Sequel: Into My Arms

Turn Right

The Date

My POV

I walked rachael out and as soon as she left, I shut the door, spun around and cheered and did a small dance as the rest of my family came over to me and starred like I was crazy but I didn’t care.

“Rachael and I have a date tonight. A real date!” I exclaimed and they all realized why I was so jumpy.

“Well it’s about time,” Joe commented.

“Where are you taking her?” Kevin asked and I stopped moving as my face fell.

“I don’t even know…I don’t know anything, I was just taking Joe’s advice and asking her out, I didn’t think I’d make it farther than that,” I said in a panic.

“I’m sure she’ll love going anywhere with you hon,” mom said and kissing my forehead and walking away with dad and Frankie ran off to somewhere.

“I don’t even know what I’m wearing,” I said and Kevin and Joe followed me up to my room.

“You have to stop trying so hard Nick, it’s just Rachael, it’s not like you have to try to impress her,” Joe said as I began going through all my clothes frantically.

“That doesn’t mean she doesn’t deserve to be impressed,” I snapped as I kept looking for clothes.

“He has you there bro,” Kevin said. “But still Nick, you know you could just take her out for ice cream and she’ll love it," he added.

“I know that…but I want our first official date to kind of be more than that…I’m Nick Jonas, I shouldn’t just be taking a girl I like out for just ice cream,” I said and finally decided on what to wear.

I rushed into the bathroom and began to change. “Maybe you could take her to a restaurant,” Joe suggested.

“Would that be too much…formal for Rachael?”

“Hmmm maybe…why not a movie? She’s been dying to see Prom Night with Brittany Snow” Kevin suggested.

“Yea, you know how much she loved John Tucker Must Die,” Joe added.

“Yea I guess we could do that…” I said as I adjusted my shirt and my hair…not that it would be anymore manageable than it already is.

I walked out to them and went under my bed and pulled out the box. “And plus it’s scary so you know Rachael,” Joe joked as I put on the dog tag she had given me what felt like so long ago.

“Yea,” I laughed as I remembered how she loves scary movies but is always petrified of them.

I continued to get ready and made sure everything was perfect. Then I realized it was getting close to 6:30 and I started to rush. I grabbed my cell phone and my keys and ran downstairs.

“Kevin, I need a ride,” I said.

“Sure,” he said and I grabbed a flower that I was planning on giving to her. It was a purple lilac.

A lilac means first love but I only know that because lilacs are her favorite flowers and she told me once before. I hope she doesn’t take it the wrong way and think I’m going too fast.

“Can I come?” Joe asked.

“No. Why?” I asked.

“Because I wanted to see your face drop when you see Rach,” he replied as he shot up.

“And that’s exactly why you cant come, lets go Kev,” I said and we both raced out as Joe complained.

We got in Kevin’s car and he started driving. Soon enough we got to her house and I was suddenly really nervous.

“You okay bro? Why‘d you need a ride, don’t you always walk here?”

“Yea but I didn’t want to take too much time walking…we’ll take it from here though…thanks Kev”

“No problem…text me if you need a ride home,” he said as I got out.

“Will do,” I called to him and he drove off.

I walked up to her door with my flower in hand and I felt my breathing become abnormal as I reached the door. I knocked. Anna answered with a smile.

“Hey, Nick, she’s almost ready,” she said and I nodded as Taylor and Demi came running down the stairs.

“Hey Nick, long time, no see,” Taylor said as she hugged me.

“Yea, hey Taylor, how’s everything going?”

“Pretty well. I found out I’m touring half the summer with Rascal Flatts and I’m opening up a few concerts for you guys,” she said excitedly.

“I know, I heard, I’m over excited and I cant wait…hey Demi,” I said and hugged her as well.

“Hey Nick,” she sang. “You look very nice,” she commented.

“Thanks” I laughed.

“Rachael, get down here!” Taylor yelled.

“Yea! He’s waiting!” Demi added.

“Okay, okay…he cant wait just a few more minutes?” she joked but before I could comply, she appeared at the top of the stairs and all the words left my brain.

She was wearing a simple outfit…a pair of tight jeans with a t-shirt. Her hair was wavy and I noticed she had just a little bit of eye liner and mascara.

“I hope I’m not too under dressed,” she said as she began to descend the stairs.

“No…not at all…I was planning on taking you to the movies, then get some ice cream after,” I said, carefully choosing my words.

“Sounds great,” she smiled and my breath was caught in my throat.

“This is for you,” I said, handing her the flower.

She seemed to turn white at first, but then she smiled and the color came back to her cheeks. “It’s beautiful Nick, thank you,” she said as she put her nose to it.

“We’ll take care of that,” Demi said, taking the flower from her.

“Have fun,” Taylor sang and they both raced upstairs.

“I’ll have her back in a few hours Anna,” I said.

“Take your time,” she sang and we both walked out the door.

“So what movie are we seeing?” she asked as we started walking down the street.

“Prom Night…is that alright?”

