Sequel: Into My Arms

Turn Right

An Interview Gone Wrong

Rachael’s POV

“Nick, stop it, I have to go to my interview,” I giggled.

I was in Nick’s room as we watched transformers on DVD but Anna texted and told me she was coming in a few. I stood up quickly but Nick grabbed my wrist and pulled me back so we both fell back onto his bed.

“Nick…”

"I cant come?” he asked.

“No”

“Why not?”

“Because you have things to do for the tour and plus I’m most likely going to be asked questions about you and I don’t want you there when I have to talk about you”

“I’m going to watch it anyway”

“Why?” I whined.

“Because I like to,” he said and it made me feel good inside.

“Well you cant come because while I’m at my interview, you’ll be with your brothers, preparing, now are you going to give me a kiss good bye or am I leaving without one?” I questioned.

“You‘ll never leave without a kiss good bye from me,” he said and kissed my lips with his lips lingering a little.

“Okay, I have to go,” I said as I patted his chest and stood up.

“Few more minutes?” he asked.

“I cant,” I giggled. “Race you outside,” I added before he could deny me again and he jumped up right away as I ran out of his room.

We raced down the stairs and we both jumped down the last two stairs. “Be back soon Jonas’!” I called and was about to open the door but felt a pair of arms wrap around me.

We both started pushing and shoving each other, to open the door before the other did and I realized everyone else was in the dining room, watching us, fight for dominance. Then Nick picked me up and set me down behind him and pushed me lightly, so he got the advantage, opened the door and flew out of the house.

“Cheater!” I yelled and chased out after him, tackling him onto the grass.

We rolled a few times but then he finally got me pinned down and we were both breathing heavily. “I won,” he smirked and I just laughed.

Then I pushed him off me, he took my hand and helped me up. I looked over and saw Anna in the car, smiling over at us and as soon as she saw me looking, she diverted her gaze from us to the street in front of her. “I’ll see you later," I said and kissed his cheek and went running to Anna. He stood there, smiling lightly {with no teeth} as he watched us drive off. I sighed happily and starred out the window.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We got to the place where the interview was being taken place and it was going to be in front of a live audience. I met the woman who would be interviewing me, her name’s Jane and she seemed nice enough but I was really nervous because I heard she covers every aspect of your life or at least she tries to. She likes to get to the bottom of things and she likes getting to the point.

While I waited, I hung out with some fans and I swear, I saw one or two about to cry when they first saw me. I went around, introducing myself to kids and parents, being friendly. My fans meant the world to me and I wanted to show it. It came time for the interview and the audience was filled.

“This young fifteen year old has been sweeping the nation with her brilliant talent and her first album is number 2 on the charts right now, please welcome Rachael Lewis,” she said and the crowd started to scream and cheer like crazy as I walked on stage, hugged Jane and then we both sat down in the chairs.

“Thank you so much for being on the show”

“Thank you for having me”

“Now, you’re only fifteen, and when your album came out you were fourteen, what’s it like to just be a teenager and living the life of fame and paparazzi?” she asked.

Okay, I’ve been asked this countless of times, I can handle this. “It’s crazy, just thinking how well my life has been going, I’m living the dream of so many girls and I’m just so blessed to be here now, where I am today, I’m very thankful”

“Did you ever have doubts that you couldn’t make it?”

“Oh completely! I’ve had doubts so many times, thinking I wasn’t cut out for this, or I wasn’t good enough, but I’ve had my best friends back me up the whole time so that helped a lot”

“What about your parents, were they always supportive?” Okay…deep breath, I can handle this…

“My mom’s there when I need her the most”

“And your dad?”

“He’s not around. He left me and my mom when I was little” I said and saw the audiences reactions and sighed internally.

I didn’t want my fans knowing this really but I didn’t want to lie either. “Oh I’m sorry,” she said sincerely. “Okay…new topic,”

She’s not that bad.

“You mentioned your best friends back you up, if that’s true, then what’s up with Miley Cyrus, her and Mandy haven't been very friendly with you lately”

Never mind, she is that bad. I definitely didn’t want to be talking about Miley…especially since it means it will lead to her talking about…

“Umm we’re just having some differences right now, she’s upset, I understand why…”

“Is it because of Nick Jonas?” she asked and a lot of cheers were heard.

“Why would it be because of Nick?” I asked, with a nervous laugh that I hope no one caught.

“Because they dated for two years, then you come along after three years and it’s like nothing happened between you or him and you pick up where you started”

“I wouldn’t say that…”

“Well, then you come and suddenly he’s not feeling the love for Miley anymore because you’re here…"

Okay…I cant handle this. “I cant help who he’s in love with,” I said slowly, trying to choose my words carefully.

