Sequel: Into My Arms

Turn Right

"I'm Sorry How It Ended"

Rachael’s POV

The movie ended and I loved it! It was my absolute favorite movie ever and for a few minutes, I forgot about being mad at Nick, when I began clapping and I looked at him, smiling as he smiled back and was clapping as well {along with everyone else}. At that moment, all I saw was my best friend. On the way out, I heard talking about a sequel and I got so excited, I almost tripped but Anna helped me get my balance back. Everyone was departing and I was so close to getting back into my limo…so close.

“Rachael,” a voice {I knew way too well} said as my wrist was grabbed. “We need to talk,” he said as I turned to face him.

His grip wasn’t tight but it was tight enough that I couldn’t slip my hand through. “No we don’t Nick,” I simply said, without moving.

"Yes we do and you know we do…” he said but I just pulled away and got in the limo but before I could shut the door, Nick came in quickly and sat next to me.

“Nick, what are you doing, it’s late, go home,” I said.

“Not until you agree to talk to me,” he said.

Then I felt the car start up and begin to drive so I shot forward and slid open the small window and saw Anna sitting next to Adam in the passenger seat.

“Talk to him,” she ordered and I kept shaking my head with pleading eyes but she kept repeating herself.

So I finally gave in and sat back down in my seat but I didn’t say anything. “Nick? Just let your parents know we’ll drop you off at home ourselves,” Anna said in a nice tone.

“Yes maim,” he replied and I saw in the corner of my eye that he texted Kevin.

Then he looked at me but I just kept my arms crossed and kept my eyes glued on the floor. “Rachael…if I hurt you…I never meant to…and I’m really sorry about how it ended…”

You’re sorry how it ended?! That’s all you can say? Nick I needed you and you weren’t being my best friend, you were just yelling your head off at me when it wasn’t even my fault I was moving! We haven’t talked in three years! Joe and Kevin have kept me updated, I even spoke to your parents a few times, but not once did I talk to you,” I snapped as I looked at him intently with sad/angry eyes.

“But you could’ve spoken up and said something about it,” he said quietly and I was about to protest but he stopped me.

“I didn’t want to talk to you just so we can fight…I didn’t know you and my family were still in touch…I should’ve known better and should’ve known you would’ve kept in touch…but I didn’t know and no one told me…but I did try getting in touch with you…you got my letter,” he stated and I saw him looking at my left ring finger where the ring he gave me, still was…after three years.

"Yea I got it,” I muttered as I went back to starring at the ground with my arms across my stomach as I slouched a little.

“You could’ve written back”

“Didn’t think you’d want me to,” I murmured.

“Of course I’d want you to…I’ve tried calling too…but when I actually got the nerve to try, you’re number was changed…”

“So was yours when I tried,” I said quietly, still avoiding his eyes.

“Okay…so we’re going somewhere here, we both at least tried getting in touch with each other…did you keep my letter…”

“Yes but I didn’t keep the envelope, so I didn’t know what the return address was”

“Okay so there, it was no ones fault we lost contact” he said but I just ignored it. “Rea, please forgive me,” he added quietly and that caught my attention for some reason.

My head shot up and I looked over at him but now he was the one who hung his head slightly.

“I love Maya and I know we’ve known each other longer than you and I have known each other…but when it comes to you and me…I don’t know, there’s always something there between us…you were the first one to find out about my diabetes, you were there for me when we were dropped by Columbia records, you helped me…us write songs…you weren’t just my best friend…you were my first girlfriend…” he looked like he was going to add something to that but he stopped himself and continued.

“You were part of the family…you still are if you want to be…I know I screwed up when I let you leave after our fight but I want my best friend back,” he said and seemed a little shy.

It was silent after that. “Okay,” I finally said and he looked at me.

“Okay?” he questioned.

“Okay…I forgive you…I want my best friend back too…but I have a few conditions,” I said, now I was leaning toward him slightly but I had his full attention.

“You name it,” he said automatically.

“I want you back as my best friend Nick and I know you and Miley are…’getting closer’ and you should know shes pretty much my best girl friend and I don’t want her getting hurt…” I said with hint in my voice, hoping I wouldn’t have to finished…but lucky for me, Nick knows me.

“I understand,” he said and he sounded a little disappointed but I ignored it.

“Which brings me to another point…I don’t want Miley knowing you and I have a past…she knows all about it…she’s knows what went down in New Jersey…but she doesn’t know that you’re the Nick that it went down with…she’ll find out, just not yet,” I said and he nodded.

“So I guess we should have Miley introduce us first before I ask to hang out with you,” he said.

“Well…we could say we met at the premier and got along really well…but it wouldn’t hurt to be hanging with Miley when you and I hang out,” I said and he nodded again.

“I know you’re also best friends with Taylor,” he admitted.

“What? Keeping tabs on me?”

“You know it,” he said and I just laughed.

“Nick, we’re at your house,” Anna said.

“Wow, talk about good timing,” I said quietly.

“I’m…really glad we talked Rea,” he said.

“So am I Nick”

“Promise me we’ll see each other…tomorrow maybe?” he asked.

“I’d love to…I’ll tell Miley to meet me some place, just make sure you go with her…see if Joe and Kevin can go with you too, I miss them as well”

“Okay…I will,” he said and then I hugged him.

He hesitated but hugged back. Then he got out and walked inside his house as I watched and then sighed as I sat back and Anna smiled at me.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments please :)

<<333