“That’s perfect…sorry about Taylor and Demi, they both wanted to hang out tonight, then I told them I couldn’t because of our date so then they came over…” she explained and I was kind of happy Miley wasn’t there…then it would way too awkward.

“Not a problem…you look beautiful tonight,” I commented, truthfully, and she blushed.

“Thank you,” she murmured.

We continued walking as I listened intently to her going on and on about how excited she was for tour and about how many song ideas shes come up with and how happy she was for Taylor. She told me about how upset she was for being apart from Miley…then quickly switched the topic to Selena Gomez, Demi‘s other best friend. I’ve met her before, she’s very sweet, in fact we went on a date back in February but decided on staying just friends. Rea talked about how talented Selena was in acting and how close they’re becoming just like her and Demi are. She mentioned how she’s upset she doesn’t get to see Taylor as much as she’d like to.

All the while, she told me all of this, I just listened…she paused a few times and waited for my input or if I wanted to talk about something about me…but I had no interest in it. I just wanted to listen to her for the moment. Then she forced questions on me even if they were most obvious. I answered them all full-heartedly and soon enough we got to the movies, just in time and I complained about not being able to drive yet. She giggled and it made me smile.

We got into the movies. I bought the ticket, the pop corn and drinks…even though she tried to pay herself…this was a date and there was no way I was letting her pay. We walked into our theater and sat down side by side, doing our best to keep low. It wasn’t awkward between us, if we talked, we talked…and if we didn’t, we didn’t…that’s just how things worked. The movie started and I was doing my best to pay attention, but it was hard to do it when I had Rea sitting right next to me. Half way through it, I did the move…I pretended to stretch and I put my arm around the back of her chair. I felt my heart beat speed just a little because of my nervousness…and when she didn’t move my arm and she leaned into me, it started beating even more. I kept calm and just acted like I was still watching the movie. I felt her cringe a few times when a ‘scary’ part came on and she was closer as I wrapped my arm around her.

After the movie, we both got up quickly and rushed out before anyone else would recognize us. We got outside and it was already kind of dark.

“So where’s Big Rob?” she asked.

“Yea, like I would bring him on our date…” I said and she giggled as I rolled my eyes at her. “I gave him the evening off," I added and he nodded. We were silent after that.

“Where are we going?” she asked.

“Just for a walk…is that okay?” I asked and she nodded.

“Are you excited for summer?” I asked.

“I’m over excited! I’m bouncing off the walls. It’s going to be my first tour and it’s with my best friends,” she said happily.

“Good…I’m glad you’re happy…”

“Hey I have an interview tomorrow…and I’m pretty sure I’m going to be asked questions about you…especially after the last few magazines…I wanted to know what it was that you didn’t want me to say,” she said timidly.

“You can say whatever you want…whatever you’re more comfortable with”

"Really?” she asked.

“Absolutely,” I replied and she nodded.

When it was with Miley, I wasn’t into the whole PDA thing…and that was really hard with her…and I like having some things private…but when it comes to Rachael, I don’t care who knows…I want the world to know that she’s mine and no one else’s. I still want some privacy but I know she does too, so whatever she says in her interviews, I’ll be fine with.

“Want some ice cream?” I asked. She was about to reply but stopped herself and smirked.

“Are you going to be paying?”

“It depends…do you want the stupid ice cream or not?” I asked and she laughed.

But before she could answer, I ran over to the ice cream cart on the board walk and asked for two cones. I ran back over to her and handed her, her mint chocolate chip.

“Thank you,” she giggled.

We continued walking and soon enough…we got back to her house and we walked up onto her porch and sat on her chair swing and covered ourselves with the blanket as we looked out into the dark sky that had stars lighting it up.

“Do you ever wish we could back in time?” she asked suddenly.

“All the time,” I replied.

“Do you ever regret becoming famous and leaving New Jersey?”

I knew the answer I wanted to say but I wasn’t sure what she wanted to hear, to be honest. “And don’t lie to me…because honestly? I don’t regret it at all…I’m very happy for you and I’m glad you left”

Okay that one hurt.

“Oh my gosh. I didn’t mean it like that,” she said immediately as she faced me. “I just meant…I’m happy for you and I’m glad that you’re living your dream and…”

“I know what you meant”, I chuckled and she was less tense.

“Can I play you a song I’ve been working on?” I asked and she nodded as she handed me her acoustic guitar that was sitting beside her.

I'm slippin' into the lava
And I'm tryin' keep from goin' under
Baby, who turned the temperature hotter?
'Cause I'm burnin' up, burnin' up for you baby
C'mon girl

I fell so fast
Can't hold myself back
High heels, red dress
All by yourself, gotta catch my breath

“That’s what I have so far…I have a little more in mind but…yea…what do you think?” I asked.

“I love it Nick…I think it’s your next hit single,” she said and winked at me as she looked up proudly.

I couldn’t help but laugh a little. With That’s What I Go To School For, she felt it being a hit…and it was…when Joe told me that he told Rea about S.O.S., he said, that she felt like it was a hit…and it was our first ever hit single…so I’ve got a good feeling about this one.