“Would you say he loves you?”

“I don’t know why he would. In my opinion he deserves better…I wouldn’t deserve him, if we were together…”

“But why? You’re his best friend, you should get some kind of points right?”

“Maybe that’s all I can be to him. His best friend”

“Why do you think you don’t deserve him?”

“I don’t know. It’s just a feeling in my gut telling me I don’t deserve him as a boyfriend, he’s such a sweet, caring gentleman. They all are and anyone would be so incredibly lucky to date them” I said and I hadn’t realized that ever since the topic of Nick and Miley came up, my tone had been gentle and cautious, not much life in it.

“Your first album…” she started as everyone's gaze was attended to a big screen that had my cd cover appear.

It had my standing there, with my hands on my hips as I had a microphone in my hand and the wire was around the back of my neck, falling to the other side and amps were behind me. Then it flipped to the back where we saw my songs.

1. Strong
2. Over You
3. Coming Home
4. Across the Ocean
5. Emptiness
6. True Friend ft. Miley Cyrus
7. Killer Atmosphere
8. Rock N’ Roll
9. Finding You
“Now you wrote all of these yourselves, correct?” she asked.

“Yes, I did”

“And Strong has seriously been up on those charts for quite some time, care to tell us what it’s about? Because rumor has it, it’s about Nick”

“You shouldn’t believe everything you hear”

Is it about Nick?”

“Maybe it is, maybe it isn’t, it wont be coming out of my mouth”

“Well that’s okay, because we have two inside sources that told us it is about Nick,” she said with such a look, that disgusted me.

It was as if she liked embarrassing people and having everyone know their life story. My jaw dropped slightly.

“Care to explain why it’s about Nick?”

“No,” I said sternly, and tried to not seem too angry and upset.

But it was hard, just at the thought of Brittany and Kayla being behind this. “Okay…how does it feel to be in a fight with Miley right now and have the song True Friend on your album”

“It doesn’t phase me…” I said with gritted teeth. “I still love Miley with all my heart, she’s like my sister and sisters fight…”

“Did your long time boyfriend, Eric, break up with you because he found out about some feelings you started to get again for Nick?” Jane asked and I tensed up just at the thought of Eric.

Even though I was with Nick now and I’m over joyed at the fact Eric and I broke up…it still hurts because I did have feelings for him at one point.

“It just didn’t work out for me and Eric…he didn’t understand how I was going to be busy all the time and how I just needed time with my friends or how I would be working with other guys…”

“What’s Killer Atmosphere about?” she said quickly.

“It’s more of a party song”

The interview continued…I really didn’t like this woman.

Nick’s POV

Soon, I was going to have to go out and do who knows what for this tour but before that, Rachael was on t.v. and I was going to watch. I sat on the edge of my bed as I turned the t.v. on and it was already on the channel. I caught it just in time to see her sit down beside Jane. I watched as Rachael talked about her doubts, her parents, Miley and Mandy making that video that rotten was all about Rachael. Yea, they made a new one recently and they dissed Rachael’s clothes, makeup, features such as her eyes and her hair and how they thought she had some disease because of how skinny she was. They pretty much implied that she was anorexic but none of what they said was true at all! Her eyes shine like there’s no tomorrow and her hair is so beautiful and soft, I adore it. This video was a horrible thing…and I could tell Rachael was very uncomfortable and uneasy talking about it. She was very upset when this video aired on youtube, even though she doesn’t show it, she’s very hurt, and I know she is. Her and Miley were best friends, I hate to say it but Miley helped Rachael get over me and she was there for her when I couldn’t be…and when I was the last person on Earth, that Rachael wanted to see.

Demi and Selena made a video just as bad though…I found it kind of funny…Joe, Kevin and I all looked it up and saw it had so many more views that Miley and Mandy’s did. It included Selena throwing on a wig {it was red but it represented blond} and she started making fun of “Hannah’s” moves while Demi threw on some weird clothes and “danced” around, acting like “Hannah’s” backup dancer {Mandy}. It was definitely funny. They also talked about them too, the way they acted mostly. They tried not to talk directly about them {even though it was obvious} but Miley and Mandy definitely dropped Rachael’s name a few times, “accidentally”. I tried to keep Rea distracted from the video feud because at first she didn’t know about Miley and Mandy’s new video, but then she found out and was hiding her devastation but once I got her alone, she told me how upset and angry she was…and then that’s when Demi and Selena came in. Rea didn’t like the idea of Selena and Demi possibly getting in trouble by getting involved but that wouldn’t have stopped them, they’re way better friends to Rach than Miley so I’m kind of glad they did it.

