She's A Rebel.

Chapter Ten

The next morning when I opened my eyes, I saw Billie Joe's sleeping form beside me. His mouth was open slightly and his chest was slowly moving up and down. He looked adorable.

I bit my lip as the events of last night came rushing back to me.

He kissed me! Was the only thought I could process at the moment.

I sat up in bed and realized that both of us were still in our clothes from last night. We hadn't even bothered to take our shoes off. As I was unzipping my boots, I felt Billie Joe move. I looked at him as he was just waking up.

"Good morning." He said when he sat up. I smiled at him and continued taking my boots off.

"You too." I said. I looked at the clock on my bedside table. 12:47 "Holy crap. Its almost one." I said and Billie looked at the clock too.

"I guess it is." He said.

"I'm gonna take a quick shower now. There's food in the kitchen, make yourself at home." I said and got out of bed. "Oh, and if you wanna shower after me or get a change of clothes, I have some of my ex-boyfriend's stuff in my closet. After I kicked him out, he left some stuff here. They should fit you." I said and left the bedroom. I went into the bathroom and shut and locked the door. I turned the shower on and stripped out of my clothes. While I was getting clean, my mind drifted to Billie.

Are things going to change now? I want them to, but I can't let them. It'll fuck up everything I've worked so hard for. But maybe he's worth it.

I turned the water off and got out. I wrapped a towel around myself and stepped into my bedroom. Billie Joe wasn't there so I assumed he was in the kitchen. I brushed my teeth, got dressed and did my make up before going into the kitchen. Billie Joe was sitting at my table reading the newspaper with a cup of coffee.

"Hey." I said, smiling. He looked up at me and smiled.

"Wow, you look great." He said.

"Aww, thanks." I said and got a cup of coffee for myself. "Do you wanna go out for breakfast? Or lunch or whatever, considering its not exactly the morning."

"Yeah, sure. Let me just take a quick shower." He said.

"Of course. I'll go get some clothes for you." I said and went into my room. In the corner of my closet, I had a box filled with some of my ex-boyfriend Nick's clothes. I picked out a pair of jeans, a pair of boxers and a Rancid shirt. Billie Joe came into the room and I handed him the clothes.

"Thanks." He said and walked into the bathroom. While I waited for him to finish showering, I turned on the TV in my living room. I put Fuse on and Loaded: Papa Roach was on. Hollywood Whore was playing, so I sang along.

Cocaine nose and trendy clothes
Gotta send her to rehab
She found out she's got no soul
But it really doesn't bother her

White trash queen, American dream
Oh what a role model
Throwing a fit, making a scene
Like no tomorrow


My house phone started ringing so I muted the TV, ran over and picked it up.

"Hello?"

"Hey, babe." Melanie said. "So, how did yesterday go with Billie? I know you said you jammed in his basement, but I want details." I couldn't help but laugh.

"What makes you think something happened?"

"Because when you walked into Acme you were holding hands. Oh, and let's not forget the fact that you were sitting on his lap for over an hour."

"Oh. Right."

"Mhmm. So spill."

"Can we talk later?"

"Why?" She asked and I sighed.

"Because Billie's taking a shower and he could get out any minute and overhear our conversation."

"Okay- wait, what?! You slept with him, didn't you! Oh my god, that's so awesome!"

"Mel!"I yelled and then lowered my voice. "No, I didn't have sex with him. He just slept over." I said.

"Damn it. You got me so excited for nothing." She said, sounding disappointed.

"Why are you so concerned about my non-existent sex life?"

"The same reason you're so interested in me and Matt's strictly platonic relationship." She said and I heard the shower turn off.

"Look, I gotta go, I'll call you later."

"You better."

"Bye, Mel." I said and hung up. Billie Joe emerged from my bedroom fully clothed with damp hair and some eyeliner lining his beautiful green eyes.

"You ready to go?" I asked and he nodded.

"Where we going?"

"IHOP?" I asked more than said.

"Sounds good." He smiled and we left my apartment. Billie grabbed my hand as we got into the elevator. While we waited inside, I subconsciously leaned my head on his shoulder. When we got out of the elevator, Billie let go of my hand, only to wrap his arm around my waist and pull me closer. I knew I shouldn't let him do things like that, but it felt too good, too right, for me to tell him to stop.

We got into my car and drove to IHOP. It was strangely empty; only a few cars were in the parking lot. We went inside and were seated away from everyone else to avoid a rush of fans harassing Billie Joe. I ordered chocolate chip pancakes, 'cause they're awesome and Billie got eggs. We talked about random horror movies while we waited for our food.

After we ate, Billie paid the check (he wouldn't even let me pay for my food.) and we left, without getting stopped by fans. We got in my parked car and tried to figure out what to do next.

"What do you want to do?" He asked.

"I'm not sure. Anything in particular you wanna do?"

"Oh, I think I can name a few things." He said suggestively and I laughed.

"Oh, really?" I leaned closer to him.

"Mhmm." He closed the gap between our lips and my hands found their way into his hair. Kissing Billie was like no other experience I can think of. He's an amazing kisser.

After a minute or so, I came to my senses and realized why I shouldn't be letting this happen. I broke the kiss and Billie gave me the most adorable pout ever.

"I need to talk to you about something." I said, biting my lip.

"What's wrong?" He asked, a concerned look on his angelic face.

"I think its pretty obvious that I really like you." I said and he nodded, smiling a little.

"And I think its pretty obvious that I like you back." He said.

"But we can't be together. We have to stop this thing we have." I said and he looked really confused.

"Why?" He asked.

"Because it'll complicate everything. If we broke up badly while on tour, it would make everything awkward. And when the public found out about us, everyone would think I was a slut and the only reason my band got on the tour was because I was sleeping with you. We've worked so hard to get where we are today and I can't ruin my band's reputation for my own selfish reasons." I said, waiting for him to start yelling at me for leading him on. He sighed after a few moments.

"You're right." He looked up at me and I could tell he was hurt. "I should've thought of that and I'm sorry. I just..." He sighed again and continued. "I just can't help myself when I'm around you. It feels so right when I hold your hand and when I'm kissing you." He touched my cheek and I bit my lip. "I guess we're just gonna have to stay friends." He said and I nodded sadly.

"I don't want to." I leaned forward and rested my head on his shoulder. "I want to be more. Its not fair." I said and he wrapped his arms around me, kissing the top of my head.

"I know, babe, I know."
♠ ♠ ♠
comments?