Sequel: Into My Arms

Turn Right

Home Sick

Rachael’s POV

Okay…so…yes, I feel terrible about what went down between me and Nick…I think it would be best for both of us to avoid each other on this day. It’s been a little over a month since then, it’s almost April now and it’s already raining all the time. I don’t have a problem with it though. I love the rain. I think it’s so beautiful when it falls from the ground onto the pavement and when it falls into puddles and lakes. In February Nick, Joe and Kevin’s 3D movie hit theaters, I found out that the concert where Taylor, Joe, Nick and I sang ‘Should’ve Said No‘, all together is in the movie…so it has some pretty intense shots of me and Nick, and of Joe and Taylor. The guys were going across the country into movie theaters to surprise fans and I went too but ignored Nick and gave him the silent treatment…but he just kept smiling at me, trying to get me to talk to him.

I told Demi and Selena about what happened…I told Miley too. She’s much better with the whole thing…especially since she has her new underwear model around. I met him, we all hung out a few times and he’s nice toward me…but I have to admit it does feel weird hanging around a twenty year old. Kevin is twenty-two and even though he’s 2008’s World’s Sexiest Man, he’s no under wear model and he’s not my best friend’s boyfriend {even though Danielle and I have become super close, I text her whenever I can}. I haven’t told Taylor because…well because we’ve kind of lost touch. We got into a fight…it was about Joe…and Nick…but mostly about Joe. Ever since the fight, we haven’t spoken a word…and the paparazzi have been having a frenzy. My best friend and I had a fight about guys, that’s not something I would do…okay, yes I know Nick was right. Everything lately has not been me at all…I knew that the day he went on his rant…but I’m just too stubborn to let it go.

I’ve lost contact with Anna because she’s in a zone where we cant text or call because she has no service for long distance. Dad has been staying at a hotel nearby. He tries to get in touch with me but he doesn’t know where mom and I live, he only has our numbers. Mom doesn’t like the fact that he’s around…she hates it actually…but one day, when mom and I were actually spending time together walking around {which is today} he shows up. The day that was going just fine without any problems…

Mom and I were in Starbucks…then he walks in…and immediately they go at it, yelling at each other. I left right away, I didn’t need anymore drama right now. As I was driving around I was thinking. My father is in town…I cant get in touch with my real manager, my replacement one wont leave me alone with text messages and voicemails telling me about my album recording, photo shoots, tv and movie auditions, and even though I filmed my Gossip Girl episode, she still has me on this stupid diet! I’m mad at my boyfriend, I’ve lost contact with one of my best friends…I cant take it all at once.

I drove to Miley’s house…by the time I got there, I had tears rolling down my cheeks. I walked up to the door and lucky for me…Miley answered. “Rach what’s…” before she even finished, she pulled me inside and hugged me tight as I hugged her back.

“I need a break Miles…I don’t know what to do,” I whispered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Miley and I packed some clothes, got on a private jet and left California right away. The only people that know we left are the Cyrus'. We told Billy Ray and Tish we were leaving just for a few days and thankfully they trusted us to go alone. A trip back home was just what I needed. I would’ve felt better if we were going to New Jersey but I think maybe going back to Tennessee would be better for me...I'm really happy Miley's coming too. I know she's been crazy busy too lately so maybe this will be good for her too.

The flight wasn’t long but it gave me enough time to tell Miley what was going on lately. We finally landed, got a rental car and Miley started driving us. We got to the old Cyrus house where her grandparents were and they welcomed us in...Billy Ray must have called them. We went up to our rooms, set our things down and Miley had to talk to her grandparents for a minute so I walked out back. There was the barn I remember so well. I stood there for a few minutes before a horse flew past me. She was beautiful. I stared in awe.

"You really must need a vacation if you can't even recognize your own horse," Miley said as she crossed her arms as she got to my side.

"Faith?" I questioned out loud as she trotted over to me with elegance.

I held my hand up and she nuzzled her nose into my hand. I looked into her eyes and pet her mane...how could I be so stupid?

Then she turned her head and galloped over to another horse and they started to hug in a horse kind of way. "Who's her new Beau?" Miles questioned.

"You must be in need of a vacation as well if you can't tell that that other horse is yours," her grandma said.