I caught up in my own thoughts of the whole incident…until I heard my name come into the conversation. “Is it because of Nick Jonas?”

“Nick come on, we have to…” Joe started to say as him and Kevin walked in.

“Shhh!” I hushed them quickly and he was about to argue but shut up when he realized what my eyes were so focused on. They both came in, shut the door and sat on both sides of me.

“Why would it be because of Nick?” Rea asked, with a nervous laugh that I definitely caught but maybe {hopefully} no one else did.

“Because they dated for two years, then you come along after three years and it’s like nothing happened between you or him and you pick up where you started”

“I wouldn’t say that…”

“Well, then you come and suddenly, he’s not feeling the love for Miley anymore because you’re here…” Come On Rea…you can do it.

“I cant help who he’s in love with” she said slowly and I could tell she was trying really hard not to say the wrong thing.

“Would you say he loves you?” I do.

“I don’t know why he would. In my opinion he deserves better…I wouldn’t deserve him, if we were together…”

“But why? You’re his best friend, you should get some kind of points right?”

“Maybe that’s all I can be to him. His best friend”

“Why do you think you don’t deserve him?”

“I don’t know. It’s just a feeling in my gut telling me I don’t deserve him as a boyfriend, he’s such a sweet, caring gentleman. They all are and anyone would be so incredibly lucky to date them,” she finished the sentence.

Everything was silent in the room after that with the voices of Jane and Rachael, filling the room with talk about her album.

“And Strong has seriously been up on those charts for quite some time, care to tell us what it’s about? Because rumor has it, it’s about Nick”

“You shouldn’t believe everything you hear,” I could hear the bitterness in Rea’s tone.

Is it about Nick?”

“Maybe it is, maybe it isn’t, it wont be coming out of my mouth”

“Well that’s okay, because we have two inside sources that told us it is about Nick”

My jaw dropped as Kevin and Joe‘s did the same. Brittany and Kayla. I’ve known that, that song was about me but just hearing everyone mention it in front of my face, {even if they don’t realize it} hurts. I stared at the woman’s face as she smirked at the comment and it bothered me so much by how Rea had to sit there and listen to her…I couldn’t help but feel like I recognized that face…then it came to me. She was Kayla’s aunt. Rach never met her but I did…once. I don’t know why I never realized it…probably because I don’t watch her interviews, and she’s never interviewed me…now she’s never going to. Kayla put her up to this. This isn’t fair for Rach and I hate the fact I cant do anything about it.

“Care to explain why it’s about Nick?”

“No,” she said sternly.

“Okay…how does it feel to be in a fight with Miley right now and have the song True Friend on your album”

“It doesn’t phase me…” she said and I could tell her temper was rising.

“Keep it cool Rachael…almost done,” I murmured and even though I’m pretty sure Kevin and Joe heard me, they didn’t say anything because they were most likely thinking the same thing.

“I still love Miley with all my heart, she’s like my sister and sisters fight…” she added with annoyance in her tone.

“Did your long time boyfriend, Eric, break up with you because he found out about some feelings you started to get again for Nick?” Jane asked and I tensed up just at the thought of Eric.

I didn’t like him…even though I had no reason not to like him, besides the fact that he had the girl I would do anything for. But even though I didn’t like him, doesn’t mean I wanted him to hurt Rachael the way he did…just breaking up with her out of no where like that wasn’t right…even when she continued giving the second chances. I would never be able to live with myself if I hurt her in any way.

“It just didn’t work out for me and Eric…he didn’t understand how I was going to be busy all the time and how I just needed time with my friends or how I would be working with other guys…” she said and I saw the way she was trying to hide her smile because I knew she was talking about me.

She was talking about me! No one else…that I know of anyway.

The interview continued, talking about touring, Demi, Selena and Taylor, her new album that I’m helping her with…but she didn’t mention me of course and I don’t blame her one bit. Once it ended, I turned the tv off and it was silent.

“Boys!” dad called.

“Coming dad!” Kev yelled back.

“Why would she have doubts about me…she thinks she doesn’t deserve me? I think I don’t deserve her, sometimes I just don’t understand her” I admitted, fully heated.

“It’s okay man, calm down, you know Rachael, she has a reason for all of her thoughts and actions,” Kevin said.

“Yea, don’t get all worked about this interview, it’s just one interview gone bad because the interviewer is a nut job,” Joe added.

And she’s Kayla’s aunt, I added in my head.

“Come on, lets just go see what dad wants and you can go see her at her photo shoot,” Kevin suggested and I liked that idea a lot. Leave it to Kevin to know what to do.
♠ ♠ ♠
a little long
but let me know what u think :)

<<333