Sequel: Into My Arms

Turn Right

Doesnt Feel Like Christmas

Rachael’s POV

The next morning, I woke up and saw Nick was sleeping in his bed and I rolled my eyes. I saw it was 8:00 and I sat up and rubbed my eyes and when I opened them I saw Nick was staring at me.

“What?” I snapped.

But he didn’t reply. He sat up as he continued to stare…he opened his mouth to say something but was interrupted. “Santa came!” Frankie yelled and came running into our room with Joe and Kevin following.

Frankie jumped on my bed and then Joe jumped on Nick and he fell off the bed and groaned. I was trying to suppress a laugh but it was hard.

“Yea! Come on!” Joe yelled as he threw Nick over his shoulder and ran out and I ran and jumped onto Kevin’s back.

He laughed as he stumbled a little but he re-gained his balance and ran into the living room where Paul and Denise were already. Everyone was overly energized and excited…even Nick. Although we didn’t speak much all morning, we were both still very much, into the holiday. Every now and then we exchanged blank stares as we opened presents. I got a lot of extremely amazing clothing from Denise and Paul and I got a card and a snow man made out of play-do from Frankie. Even though it was made like a seven year old did it {because he is seven} I loved it all the same.

One of the presents I got from Joe was a shirt that had a picture of the two of us on the front, messing around. A present I got from Kevin was a coffee cup that said ‘Starbucks Buddies’ on it. I got other presents from them both but those are the two that stood out the most. I got Paul and Denise shirts, one said ‘Live like you’re at the bottom’ and the other said ‘Even if you’re at the top’. Soon enough we all finished opening presents…I didn’t get anything from Nick and he didn’t get anything from me. I think the others noticed but they didn’t mention it.

I smelt Denise making pancakes and smiled at the smell of Christmas that mixed in. Even thought it smelt like Christmas, I couldn’t help but feel like it wasn’t Christmas. It didn’t feel like it. I looked outside and put on Nick’s sweatshirt and a pair of his converse and then I walked outside onto the balcony and looked up at the sky.

My POV

All morning Rachael had been ignoring me. But could I blame her? I went crazy on her boyfriend. What kind of best friend am I? I saw Joe and Kevin giving me stern looks so I sighed and walked out onto the balcony. I just stood there as I was in awe. The wind was blowing slightly so her brown hair was blowing. I patted my pocket and sighed…again.

“Hey,” I said. She didn’t reply. “You’re going to catch a cold”

“Don’t care,” was all she said.

“Rachael…I’m sorry,” I said in a pleading tone as I just got to her side.

She didn’t comply. We both just stood there. “It doesn’t feel Christmas,” she finally said.

“What do you mean?”

“I doesn’t feel like Christmas…you and I would never fight on Christmas…we used to not fight at all,” she said but it was more to herself.

“Well…we had a few fights here and there”

“Yea about different interests like music and clothing…but they weren’t fights, they were arguments and they were harmless and we had like one or two big fights…”

“Would you rather us go back to just fighting about interests, music and clothing?” I asked with a playful tone and it got her to smile lightly.

“I’d rather us not fight at all…but if we must then yes, only about interests, music and clothing”

“Well in that case…why do you always wear my shoes and my sweat shirts?”

“Because they’re comfy…and plus you smell good,” she replied with a giggle and I laughed.

“Do you know how many girls would love to be in your shoes right now?” I questioned.

“Yes, but I just so happen to be the lucky one,” she said with a smile and tilted her had slightly.

We were silent. “I really am sorry about last night…I shouldn’t said what I did to Eric…it was really nice of him to do that for you," I said with as much sincerity as I could get.

“Yea, what was that about?”

“I don’t know…it was just an impulse…it wont happen again”

“Well I’m sorry too…just for what happened…I think we might break up,” she said.

“Really? Why?” I asked as my head perked up.

“If my best friend and my boyfriend cant get along then he’s not worth it…Nick I’ll always pick you first…if you think there’s something wrong with a guy I date and you don’t like him then I’ll trust your judgment,” she said and I instantly felt bad.

“It’s not that I don’t like him…I actually think he’s perfect for you, he can be there for you if you need him to…he’s everything you ever wanted in a guy…” I said but I wish I could’ve said it about myself.

I cant always be there for her like I used to be…we’re both celebrities now and it wont always be possible for us to see each other.

“I think I was just jealous…he can be there for you…I cant…and I couldn’t back then either,” I admitted and averted her gaze.

