Sequel: How It Should Be

How We Operate

11:00

Wednesday was a lazy day. Violet was sent home before lunch and at promptly 12:02 she received a call from Henry.

"So my itinerary is finalized," Henry said after pleasantries were exchanged. "I'm going to arrive Saturday afternoon, have Sunday free, and then two meetings, one Monday, one Tuesday, both in the morning. Then on Tuesday afternoon I'm back home."

"So obviously we're going to the game Saturday night. On Monday we can go to dinner and catch the game on TV-"

"Really? You're not going to ditch me for the game?" Henry laughed.

"Ha! No. I'm tempted to but if I take our tickets Saturday it's only fair Matthew gets both tickets Monday. Maybe Sunday you want to spend the day together and hit up all our old haunts?"

"Is that code for asking me to take you to the Zoo?" She heard Henry chuckle. Violet felt herself blush. Gosh! Why do you blush so much?

"Well, Hennifer, I just think it's something we should do...You know I love the Giraffes."

"Yes. Those and sharks. I guess I'll take you to the aquarium too, seeing as they're right next to each other. Gosh, Vi, such a weird child you are."

"Oh don't act like you don't love the zoo!" Violet laughed.

"Yes, but you're the only person I'll admit it to. I like the zoo with all the smelly animals. And it's all your fault because when we dated we went to the zoo like once a month."

"You completely indulged me."

"I wanted to sleep with you." Henry laughed. "And we always slept together after the zoo. Except for the first time." Violet smiled, thinking back on the memory.

"Good, so we'll go to my seconda and third favorite places in Pittsburgh-"

"What is the first one?"

"Mellon! Are you kidding me?" Violet listened as Henry pretend admonished himself for asking such a dumb question. "And then we can go to Larry's. I wonder if that bartender we used to play those fire games still works there. What was his name? Jonah or something?"

"I think it was Josh. Something with a J. Yeah sounds good. I'll call you again when I get to my hotel." Violet complied with the plan and hung up her phone. Tonight she was going to laze about and convince Matt to make macaroni and cheese. It was a good day.

******************************************************************

Thursday was not a good day. Violet's room still wasn't clean so she still had on Matt's Malkin jersey. Not that she had a problem with that or anything. Matt did though, and he was very vocal about it.

The friends arrived at the game and enjoyed themselves immensely through out. Geno scored once and smirked at Violet and Sid scored and did a little dance. The Thrashers were throughly thrashed.

Even when Violet bounced into the locker room things seemed to be going alright. Evgeni gave her a passionate kiss and invited her out to the club where the team was heading toward. He even invited Matt. But when they arrived the air plane crashed, so-to-speak.

Violet went to the bathroom as soon as they got there and when she returned Evgeni was no where to be found. She chatted quietly with Max and Jordan before deciding to get a water bottle. On her way back from the bar, that's when the already-crashed plane caught fire. Geno was sitting with Sid and a few other friends with a puck bunny nibbling on his ear. As Violet walked by she knew he saw her. But that wasn't the worst part.

The worst part was that he didn't even do anything.

He let her walk by. He didn't smile or smirk. Or frown. He didn't call out her name or try to stop. He didn't run after her as she walked straight to Matt and told him he was right.

"Right?" Violet gave him a pointed look and he questioned it no longer. He asked where Geno was and Violet just shook her head.

"Take me home." She whispered. Evgeni didn't question Matt when he told every one Violet had suddenly gotten sick...food poisoning...and that he had to take her home. He didn't even care.

Matt sat Violet on the couch and handed her a glass of milk. "If I had something to put in I would've but we're clear out. We have to go to the liquor store." Violet nodded and chugged the milk in one gulp. "You don't have to pay me the ten bucks." Matt said quietly. Violet let out a half hearted chucked and held her arms open for a hug.

Matt wrapped his arms around his best friend. "Why didn't I listen to you, Matt?"

"You liked him. You didn't want to. It's okay. Shit happens. At least the next goalie you date will treat you better,"

"How do you know that?"

"Vi, you're ex-hook up was Evgeni Malkin. Anyone would assume he's a hard act to follow."

"I meant how did you know I'm going to get back together with a goalie?"

Matt chuckled. "Becuase this experience has taught us that centers are up to now good."

"You were a center." Violet recalled Matt's position in college.

"And when was I ever up to any good?" Matt sook his head. "Now go to bed. Don't think about him. At all."

"At all." Violet agreed. She marched into her room and a second later walked back out. "I'm going to clean tomorrow."

"Good. It's been way too long since that carpet has seen the light of day."

"Puck you."

"That's my girl." Matthew smiled at Violet and proceeded to hug her. "Now, just think, your Hennie will be here soon." Violet's laugh was muffled into his shoulder and smacked Matt's arm. "C'mon, it's Hennie wennie!"

"I never called him Hennie wennie." Violet pulled away and looked at Matt.

"True, but you did call him Hennie. And Henners. And Hennifer, a name I still can't believe you called him. And a multitude of other names I know he only put up with because you were sleeping together."

"And sexiling you."

"Yes. Thank you for sexiling me my entire sophomore year. Why couldn't you sexile Mia?" Violet hit him.

"Bed. I'm going to bed!" Violet shrieked and walked back into her room. Matthew watched with a smile on his face. Picking up the pieces this time wouldn't be so bad.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I already have 14 Chapters of my new Rangers story. I might post that soon but I think I want to have like sixteen more chapters typed because they're really short.
Any way, off the the city (That is NYC) for the afternoon. Comments would be really apperciated :)