"What? That‘s Tyrus," she said in disbelief.

"Looks like we both needed a break," I commented.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We both saddled up and rode our horses. I missed this feeling so much, the feeling of not having a care in the world…the feeling of flying. After hours of just riding our horses, we went in for dinner and then Miley and I went up to her room and changed into our pajama pants and spaghetti strap shirts. We painted each others nails and actually hung out the way we used to. We haven’t done this in a long time. We were just talking. We’ve talked a lot before but not like this. The last time we did this, was probably when we lived here together. We talked about boys (like most girls do) and the funny thing is, none of what we said was directed at Nick or Justin. Eventually we fell asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning, we went downstairs and smelled the wonderful breakfast her grandparents were making. The door bell rang. “I got it,” Miley sang as she skipped over to the door. We heard her open it but we couldn’t hear her talking…I looked behind me and saw she was wide-eyed.

“Hey Miles,” a familiar voice said.

“Rachael…it’s for you,” she said and I stood up cautiously and walked over to her.

She stepped to the side, and there standing in front of me was Nick. “Hey there Rea,” he smiled as he kept his hands in his pockets.

“Nick…” was all that was managed to come out.

“Can we talk?” he asked.

I looked at Miley as she gave me a look saying only if you want to then I looked back at him and nodded. I walked out to him and he followed me as we walked around back.

“What are you doing here Nick?” I asked as I realized we were walking slower.

My tone wasn’t bad, it was gentle and kind of excited/hopeful. He chuckled lightly.

“Billy Ray called the house asking for me, the house was so silent…I got the phone from mom and he told me he was worried about you…he said you and Miley took a jet to Tennessee for some time off but he wanted to let me know to make sure everything was okay…it was definitely an awkward moment,” he said and I laughed.

“So tell me…what’s up Rea?” he asked, now the humor was gone but he was concerned.

“I don’t know…you were right…Erica’s an old hag,”

He laughed.

“I never called her an old hag” he smiled with teeth.

“I know…but it’s true…shes been throwing me so many projects at once, I couldn’t deal with it all…and I haven’t had any say in what I wanted to do…you were right…and I’m sorry…about it all,” I laughed lightly as I caressed his cheek and he chuckled lightly as we stopped walking to face each other.

“It’s alright…I just wish you would’ve came to me to talk about all of this…and this diet thing has got to stop” he said seriously.

“I know…I was stupid to do what she told me…that’s why I don’t listen to people,” I said and made a face so he smiled.

“So we’re not mad at each other anymore?” I asked hopefully.

“I was never made at you Rea”

“I know…and I hate you for it, you make it so impossible to stay mad at you,” I said and punched his arm slightly.

“Anna’s coming home I think,” he mentioned.

“What? Why? She still has like two more weeks until her break”

“She found out about you going MIA, so she should be up in the sky right now,” he said and I went into thought.

I was happy she was coming back but I wish it wasn’t because of me. “Come on, I want to show you someone” I said as I took his hand and pulled him along and we got to the barn.

I walked him over to Faith’s stall. “This is Faith…” I said and she made a pleasant sound toward me but then just continued to stare at Nick.

“Is she going to attack me?” he whispered and she pretended to think.

“Hmm not sure…lets find out,” I said and unlocked the gate so Faith took a few steps toward Nick as he showed no sign of fear.

Then she made a pleasant sound toward him as well and set her neck on his shoulder as he laughed and pet her mane. I smiled brightly.

“Would you like to ride her?” I asked as I put her saddle on.

“What umm I don’t think…”

“Oh come on Nicky,” I joked as I put a helmet on his head.

“Okay, you can ride Tyrus instead,” I said and his eyes just grew as I got Tyrus out of his stall and put his saddle on.

I got on Faith and then Nick got Tyrus used to him before he got on like a pro. I stared in amazement. “What?” he asked.

“Nothing,” I smiled. “Come on,” I said and he followed me out of the barn.

We started riding side by side and we began racing around. I watched in awe at Nick as he controlled Tyrus so well. I didn’t even know he knew how to ride. I looked to the side and saw Miley smiling at us as she was reading on the deck.
♠ ♠ ♠
<<333