I sang the song.

"She's got a smile that it seems to me
Reminds me of childhood memories
Where everything
Was as fresh as the bright blue sky
Now and then when I see her face
She takes me away to that special place
And if I stared too long
I'd probably break down and cry," we sang.

At this part I started to cry. For some reason so did Billie. It seemed like Billie and I were the only ones in the room.

"She's got eyes of the bluest skies
As if they thought of rain
I hate to look into those eyes
And see an ounce of pain
Her hair reminds me of a warm safe place
Where as a child I'd hide
And pray for the thunder
And the rain
To quietly pass me by

(Woah oh oh oh) Sweet child o' mine
(Woah oh oh oh) Sweet love of mine
(Woah oh oh oh) Sweet child o' mine
(Woah oh oh oh) Sweet love of mine

Where do we go
Where do we go now
Where do we go
Sweet child o' mine"

Billie was a good singer. I loved his voice. We stopped dancing when the song ended. Billie grabbed my hand and we walked out of the hall.

"Do you want to go for a walk?" Billie asked me.

"Yeah," I said. "did you dedicate that song?"

"Yeah. It reminded me of you."

"Oh. Thanks," I replied as we walked through the deserted corridors

"Why did you start to cry in the middle?"

"Well, the last time I heard that song was the day that Jeff died. It was playing on the radio. We were singing along with it. Then a semi ran through the red light and hit my side of the car. I was lucky to survive. Jeff on the other hand didn't. He was thrown from the car and landed and the pavement. The doctors said he had seveir brain damage and blood loss. I was devastated. I had lost the last thing that meant a lot to me. My best friend." I paused. We stopped walking and Billie had a horrified look on his face.

"Oh. I am so sorry," he said giving me a long hug.

"Then the time before that was the day before my dad died. He sang it to me. That was the last thing he said to me, Sweet child o' mine. I found out he died in school the next day. They didn't break it gently to me either." I said.

*Flashback*

"Violet Holiday to the office," the principal said.

I left the room and walked down to the office. I was hopping that they had found my book. I had lost it a week ago. I had a big smile on my face. Jeff had told me a joke.

When I got to the office I walked in and stood behind the counter. The assistant told me to go the councillor office. I was getting really apprehensive now. Why didn't they just give me my book now?

I walked to back and waited in the office. I was getting nervous. I still had a smile on my face. I was thinking of the joke Jeff had just told me and how the teacher reacted to it. I laughed.

"Oh. Your here already. Well, your dad died an hour ago," the councillor said.

'What? How could he?' I thought.

My face fell. Tears were rolling down my face. The councillor left. I got up and ran to my locker. I grabbed my bag and threw some books in it. I took a piece of paper out and a pen. I wrote a quick note to Jeff, telling him what happened. I taped it to the door of my locker and ran out of the school before anyone could stop me. I could feel a panic attack coming. I ran to the river and sat down at the edge and cried my eyes out. I could barely breathe, especially because I was crying and having a panic attack.

Next thing I knew I was laying on a bed in a green room I knew exactly where I was. In Jeff's bedroom.

*End flashback*

"Oh, I am so sorry. I mean I can't believe that you've had so many bad things happen just around that one song," Billie said.

"Well, not all bad things happen every time I hear that song. Like tonight. A good thing came out of it. I danced with you," I replied.

He smiled and we walked back to the hall. We listened to a few songs and I felt like I was at my old school during an activity night.

We were all standing in a circle and yelling the lyrics to the songs. After awhile we started a dance off with a few of the third years. Tre and a third year ended up in the finals. All of the first and second years were creering Tre on and the third years were creering the other kid on. The rest of the school didn't even look twice at the competition going on.

After a long five minutes. Tre was declared the winner. We all sat down and Tre was accepting all the praise he could get. I was really surprised when some of the teachers came up and commented on how good Tre was.

We were laughing at a joke Tre had just told when it happened.