Sequel: Into My Arms

Turn Right

It Means Something

Tour started. It was an amazing start. We had sold out concerts all over the place. Every night I opened for them but it wasn’t just me, it started with Avril Lavigne on tour with us, opening with a few songs and then I’d open with a few songs as well. She was really cool but she only did just a few concerts. Now it’s July 19th and we’re in Denver, heading to the next venue and Avril left three or four concerts ago so it‘s just been me, but no one would tell me who was opening with me for the next few concerts. I was on the tour bus, with my ear buds in, blasting some Boys Like Girls, in the “kitchen” sitting at the small, square table off to the side, by the window. I was doing some homework. I don’t know where Nick was but he should’ve been really doing the same thing.

Anna, Paul and Denise were on one of our other busses that was our ‘Band In A Bus’ and they were doing some recording business that I really could care less about. I tried to focus on my homework but for some reason, I just couldn’t. I’ve been so stressed lately…and plus my mind’s wrapped around Nick. But everything with Miley, Mandy, Selena and Demi got even bigger, and everyone knows about it. It’s ridiculous. The other day, Kevin actually wore a T-shirt that said Team Demi and Selena…that was funny. Rumors of Nick cheating on me have risen already. It’s been just a little over a month since we got back together…okay it’s been a month, two weeks and five days…but who’s counting? Everyone thinks he might be cheating on me…with Selena. Yes. Selena. It’s so stupid. I know they went out like back in February but they arent anymore and that’s all that matters and they’re bringing it up now, only because she appeared in the Burnin up music video and I didn’t. I was supposed to too! But I didn’t because Anna said that if I did, it would just enforce the fact that we’re together and we’ve been trying really hard to keep private and to ourselves. I don’t get why we don’t just act like a normal couple…but I understand where they’re all coming from…and I want to respect the fact that Nick likes things to be private…because I’m actually the same way but sometimes it just gets so annoying. I’ve been texting Taylor a lot more lately. Now that she actually has the time. Her and Joe have been getting cozy too…I think I like the idea of them getting together.

Nick plopped down in a chair in front of me, on the other side of the table and smiled a smile that made me melt. Speak of the devil. I took out one ear bud to acknowledge his presence as I noticed his school books, with him and I just smirked. No words were being spoken but it was like we were having a silent conversation and I wasn’t even sure what it was…but I understood it all. Now I really wouldn’t be able to focus. He stared at me the whole time while he flipped the pages of his text book slowly. I tried to keep my eyes down and focused on my work but he just kept staring at me…and he knew it bugged me when people just stared at me, not saying anything.

“Can I help you?” I asked as I took out my other ear bud and set my ipod on the table since I knew he wouldn’t be leaving anytime soon.

“Nope. I’m perfectly fine,” he said.

We stared at each other for a few more seconds and I tried not to smile but one was playing at my lips. “Why don’t you take a picture. It lasts longer,” I said as I looked down, going back to my little doodle/writing on my notebook, which was hidden from other eyes.

Then I heard a click. I looked up and saw he took a picture of me with his phone. “Ha. Ha you’re so funny” I made a face. “Nick. I have to do my homework….and you should do yours too,” I said.

He sighed. “Why are you so stressed all of a sudden?” he asked and I just stared at him.

I knew what I wanted to say but when I looked into his eyes, the words vanished. “You need to loosen up some more,” he added.

I just stared at him in awe. I loved this side of him. The side that was just so ‘go with the flow’. Usually it was more Joe’s style but on the inside Nick is just as out-going and ‘go with the flow’ as Joe is.

When he noticed I was just admiring him, he smiled at me and started to stare as well. “How long can two people just stare at each other, saying nothing,” a voice said and we both turned out heads to look at Frankie who was standing there with Joe and Kevin who were smirking.

“With Nick and Rachael, you can never tell,” Frankie commented.

“Oooo what’s this?” Joe sang as he jumped forward and grabbed my notebook before I could.

“Nick with hearts around it, Nick in the middle of a heart, Nick written above clouds…” he began to describe what was on it as Nick was trying his hardest not to laugh.

“Give that back!” I shrieked as I jumped up and he ran down the hallway and when he got to the end, he ran into Denise and Paul’s room and locked the door.

“Joseph Adam Jonas, open this door!” I yelled.

“Rachael hearts Nick, Rachael hearts Nick,” he sang and I was steaming…but yea it was kind of funny.

“Hey, hey, hey what’s going on here?” a deep voice boomed. Big Rob came out of the bathroom…I forgot he was in the shower.

“Joe took my notebook,” I tattled in a little five year old tone.

“Joseph, open the door, or I‘ll bust it down,” he ordered and Joe obeyed.

Big Rob just gave Joe a look and he gave me back the book. Then I felt the bus come to a stop. I spun around and ran, grabbing his cell phone from his bunk on the way.

“Hey!” he yelled as he chased after me.

