Sequel: Into My Arms

Turn Right

First Love

Nick is finally sixteen and he has his license with a car to go with it. We’ve already went out to test it out and it’s amazing. I love just being able to go out with Nick and have no one else around…except Big Rob…he still keeps a good eye on us when we go out. It’s December now, and everything has been so hectic between interviews, doing concerts, guest starring on shows. I was in a CSI episode, it was so exciting….and through all this busy schedule stuff, Nick and I still find time for each other, even if it means just talking on the phone. I hang out with Demi and Selena just as much, maybe more, they’re always there for me. I rarely see Taylor anymore and I’m really upset by it and I see Miley just as much as I used to. I’m really trying to get Nick and Miley back as friends, but it’s harder than it seems. In November, I sang in the Macy’s Day Parade and Anna and I had Thanksgiving with the Jonas’, I don’t even want to know what mom was up to…that’s how bad its gotten.

“So are you excited for next week?” Nick asked me over the phone.

“Next week? What’s next week?” I asked as I was going through all of my songs that were options for my second album. “I’m trying to decide which songs should go on my next album,” I stated.

“Rea, you’re so busy, you forgot your sixteenth birthday is next week,” he said and I dropped all the papers.

“Oh my gosh, I completely forgot!”

“How could you forget your own birthday?”

“I don’t know, I’ve just been so busy lately…”

“Well I wanted to know if you were busy the day before your birthday” he asked.

“Hmm no I’m not, why?” I asked.

“Cant tell, it’s a secret,” he said and I heard the smile on his face.

Then I started going though all my stuff on my bed again and I saw something about Honor Society. “Hey I just got a brilliant idea,” I said.

“Please share”

“Well what if for your tour next summer, you helped out Honor Society get more publicity because you know that they’re on there way to the top…they just need a push in the right direction” I suggested.

“That’s a great idea, I’ll definitely run it by dad…”

We continued talking. I had a really good feeling about Honor Society and there was no way I was going to let them miss an opportunity like this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Next week:
Nick’s POV


Okay I have to admit that I’m kind of excited to see Rachael for our lunch date today. Not only will tomorrow be her sixteenth birthday, but it will also be the same day (four years later) that I told her I liked her, and the day I played Please Be Mine for her. We got to the restaurant and we were seated. We ordered and we started talking. I listened intently as she told me what she’s been up to and I couldn’t help analyze everything she said…but I also couldn’t help but notice the way she was acting when she wasn’t talking. She put on a smile…but I saw right through it. Once she finished, we both laughed and our food came out as we started eating.

As we ate, she got me telling her what I’ve been up to and it was kind of a lot…it took up the whole time. I didn’t want to occupy our time with me talking, but she urged me to continue so I did. I just didn’t want her to get bored…but she wasn’t. Then our waiter came out with chocolate covered strawberries and her face lit up. I excused myself to go into the bathroom and check my blood sugar. I went back out and saw her waiting for me to start eating them. I sat down, smiled and she took one. As we ate them…I noticed her expression changed slightly…she let her guard down.

“Rea…what’s wrong?” I asked and she looked like she sighed. She knew I was gonna ask.

“My dad sent me a letter telling me he’s coming to California soon to see me,” she said suddenly. I just starred at her, trying to read her expression. “I don’t know when…but he’s coming,” she added as she avoided my eyes.

Her dad was always a tough topic to talk about with her…she didn’t like it. “Well he’s not here yet so don’t stress about it,” I said, trying to comfort her. I cleared my throat. “…umm I did have a reason for taking you out tonight,” I said nervously.

“It wasn’t just because I’m amazing?” she asked as she tilted her head to the side…I’ll never stop loving that. I smiled.

“Well tomorrow…four years ago…is the day I played Please Be Mine for you…” I started saying and I saw her expression became serious as I kept smiling like an idiot. “And it’s the day I told you that I liked you,” I added, pulling out a small box with a lilac and placed the lilac on top of the box as I placed it on the table.

“Happy almost four year anniversary…and happy early birthday,” I smiled.

“Nick…I didn’t think we were counting that day”

“You may not be…but I am,” I said as I watched her patiently.

She picked up the lilac. It was her favorite flower when we were little. It meant first love…and I know she knew. She opened the box and took out the small silver ring that had the words First Love engraved in it.

“Nick…it’s beautiful…I love it,” she said and looked at me in a way that caused my heart to start beating faster. She put it on her right ring finger and it fit perfectly.

She leaned over and kissed me. “Come on, there are more of those where we’re going next,” I said, referring to the strawberries as I took her hand and led her out the door, after paying the bill.

“And where is that?” she asked but I didn’t answer.

Big Rob was close by as he helped us push through paparazzi that appeared out of no where. We got to my car and I started driving. Soon enough we got to a hotel.

“Nick, what are we doing here?” she giggled.

“Do you trust me?” was all I asked.

“Of course I do”

“Then come on,” I said and we both got out.

Then I took her hand and we rushed inside. We ran into the elevator. “Nick what’s going on,” she giggled. “You’ll see,” I said again as I started to lose patience and I started bouncing around a little.

Once we got to the 23rd floor, we ran out and I led her to the two big doors at the end of the hallway. I told her to shut her eyes and she did. Then I opened the doors, got behind her, covered her eyes with my hands and walked her inside.

When I let go, streamers flew everywhere, balloons popped and everyone cheered “Surprise!”.

“Nick…a surprise party? This was un-necessary,” she laughed.

“Rea, it’s your sweet sixteen…now go say hi to your guests,” I urged and she kissed me before walking away.

From the looks of things, it seemed like everyone who was invited was here…Demi, Selena, Cody, David, most of the Camp Rock cast, Miley and Mandy came too…I even got Taylor to show up. I know Rea has been kind of upset about not seeing Taylor a lot so I made her come. Honor Society was there too. It was a good thing this room was huge because we had a lot of friends here. There was music playing and everyone was talking. As I stopped by a snack table to get a drink, I saw Rachael was talking to Miley, Selena and Demi…all at once! Knowing Rachael, she most likely got them all to be friendly toward each other. Anna, mom, dad, Billy Ray, Trish, Mrs. Lovato, Mr. and Mrs. Gomez all stopped by to wish Rachael a happy birthday but then left…once we agreed to keep body guards near by. Frankie was at a friends house for the night.

There were multiple doors that led to big balconies outside and there was a sun roof so the moon came through and I caught Rachael admiring the light it gave off. We sang happy birthday to her and the cake was really big and it had a picture of her new car on it…when she found that out, she ran outside to one of the balconies and saw it down in the parking lot waiting for her with a big bow on it. It was a shining dark blue convertible.

As the party went on, I saw Rachael go outside to one of the balconies…so I followed her. “Hey…you okay?” I asked.

She smiled at me and then looked back at the sky as she leaned on the edge of the wall and I joined her. “Yea…just thinking about home…this is going to be my first birthday without snow,” she laughed half heartedly but I know it was fake.

“Thank you for today Nick” she added before I could say anything.

“It wasn’t a problem…I love you Rachael” I said as I got her to face me.

I kissed her.
♠ ♠ ♠
<<333