Sequel: Into My Arms

Turn Right

She Cant Know

“Miley!” I cheered as I saw her standing there on my door step the next day. “Rachael!” she replied and we hugged.

“Do you like not get any breaks at all over there?” I questioned rhetorically.

“Haha you’re funny,” she said sarcastically.

“Yea I know”

“I wanted you to meet Nick…Nick, this is Rachael, Rachael this is Nick,” she said and I smiled at Nick as he smiled back.

“It’s nice to meet you…you were at the premier last night right?” I questioned.

“Yea I was, we ran into each other”

“Right…well what are we doing today?” I questioned as I stepped outside to them.

“Taking advantage of our day off,” she said and we began to walk with her in the middle of us.

“No kidding”

“What should we do today Nicky?” Miley asked and I just looked over at him.

I used to think he hated being called Nicky…I let it slide. “We could go get some ice cream,” he suggested.

“Great idea, lets go,” she said excitedly and we began running.

We got to a small ice cream stand and we all ordered as we just talked.

“Shoot I have an interview in ten minutes, my dad is picking me up now, but you two should really hang out and maybe I’ll catch up later or something,” she said.

“Fine with me,” I said and looked at Nick.

“Sure,” he agreed.

After we got our ice cream, soon after, Billy Ray showed up and picked Miley up and they drove off. “So how’d you convince Miley to let you come?” I asked as the two of us began walking.

“Wasn’t hard…she actually asked if I wanted to come,” he said and I nodded. “So…who inspired your song that everyone’s talking about,” he asked with a hint of playfulness in his voice.

“You really wanna know?” I asked shyly and he nodded. “You did”

“Oh,” he said and we didn’t look at each other. “I’m sorry” he said.

“It’s okay”

“It’s a really good song though,” he quickly said.

“Thanks,” I giggled. “I bought your new cd,” I said.

“You did?”

“Yea…of course…it’s really good…I really love When You look Me In The Eyes”

“I thought you would…”

"Who’s that one about?” I questioned and blushed a little.

“You really wanna know?” he asked and I nodded. “Kayla and Brittany,” he said and my jaw dropped but when I looked at him, I knew he was lying.

“Shut up,” I said and nudged him with a laugh. “Jerk,” I muttered and he just laughed.

“I’m just kidding…of course it’s about you,” he said. “Well when I was writing it, it was but I’m sure Joe and Kevin had other girls in their minds” he added. We were silent.

“I think we should tell Miley about us soon…it’s better to do it sooner than later because then she’ll really be mad,” he said suddenly and I just sighed.

“Yea I guess you’re right”

“So you’ll tell her today then?” he asked.

“Me? Why do I have to?”

“Because you’re her best friend, she should hear it from you”

“Well you’re her boyfriend, shouldn’t you tell her too?”

“I’m not even her boyfriend, we’re just…”

“Getting closer, I know, she never stops about it,” I laughed and he laughed too.

----------------

We walked into his house as we were laughing and I stumbled a little but I caught my balance quickly. “Mom, Rachael and I are here!” he called.

Soon the whole Jonas clan showed up in front of us and I was quickly engulfed in a hug by Joe, Kevin and Frankie. Then Denise and Paul hugged me as well.

“Okay well, Kevin can you drive Rachael and I to McDonalds,” Nick said.

“Sure, come on,” he said.

“Shot gun!” Joe yelled as he raced out.

“Who said you can come?!” Nick shouted as we chased after him to Kevin’s car. “I did,” Joe countered and stuck his tongue out at Nick as he just rolled his eyes.

We got into Kevin’s car and we all got to McDonalds. We walked in and all ordered and then we sat down and began eating as we just ate and talked, laughed and joked and just caught up on some things.

Everything was going so well and then I guess things just weren’t in my favor today. “Hey guys,” Miley said as she came over to us. “Hey Miles,” I said and noticed it was already 3:30.

I never thought I’d be so upset to see my best friend. “Mind if I join you?” she questioned.

“Not at all,” I said and I slid in more so Nick slid closer to me and Miley sat on the end so now it was the three of us on one side and Kevin and Joe were facing us.

“So I see you met Joe and Kevin,” she said to me.

“Actually…” Joe began saying and my eyes went wide but then I saw from the bottom of my eye that Nick kicked Joe’s shin and he was about to yell at Nick but then he looked at me and he stopped himself.

“Actually…we met last night at the movie premier…that’s what Joe was going to say,” Kevin said.

Thank you Kevin! I let out a silent breath of relief as I felt Nick become less tense as well.

“Yea, it was brief but we met last night,” Nick said.

“Oh okay, well I’m going to go order something because I am starving,” she said and got up and walked away.

“What was that about?” Joe hissed as all four of us leaned forward, toward each other.

“Miley cant know about you guys knowing me and about us having a past,” I hissed back.

“Why not?” he asked.

“She just cant…not yet,” Nick said and I just nodded in agreement.

“She’s going to have to know sometime,” Kevin said.

“We know that but we’re going to tell her on our own time,” I said.

“Well maybe next time, a heads up would be nice,” Joe glared at Nick.

“Sorry,” he laughed quietly.
♠ ♠ ♠
<<333