“Nick…you were always there for me when I needed you”

“And what about when I was on tour and your mom went out and didn’t come back until three days later, you were scared that she left you just like your dad did…and I wasn’t there for you”

“You were on the job, working…there’s nothing you could’ve done,” she said softly.

“Just…don’t break up with Eric if it’s because of me…if you really want to break up with him for a different reason then go ahead…I’ll back you up completely…but don’t do it because of my jealousy,” I said and she nodded.

“Okay…lets not talk about it anymore…it’s Christmas, lets talk about something else,” she said and we were silent again.

“Well I did get you something…it’s not like I forgot about getting presents for you…I just don’t know if you want it”

“Of course I want it,” she said and I smiled as I reached into my pocket.

I pulled out a dog tag and held it up by the chain so she could get a good look at it. It had her name going in a diagonal direction and it had vine decorations in the other two corners.

“Nick…I love it…put it on me,” she said as her blue eyes sparkled and I nodded.

She turned around and lifted up her hair and I put it on her. Then she turned back around to face me and she pulled out her heart locket and laid it over her shirt so both, the heart locket and dog tag laid on her chest.

“I got you something too,” she sang and reached into her pocket and then pulled out a small box that looked like it held a ring inside.

“Open it,” she urged.

So I did and inside was a guitar pick. It was two different shades of blue that blended in together perfectly and the letters ‘BBFL’ was inscribed in the pick. I rubbed my thumb over the initials.

“You, Nicholas Jerry Jonas are my BBFL!” she cheered and I laughed as she hugged me.

“Rachael I love it…thank you”

“That’s not it,” she said.

“What else is there?”

“You’ll see in a minute…first lets wait for the snow,” she said and on cue…I felt tiny wet drops fall on me.

I looked up and it was snowing. I stared up at the sky in amazement. “We can go back inside now,” she said and led me inside.

She led me over to a closet. “Shut your eyes,” she ordered and I did as I was told. “Open them,” I did and in front of me was a brand new acoustic guitar.

“It’s not some amazing electric guitar but now you have a new one to take on the road with you for when you do crazy live chats,” she said and I just stared at the guitar.

“It’s okay if you don’t like it, you could give it to a friend…but it might have to be one of your other best friends because that’s what it says on the back” she babbled as she showed me the back of the guitar where it said ‘Best Friends’ across it in fancy letters.

“Rachael…it’s amazing so stop babbling,” I said and she just smiled a smile that made my heart melt.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Christmas was great and the whole day we all just hung out and we played wiffle ball in an empty parking lot. Miley was with us at one point as well and I had given her a dog tag as well…but it was smaller than Rachael’s and it didn’t really say anything, it was just a simple dog tag that said Nick&Miley in small letters. But now I was really feeling like crap because I felt like I was leading Miley on. I don’t know what’s going on with us but it’s just not the same. What made feel even worse was the fact that i was over-joyed because we didn't see Eric once today.

Now it was 11:30 at night and Rachael and I were watching Transformers in our room as we ate popcorn.

“I told you about me and Eric…so now it’s your turn to tell me what’s going on with you and Miley,” she suddenly said.

“I don’t know…we’re just distant now…it’s not the same like how it used to be”

“Do you love her?”

“I think I did at one point…but I’m not too sure if I still do anymore…do you love Eric”

“I’m actually not sure…I haven’t decided yet…but this isn’t about me and Eric, it’s about you and Miley”

“I just don’t know…I think I might break up with her…it’s not just because I think my feelings have changed but it’s also because I feel like it’s hard to be in a relationship with her…everyone knows about us and she likes showing PDA sometimes and plus, when this tour’s over it will be hard too”

“But if you really want to be in a relationship with her then you’ll make it work” she said matter-of-factly.

She was right though…if I did want it to work then I would definitely try…but I guess a part of me didn’t want to try. If it was Rachael…that would be a whole different story.

“I want you to know though…I’ll back you up with whatever you choose…Miley is my best girl friend but I’ll still support your decision,” she said and it made me feel so much better, knowing she feels that way.

“But if you do decide to break up with her then just wait until after the holidays…we don’t need anymore stress than what we already have,” she said and I nodded.

After that, we didn’t say anything…I just continued to think about what she said when I was also trying to focus on the movie. I think I know what I want to do now.
♠ ♠ ♠
ill wait for a comment or two
and maybe a few more subscribers :)

<<333