Sequel: Into My Arms

Turn Right

Sucks

One more week went by. I'm still seeing Rachael a lot and calling and texting her constantly...best friends can do that right?...but now it seems like whenever we’re together, Eric is always there too. But I get why Rachael likes him so much. He has looks, he makes her laugh, he’s a gentlemen to the extreme when it comes to her…what does this guy have, that I don’t? Oh yea…the girl, I want. I admit, I’ve been making sure Miley is around more…but it’s because I don’t want to feel like the odd one out when it comes to Eric and Rachael. Now it’s September and I just found out Rachael would be coming on tour with me, Joe, Kevin and Miley for part of the Best of Both Worlds Tour. She doesn’t know yet but I think Anna said she would be telling her tonight when they went out to the mall or something.

Right now, I was over Miley’s and we were sitting on her front steps as she had a magazine in her hand, reading it and I was just leaning against the banister, enjoying the breeze.

“Awe, I think Rachael and Eric make such a good couple,” she cooed.

Yea…everyone knew about her and Eric…and it kind of annoyed me because they’re relationship status is everywhere. I felt my phone vibrate and saw it was Rachael, who was calling.

“Hey Rach,” I said and Miley signaled for me to put her on speaker so I did.

“Hey Rea, what’s up,” Miley added.

“Why didn’t you guys tell me I was going on tour with you?!” she exclaimed.

“We were told to not tell you,” I said as I laughed a little.

“Well I’m mad at both of you so you’re just going to have to make it up to me, so while u guys think about it, I gotta go, Anna said something about early pre-paring for the tour, and plus I’m meeting Eric soon so I’ll try to catch up with you guys tomorrow, bye,” she sang and then hung up.

“So…what kind of past did you and Rea have…I know bits and pieces but not really the whole story,” she said and I suddenly got nervous.

“Well there’s not much more to tell…we had a past…it didn’t end too well…we met up again years later…the end,” I said.

“Nick…” she started but I cut her off.

“You know Miley, I just realized I have to go meet Joe and Kevin and we…have something we have to do and we have to meet up with our publicist and...we’re just very busy, I’ll call you later,” I said and kissed her cheek.

“Okay,” she said with a nod but I could hear the sadness and disappointment in her voice. I had to pull myself away and keep walking without looking back.

I really did like Miley…but another part of me still loved Rachael and it hurt, knowing she was with him. I guess I should just be happy I have Rachael in my life…I rather have her in my life as my best friend than not have her in my life at all…and I should be happy for her right? She’s happy, isn’t she? That’s all the matters I guess…this sucks.

---------------------------

Rachael’s POV

I met up with Eric at McDonalds. He kissed my cheek and then pulled my chair out for me as I sat down and he went up to order for both of us. Eric was absolutely the best boyfriend anyone could ask for…besides Nick. He was extremely cute, he’s funny, sweet, such a gentlemen, he liked me for me…it kind of reminded me of Nick because to tell you the truth, most guys aren’t like Nick, Joe and Kevin. I met Eric back in Tennessee, Taylor introduced us. He doesn’t really have a country accent because he was born in New York, but he always liked horse riding and he worked on a farm with his father. I didn’t understand at first how Eric got here because his family isn’t exactly the richest people but then he told me, Anna took care of it…I don’t care if he’s rich or not though, I really like him so that’s good enough for me. I feel bad sometimes though because I still wear the ring and necklace Nick had given me. I put the bracelet away with everything else because people can see a bracelet, but I hide my necklace under my shirt and I usually hide my ring pretty well. But I also feel kind of bad because I think I still have feelings for him…which makes me feel horrible because it would hurt both Eric and Miley. She’s my best friend, I would never want to hurt her like that.

“Hey you okay?” Eric asked as he came back with out food and sat down.

“Yea I’m fine…just thinking”

“What about?”

“I found out today that I’m going on tour with Miley, Nick, Joe and Kevin,” I said shyly.

“That’s great Rea,” he said with excitement and it made me smile.

“Yea…it’s not for the full tour but it’s for most of it and I’m so excited…I don’t think I’d be around for Christmas though”

“That’s alright, we’ll work around it. I think it’s great that your first tour ever is with your best friends”

“Yea me too…but I’m so nervous, how can I ever compete with Miley Cyrus and the Jonas Brothers, it’s like impossible,” I joked.

“You’ll do great and you’ll blend in so well, no one will hardly believe you’re new at all of it”

“I sure hope so…Anna thinks it would be a good idea to write a duet with Nick, Joe and Kevin…mostly Nick because of the whole thing about everyone knowing we’re so close…she thinks we should write a lot of duets with each other in the future”

“Do you know what you’re going to write for your first duet?”

“Nope, not yet, maybe things will come to me when tour comes,” I lied.

“Yea, maybe” he agreed.

Yea, so I already knew what the song would be about…I actually started writing it already…I put myself in the shoes of my ten year old self, when I first met Nick and the words for the song took off from there. It’s not done of course because I still have to know what Nick wants to write…but yea, I just didn’t feel like telling him that. I’m so torn between Nick and Eric right now…and I just don’t want to be. I hope I know what I’m doing.
♠ ♠ ♠
<<333