“Can I play you something now?” she asked.

“Do you always want to play me something when I play you something?”

“Yes,” was all she said. “Okay it’s not a new song but…it is about you…and I just really want to play it for you” she said slowly.

“And I’m not sure if you’ve heard it because I really don’t know if you’ve actually heard my cd or not”

“Rea, I’ve heard you sing in concert and I have your cd,” I said like it was a big secret and she giggled. Then she started playing the guitar and began singing.

You're the direction I follow
To get home
When I feel like I can't go on
You tell me to go
And it's like I can't feel a thing
Without you around
And don't mind me if I get weak in the knees
Cuz you have that affect on me
You do

Everything you say
Every time we kiss I can't think straight
But I'm ok
And I can't think of anybody else
Who I hate to miss
As much as I hate missing you

Months going strong now
And no goodbye
Unconditional, unoriginal
Always by my side
Meant to be together
Meant for no one but each other
You love me
I love you Harder so

Everything you say every time we kiss I can't think straight
But I'm okay
And I can't think of anybody else
Who I hate to miss
As much as I hate missing you

So please give me your hands
So please give me a lesson on how to steal a heart
Steal a heart as fast as you stole mine
As you stole mine

Oh and everything you say
Every time we kiss I can't think straight
And I can't think of anybody else
Who I hate to miss
As much as I hate missing you
So please give me your hands
So please just take my hand


I just wanted to kiss her…and not just because I loved her song…but because it’s been so long since the last time.

“Rea…that song was about me?” I asked and she nodded.

“What do you think?”

“Well of course I love it…I love all of your songs…and I’ve heard it before, but I didn’t know it was about me…”

“Nick, just an ‘I like it’ or ‘I don’t like it’ would suffice,” she giggled.

“Sorry,” I murmured.

“You wouldn’t even know how many songs of ours is about you,” I added quietly.

“What?” she asked. “How many? Which ones?” she laughed.

“Well…most of them are about you…but some are ones that make me think of you whenever I sing them,” I said and it seemed like her expression softened as she looked at me.

“Which ones?” she asked again, timidly, this time.

“Well...When You Look Me In The Eyes especially…6 Minuets, Underdog, Please Be Mine, obviously…Just friends, Inseparable…”

Then I felt some anger inside me. “Hold On...some newer ones like Still In Love With You and Shelf…”

I saw her expression change and I toned it down. “Hello Beautiful” I murmured.

She looked like she was in…shock? Maybe she was. I guess she didn’t realize how much she contributed when it came to my music.

“Why Underdog?…and Shelf? I don’t think I’ve heard that one,” she mentioned shyly.

“It’s not on an album yet, it’ll be on the next one…but I’m sorry to say that it reminds me of you…and Underdog, because I saw you screaming into your pillow one day and…I don’t know…I cant remember it all but I know you weren’t having a good week…and somehow it just inspired me to write the song”

“Well…I want you to know that most of my songs are about you too,” she said. "But you’ll just have to figure out which ones,” she added and I laughed.

We were silent after that. I just stared at her…not knowing what else to do.

“It’s beautiful tonight,” she said and I looked up at the stars in the sky.

“Yea…you are,” I said and smirked at her.

“You’re still as cheesy as ever,” she commented and nudged me with her shoulder and I just smiled...with my teeth showing.

“Why don’t you smile with your teeth more often? You never do it anymore. Why not just smile with your teeth at your photo shoots” she questioned suddenly and even though I knew the answer, I hesitated to answer…but I did.

“Because you’re never there,” I said in a hushed tone and she stared at me with her mouth a little open and she stared at my eyes and then at my lips.

That was when I realized how close we were to each other.

“What are you thinking about?” she asked quietly.

“How much I want to kiss you right now,” I said, in the same tone as hers, without thinking.

“Then what are you waiting for?” she said and I was taken back by her words but I didn’t complain.

I leaned in and our lips met. It reminded me of when we were ten…with fire works and magic…but this time…it was so much more…so much better. It reminded me of when we were in Canada for Camp Rock…is it possible to have more sparks now, then when we did back then? Because there were so many sparks in Canada…and I know she felt it too. She cant lie to me.

We pulled apart and I wanted to kiss her again but I didn’t want to push anything farther so I stayed in my spot, with my eyes shut. I opened them slowly and saw her eyes were shut too and then she opened them.

“Thank you for tonight Nick…I’m glad we finally had our first date,” she said.

“I’m glad too…I’ll text you tomorrow okay?” I asked.

“Of course…text me when you’re on your break at your photo shoot…or just when you have time”

“Sounds excellent,” I said and she smiled brightly at me as we both stood up.

“Good night NJ,” she sang.

“Good night Rea rea,” I said back and she laughed at our little rhyme.

Then she kissed my cheek and disappeared from behind her door. I stood there for a few seconds…taking in what just happened tonight. Then I jumped into the air and raced home. I had too much energy to even realize that I could’ve called Kevin.
♠ ♠ ♠
a little longer than normal
but very necessary ;)
comment please :)

<<333