“Oh look. Joe and Taylor were texting last night,” I said nonchalantly as I ran toward the big building and Joe was quickly following behind me.

“From Joe; I miss ya Tay, wish we could see each other sooner, awe,” I cooed as I looked over my shoulder and saw he was mad red with blush and Nick, Frankie and Kevin were laughing hysterically as they followed us and Big Rob came quickly.

“From Joe: Tomorrow cant come soon enough. I cant wait to see you,” I read and I was a little confused.

But then I stopped short and analyzed the text. Then Joe ran into me and we flew down the recently waxed hall way and stopped in front of a door. I looked up as it opened and saw Taylor standing there.

“Hey guys,” she giggled.

“Taylor!” I exclaimed as I jumped up and hugged her as we jumped around, squealing like the teenage girls we are.

“Oh my gosh! You’re here!” I exclaimed.

“We have so much to catch up on!” she exclaimed as well.

Then Nick, Kevin and Big Rob all casually walked over to us. “That wasn’t a smart move Rea. You cant just go running off,” Nick said in a hushed tone as he got to my side.

Isn’t it funny how Big Rob just laughs at my motions but Nick gets all protective. Big Rob isn’t my body guard so he has no reason to be on duty for me but Nick thinks I should have a body guard…I see no reason for it, I’m always with him or Anna and nothing really happens. Nick just gets too protective sometimes and I cant even be mad at him for it! I get so aggravated with myself because I cant say no to him and I cant stay mad at him. Just when I think I’m about to come out and scold him for being so over protective with me, he slips his hand around mine and gives it a loving squeeze.

“Sorry,” I murmured. “It’s his fault though! He was being a jerk!” I accused and pouted and Taylor’s jaw dropped in a joking manner.

“You were being a jerk to my best friend, your brothers girlfriend?” she said as she smacked Joe’s arm and put her hands on her hips.

He began to stammer but I felt myself blushing because Taylor called me Nick’s girlfriend. Yea, it’s been a month, two weeks and five days since we got together but he still hasn’t asked me to be his girlfriend…again. I wasn’t sure how he felt about asking me…but I wasn’t even sure about how I felt about it. I guess I’m already considered his girlfriend…but it’s just not official. I think Nick noticed my absence from everything because he applied light pressure to my hand he was still holding and it caused me to look at him. He looked into my eyes for just a moment, before speaking,

“We’ll meet you guys at the dressing room,” he said and without anyone consent, he started to lead me down the hallway.

Kevin was there, texting on his phone while Big Rob acting like the security man he is and Joe continued stammering but he soon got his words together and they had a conversation going filled with Taylor’s giggles. I’ll let her flirt and then we’ll talk later.

We came up to a door that said Jonas Brothers on it, he turned the knob and we walked in and then shut the door. “You okay?” he asked me.

“Yea…I’m fine” I lied…but he saw right through it and just smiled.

“It’s because Taylor addressed you as my girlfriend,” he sang like it was no big deal. I blushed a deep red.

“Nooooo,” I said as I made a face.

“Do you want to be my girlfriend?” he asked and I felt butterflies.

“I don’t know,” I said shyly. “We already act like it,” I added.

“Yes but if I were to ask you to be my girlfriend would it be too soon?” he asked and now his expression was caring and considerate.

I stared at him for a few seconds as he watched me patiently. “I guess not,” I said quietly and I saw the happiness that was in his eyes.

“So Rachael…will you be my girlfriend…again?” he asked as he pulled out a lavender rose right from behind his back.

My eyes bugged as I looked around him to see how he did that and saw there was a small table behind him with a small vase. He planned this. Then he was also holding up my dog tag he gave me for Christmas but this time it was different. It still had my name going down diagonally but this time on the back, it had said Nick+Rachael=Nachael 4ever and I gasped as my hand flew up to my neck, realizing it wasn’t around me.

“How did you even get this off me,” I asked as he placed it in my hand and I looked at it in awe. I never take this thing off. “Well it wasn’t easy, that’s for sure,” was all he said as he took it back and unclasped it.

I turned around and he put it on me. Then I spun back around to face him as I touched the improved dog tag which laid above my shirt while my heart locket was inside my shirt.

“Nick I love it…thank you,” I said and hugged him.

“And the flower’s beautiful,” I said as I took the flower from him. But then as he continued to stare at me, I knew he was waiting for something.

“It means something, doesn’t it,” I said slowly.

“Yes it does…I’m surprised you don’t know this one…I guess you‘ll just have to figure that one out on your own,” he said and as if on cue, Joe and Kevin came walking in with Big Rob, Paul, Denise and Frankie.

“The band’s doing a run through on some stuff, to make sure everything’s running smoothly, but you all have to get ready, Rachael, Anna’s in your room with Taylor, waiting,” Paul explained.

“Okay…. see you guys in a few,” I sang as I walked out with my flower.
♠ ♠ ♠
<<333