Waitress

three

Setting down the plates I watch Tom eye Kayla. She grinned and started to walk away, turning her head back she flashed another shinning smile at him. Flirt, major flirt. Retreating to the kitchen she started banging around pots and pans. Suppressing a laugh from the way they both acted, I barley knew Tom and I just knew he had to be a lady’s man.

“Will that be all?” God strike me now!

“I would like a refill.” Tom said as he handed me his glass, never once did he look at me.

“Okay.”

“Could I also get a name and number from the other waitress.” He grinned turning towards me. Bill elbowed him in the ribs and gave me a ‘I’m sorry’ look.

“I’ll see about that. Everything okay?”

“Yep.” Gustav muffled through his burger.

I turned to leave and paused for a bit, don’t know why I stopped, but I did. Walking away I felt eyes on me which made me nearly run into the kitchen. I found Kayla loading the dishwasher with a huge smile on her face.

“What?” I laughed at the sight of a nineteen year old smiling while doing the dishes.

“Nothing.” She grinned at me in a sing-song voice.

“Well, your nothing is asking for your name and number.”

She stopped and turned to me. Rushing at she clutched my shoulders and shock me. “Don’t play with me, are you serious?” She whispered in an excited and anger squeak.

“Owe, let go.” Her nails started to dig into my skin.

“Well?” She grabbed onto me even tighter.

“I’m not lying. Scouts honor.”

“You were the worst girl scout, but you are a worst at keeping a straight face when you lie. Hurry up and give it to him.” She spun me around and slapped my butt to get me moving.

Feeling like a mule I filled his cup and wrapped a piece of paper, with her name and number on it, around his glass. I grabbed our dessert menu and headed back to their table. When I got there I found four content look guys, four clean plates, and three dry cups.

“So, I’m going to guess the meal was good.”

“Amazing, is a better word.” Bill said as he sat up from his slouch.

“Well, I’m glad you liked it. Here you go.” I said as I handed Tom his drink and number.

“Thank you.” His smile was sweet.

“Would you guys like refills?” I asked as I collected their plates.

“You guys got knock out desserts to top the knock out dinner?” Georg asked as he flicked a napkin at Tom.

“Sure, here you go.” Handing him the menu I almost walked away. That same weirdness that kept me here was back.

“Can we just get the deluxe sundae to share?” Georg asked without looking from the menu.

“Sure.” Snapping out of my frozen state I took the menu and started to walk away.

“So?” Kayla asked as I walked back into the kitchen.

“He has a sweet smile. And they want a deluxe sundae to share.”

“Coming up.” Her smile spread across cheeks to her ears.

I sat on the stool she stole two years ago from out front for in here. My eyes wanted to drop, good thing I have the day off tomorrow. I must have fallen asleep because Kayla was shaking the shit out of me.

“Get your ass up!”

“I’m up, I’m up.” Standing up I rubbed sleep out of my eyes.

“Here, now go get your butt in gear.” She handed me the over flowing bowl of ice cream.

I slowly walked to their table. My head didn’t want to work and my eyes were falling.

“Here you go.” I tried to smile and I don’t know if I did.

Georg, Tom, and Gustav attacked the bowl. Bill seemed to be waiting for a opening. They were tackling over just about anything to get a bit.

“Would you like a ice cream cone since you might not get any?” I asked Bill as he started to frown.

He flashed me this amazing smile. “That would be nice.” God, do I want his smile.

“Coming right up.” I used all my left over energy to give him my best smile, I think I failed.

It took like tow minutes for me to get his cone and get back to the table. The other guys were still at it and Bill looked a little grossed out.

“Here you go.”

“Thanks, could I get a check?”

“Sure.” I giggled a little at the ice fight. Ripping off the piece of paper with the total amount I handed it to him. “Here you go, enjoy the rest of the evening.” Walking back to the counter I fought that need to linger.

Kayla had gone up to bed after she got Tom’s attention again. I slumped my head on the counter and tried to sleep. I looked up after I heard someone clear their throat., I found Bill with the slip of paper with the paid amount and what looked like a tip in the other.

Here you go, it’s the tip.” He smiled as he handed me the five. “Long day?”

“Way to long.” I sighed as I stuffed the bill in my over loaded front pocket. I found that the other guys were gone.

“You got to come back and do this again tomorrow?” He asked with a his own tired smile.

“Nope, got the day off. So does Kayla so we’re sleeping in.”

“Kayla?”

“The cook slash other waitress.”

He grabbed a pen and jotted down something on the slip. “If you guys ever wake up, maybe we can hang.” Flashing me that smile he set down the paper and money down, he walked away. Placing the money the cash register I glanced at the paper. Picking it up I found nine digits etched across the bottom of the slip.
♠ ♠ ♠
this is in thanks to darkevilone4
thanks!
Comments?! Good or bad I don't care