Sequel: Into My Arms

Turn Right

Across The Ocean

It was a long night, but still not over. We put on smiles for the fans waiting outside the arena, signed autographs and took pictures. Taylor went to her own bus and when we all got onto our bus, we were heading to the hotel and Frankie was hyper, while Denise was trying to calm him down, Paul was talking to the driver about something. Joe was in his bunk most likely talking to Taylor on the phone and Kevin was in his bunk most likely talking to Danielle on the phone. Which left me…on the couch in the ‘living room’ with Nick staring at me as he got a water bottle from the fridge and he had a smirk on his face which caused my face to get warm. I played with the dog tag between my fingers. I felt my phone vibrate and saw it was from Taylor.

Has he said anything about the song?

I hit reply.

Not yet…but he just keeps staring at me with a smirk on his face like the freak he is


I hit send…but then two minutes later I felt it vibrate again…but this time it was from Nick.

Who you talkin to?


I looked up and saw him still smirking at me as he sat on the counter.

Taylor…why r u staring at me you creeper :P

He continued to smirk at me as he looked at his phone and typed. Then I felt it vibrate.

I like your song you sang tonight…the one about me…the good one

Faith? What? You don’t like any of my other songs??

Of course I do, but that one is about me and it’s a good one

How do you know none of my other ones are good and about you??

Well are there any good ones about me?

Across the Ocean is a good one and I thought about you when I was writing it

You’ve never actually sang Across the Ocean for me before

Before I could reply, the bus stopped and we were in front of the hotel. Big Rob got us all off the bus and into the hotel. Nick and I were sharing a room, Joe got his own room and so did Kevin. Then Frankie was with Paul and Denise. I took a quick shower, changed into my pajamas, brushed my teeth and put my hair up in a high pony tail. Then I walked out, passed Nick, he kissed me quickly and then headed off into the bathroom. I threw on one of his sweatshirts and took in his scent. Then I grabbed Nick’s acoustic guitar that was laying on his bed, and I sat on my bed, cross-legged and I began playing a small tune.

“What are you playing?” he asked as he came out, drying his hair with his pajama pants on with no shirt.

“You asked me to play Across the Ocean for you…this is the real version…without all the sound effects and technical stuff” I told him as he put on a white T-shirt and sat down in front of me.

So many years gone by
Still no reason why
I should be mad at you
And even when the stars forget to shine
You’ll still be here in time
And I thought you should know

I know you’re out there
Somewhere across the ocean
And I know you probably wont care
But I miss you so…
Hurry back to me
Cuz it’s your strength that I need
And I cant get it when your…
Over there, across the ocean

“It’s not my best song but I wrote it around the time you went on your tours, and the record liked it…and even though you were just across the country, I felt like using ocean would give it more meaning,” I laughed lightly.

“It does…I like the acoustic version better…you should put it on your next album,” he said and I just smiled. He leaned forward and kissed me.

When we pulled away I whispered, “What does the flower mean?” He just chuckled.

“Figure it out,” he whispered back and…honestly…it kind of turned me on. “Good night Rea,” he added and went over to his bed, shut the lights off…and that was it…end of discussion.
♠ ♠ ♠
short but necessary
i wrote those lyrics
lol please be nice. it was an "on the spot" kind of moment

<<333