Sequel: Into My Arms

Turn Right

We're Happy For Her...Right?

Two weeks later:

Best Friend Feud, Waiting To Happen

Rachael Lewis has been seen around with BFF Miley Cyrus’ rumored BF Nick Jonas…if you follow me. They bumped into each other on the red carpet for the premier of Transformers…literally. Miss Lewis spun around too quickly and flew right into Nick and fell right to the floor. Talk about embarrassment! But Rachael didn’t let it get to her, she just laughed and Nick helped her up. They both seemed to be hesitant about their next moves but then Nick’s big brothers, Kevin and Joe Jonas come to the rescue and save their little brother…or do they cause more trouble? Joe and Kevin are both seen going up to Rachael and hugging her so tight, she looks like she can barely breathe. People who meet for the first time, don’t just hug like that do they? Then they were seen around ’hanging out’ together. Word on the street says people think they might be long time friends. Tomorrow Rachael has an interview with Bop mag so I guess we’ll just have to wait to get the scoop.

“We just got things back to normal and I was seen around town with him for three days and he’s already got people talking about us!” I exclaimed.

It’s been two weeks since my path has crossed with the Jonas’ and Nick and I hung out three times out of those fourteen days, all the other days, we were both busy. I had dinner with his family and everything was like I never left at all…the feeling was good…and then right when I think things are going well, this happens.

“You know they’re going to ask you about the boys tomorrow,” Anna said.

Right now we were in my room and she showed me the article which also had pictures of Nick and I together and I was pacing back and forth.

“I know they are”

“You have to tell Miley”

“I know that too,” I sighed. “I’ll tell her tomorrow,” I added. Then I sent Nick a text.

There’s a problem, we have to tell Miley and we have to do it tomorrow

He quickly replied.

I know, I saw the article

Okay so we’ll all meet at your house then? Is that okay?

Yea, around 12:00, dad, mom and Frankie are going out so it’s a good time

Okay I’ll be there

------------------------


The next day, I got Anna to drive me to Nick’s at 12 and I walked in. “Hello Jonas’,” I called out.

“Sup Rea rea,” Joe came over to me with his hand raised.

I smiled and raised mine too and we did our hand shake we made like when I was ten. “Must you call me Rea rea?” I questioned as Nick and Kevin came to us

“Yes because I know you wont let anyone else call you that,” he said and I rolled my eyes.

“So any ideas on how to tell her?” Kevin asked and as if on cue…the door bell rang.

“Well…I was planning on winging it,” I said and answered the door.

“Oh, hey Rea, I wasn’t expecting you here too,” she said and I stepped to the side, letting her in.

“Well there’s a reason for that”

“Don’t you have an interview in like ten minutes?”

“Yes, that’s why we gotta make this quick”

“Make what quick?” she asked and the guys all just looked at me and then took a step back so I sighed.

“Well at the interview, they’re going to be asking me questions and…I wanted to make sure you heard the answers from me first and not from the interview”

“Okay…so why are we here?”

“Well…they’re part of it…Miley…” I sighed. “We didn’t meet at the premier…when I bumped into Nick, it wasn’t the first time we met” I said.

“What do you mean?” she asked as she looked between the two of us.

“I’ve known the guys ever since I was ten…Nick is the same Nick I told you about…remember the letter?” I questioned and she nodded as her jaw dropped.

“Wait so you’re the same Nick who broke her?” she hissed and it felt kind of good because she sounded like the protective, best friend but I felt bad because she was protecting me from Nick.

“It’s okay…really,” I said as I got in front of her. “Can you guys give us a minute?” I asked and they all nodded and walked away…but Joe probably went somewhere to eavesdrop.

“Why didn’t you tell me?” she said, more gentler.

“You seemed so happy and content, I just couldn’t…I’m sorry…but I don’t want what I said just now effect the way you feel about Nick,” I said in a more quiet tone and she blushed slightly.

“What I have with Nick is different than what you have with him…we have a past…and it wasn’t exactly a good ending…we’ve agreed to start over and now I have my best guy friend back…and I’m hoping my best girl friend isn’t mad at me,” I said and smiled innocently at the end.

“Why is it so hard to stay mad at you?” she asked.

“Because you know I’m so irresistible,” I joked.

“Yea right”

“Hey!” I complained and we both laughed and then hugged.

I looked at the time. “Shoot, I have to go, we’ll hang out later, bye guys!” I said and raced toward the door. “Bye Rea!” they all called back and I ran out.

I began running down the side walk until Adam came up beside me and Anna opened the door so I jumped in.

------------------------

“I am here right now with Rachael Lewis,” Kate said.

She was holding the small camera as we were in a room in a big building {I didn’t catch the name} and a few fans were hanging around but they didn’t interrupt.

“Hey guys,” I sang.

“So Rachael what store do you like shopping at?”

“I like shopping at Aero, Forever 21, umm…I don’t usually go in but I always walk by Hollister and take a deep breath so I can smell the cologne or whatever they use in there, did you know you can smell it from the outside?" I asked and laughs were heard around the room as Kate laughed herself.

“No I didn’t, I have to keep that in mind. So…there are many rumors going around about you and the Jonas Brothers and everyone think you might be a little competition for Miley, wanna clear anything up?” she asked and I felt myself get a little hot, but I controlled myself.

“Actually, yes…my mom and I moved around a lot and one of the places we moved to, was New Jersey so when I moved in, I was actually next door neighbors with Nick, Joe and Kevin, we all the best of friends and yea I was closer to Nick for different reasons but we were all so close…”

“Were you and Nick more than just friends?”

“Nick and I…do have a past together but I would never let our past get in the way of his future relationships, I’m not saying they are but even if Nick and Miley are together, I would never try and get in the middle of them, Miley’s my best friend and so is Nick and I’m just so happy to have my best friend back,” I explained.

“So would you just say, you’re hanging out right now?”

“I guess you can say that, yea,” I said and felt myself begin to blush.

“You and Taylor Swift are close as well, right?”

"Yes we are, we’re extremely close but I don’t see her as much as I want to”

“You met her in Tennessee…which is the home of an also rumored boyfriend,” she mentioned and I giggled nervously.

“I think one secret is enough for one interview,” I said with a smile and laughed lightly.

“Alright, alright,” she said and put her hands up in defense.

-------------------------------

My POV

Thing’s have been pretty good lately. I’ve been having Rachael over whenever we’re both available and we’re always seen together in magazines sometimes. I really like Miley and all but I have to admit I really missed Rachael…and now that I have her back, I don’t want to screw it all up again. It’s been a month already, since we’ve run into each other again and I have yet to be inside her house…don’t know why…but I haven't…so I don’t know if she still has my stuff, or if she threw it out or if she burned it…

“Nick?” a voice interrupted my thoughts and I turned to see Rachael staring at me.

Kevin had driven us all to McDonalds {Joe tagged along of course} and now we were in a booth. Rachael and I were side by side and Joe and Kevin were across from us.

“You okay?” she asked.

“Yea, I’m fine…” I got cut off by a voice.

“Rachael?”

Then she stopped chewing on her french fry which was in her mouth. She turned her head and we all looked in the direction, she was looking in and we all saw a guy maybe a year older, standing there.

“Oh my gosh, Eric!” she exclaimed as she jumped up and ran over to him.

He had his arms wide open and she ran into them. They hugged as he spun her around a little and I have to admit, I was a little jealous.

“What are you doing here?” she gasped.

“Here to see you of course”

“Oh! Come meet my friends” she said excitedly as she took his hand and led him over to us at a fast pace. We all exchanged confused looks before they came over.

“Eric, these are my best friends, Kevin, Joe…and Nick…guys, this is Eric,” she introduced.

“It’s nice to meet you guys,” he said and bumped fists with all of us. “Rea has mentioned a lot about you”

“She hasn’t mentioned you,” I muttered but received a kick from Kevin under the table.

“Where are you staying?” she asked him.

“In a hotel near by, I have to go now and make sure everything is set up but I had to come by and see you first, Anna told me”

“Okay well when you’re all set, call me and we’ll hang out”

“Of course” he said and kissed her cheek and I could’ve sworn my face was getting red.

“It was nice meeting you guys,” he said again and I mumbled a response as Joe and Kevin spoke up and he left as Rea sat back down next to me.

“So…what were we talking about?” she asked as she stirred her McFlurry.

“Oh, no don’t try to change the subject,” Kevin said.

“Yea, who was that Eric guy?” Joe asked as he smirked at her.

“…just a friend” she lied.

“I know you’re lying,” I murmured and then began to drink my diet soda.

“…okay well he’s kind of my boyfriend” she mumbled and I choked on my drink a little as I began to cough.

“What? That guy’s like 16!” I exclaimed.

“So? I’ll be 15 in December…in case you forgot,” she said, ending in a more quiet tone.

“Of course I didn’t forget” I said with a more gentle tone.

“So then what’s the problem?” I was about to speak but Kevin cut me off.

“There isn’t a problem”

“Yea we’re happy for you…right Nick?” Joe added and I didn’t protest.

“Right,” I mumbled.

“It would really mean a lot to me if you guys got along with him…I don’t really like the idea of my boyfriend and my best friends not liking each other ,“ she said, avoiding contact with all of us.

“Shouldn’t be hard,” Kev said.

“Yea, he seems really cool” Joe added and then they looked at me.

“Umm yea…he seems like a…really…cool guy,” I choked on my words.

Then she smiled, looked at me and tilted her head to the side…the way that always caused my breath to get caught.
♠ ♠ ♠
<<333