Status: Re-writing, however, on hiatus

Wild Ride

Flashing Lights

Never before had Kallen felt so in control, her heart exceeding its average pace by a long mile. Years of captivity has allowed her to think and explore herself and the energy that glowed within her. A single wisp could be controlled with the ease of a single guided movement. It had taken her only a few years to withstand the pain the energy put her through, only a few more years to finally understand the capabilities the power could give her.

There was a certain drawback with this energy that caused a few uncanny issues, the renewal process was such a rapid procedure that it can cause immense amounts of pain if it isn't released after short periods of time. With her captivity, there were many cases in which Kallen was left alone in the captivity cell while wreathing in a pain that only those with the power could comprehend. It felt, to those fortunate enough to be able to escape the pain, as if an alive being were digging its way outside of your stomach the hard way - through every layer of skin and nerve cells. In an ordinary humans' case, the pain could easily be taken away by medical assistance and pain killers; however, in the case of a Syphris, the pain wasn't allowed to be taken away. Certainly, there was the option of being knocked out by special taser guns and taken away to the labs for further experimentation. If allowed, the pain can reach the brain and if worse comes to worse, death can occur.

Kallen only knew of this fact because she was told about the experiments that were done on the theory. It hadn't taken the scientists of SPEX to find the theory to be proven a fact but many lives of her race were wiped away in the process. The scientists were forced, at the time, to make adjustments to the helmets, altering the energy flow. Now, the energy was forced out in a slow leakage that kept the energy levels at a minimum to keep from losing the precious specimens they care so much for.

If only they had known that the energy levels can increase overtime and each Syphris will be able to, at some point in their lives, break free of the limitations the helmet was set to. If they had known that vital piece of information, perhaps they'd have been able to stop an escape from occurring.

With a giggle, Kallen feigned darting toward the group of men who in turn flinched as they readied their weapons. She clutched her stomach as a much needed laughter filtered through her lungs. Yes, she's laughed, but it's been quite a long time since she's let out a true laugh. The look upon their faces was something she'd never quite remember and even as she straightened her body giggles were continuing to escape her mouth.

Kallen covered her mouth lightly, hiding the smile that was finding its way onto her face. "Sorry, gentleman. I suppose you're thinking that those things will stop me, eh? I apologize, but I do think you'll be going home with a heavy heart this time. Or, perhaps not," Kallen finished with a dazed look glossing over her eyes. A thin smile broke out, fake for the most part, as she sat down firmly on the ground. This entire operation of hers would hardly be any fun if they didn't at least bring in some form of re-enforcement.

As expected, the group of men took a step back to keep their distance. Meanwhile, Alexander left the group, shouting into what seemed to be a phone. Kallen fell to the ground, her arms spread out wide. She stared at the men, daring them to advance any further. They weren't stupid, she could see that much. All except for that poor soul she had destroyed only moments earlier - she rightfully assumed that any ignorance of that size was a huge clue to indicating that he was a rookie. It was his own fault that he stepped over the limit but even more the other mens' fault for not warning the man of the dangers when he took the job.

Silence befell the room as the men finally got all their weapons in place and were ready for any given order. Kallen was growing impatient and for once desired Alexander to return at least that man was a bit more lively. With that thought in mind, Kallen pushed herself up onto her feet with a sigh and stared at the men with a bored expression. "You guys are boring me out of my mind. I've had more interesting times with myself that with you lot," Kallen sneered and advanced towards the center of the group, a shower of mutters becoming them as a few of the men dispersed from the group and took off in the opposite direction.

Her steps echoed throughout the chamber but were masked by the rising terror. "As I said, you're boring me," Kallen got within distance and raised her arms with her fingers flexed. Within a few seconds she had been able to exert enough energy to merge with the air - the energy wafting towards each of the men's bodies and before they could even comprehend that she was up to something or within range, their blood was spilled and their weapons were scattered about the ground. Splatters of blood decorated her light grey suit that was essential attire and added a splash of color to the dull white flooring.

A dismembered head of a man rolled to a stop by her face and stared at her with empty, soul-less eyes. She felt no pity, why would she ever oppose such brutal killings considering her kind if killed off like spiders. There's only so many with the Syphris gene in the world and they've never gone anything worth the suffering cast upon them. At least, that's something Kallen would like to believe whether it's true or not. She stomped on the head in anger as she began to remember her own mother and wondered if she too was killed in such a brutal manner.

Kallen squeezed her eyes shut and kicked the skull as hard as she could but wasn't satisfied with the un-earthly crunch that followed when it came in contact with the wall. She darted out of the room and willed for Alexander to make himself known once again. Things tended to be more difficult with him around and if Kallen was able to get away Scott-clean, it just wouldn't seem worth. So many years of torture to be ended in a matter of minutes without any defensive maneuver? She didn't think so.

Even more determined, Kallen took turn after turn within the maze of hallways. Every time she passed a camera she gave the screen a knowing look and ventured onward. She was picking a fight and she knew it; however, she was never more determined in her life than she was now. She wanted to make this difficult because she didn't want to believe she was held capture for so long by a weak group that couldn't even handle the escape. Though she knew that the numbers wouldn't matter in the end, it gave her reassurance that she'll be strong enough to avoid future confrontation with SPEX.

It was only a matter of time, she kept thinking, before they came to stop her. In the meantime, she wanted to make sure she actually knew where the exit was so that was now her top priority. If Alexander and his men came before that, well, Kallen believed it would all be for the better and would welcome them with open arms. She grinned, a cruel disposition making itself present as she continued to pass multiple doors but a large flashing 'EXIT' sign stood out amongst the crowd. Now, Kallen had the choice of waiting it out or just leaving. As tempting as it was to wait it out, the need to be free finally came into play as soon as the opportunity appeared in the form of that little neon sign.
♠ ♠ ♠
You know, I really think I need to learn how to re-read everything to make sure it's all okay. Eventually, I'll tone that skill but for now I think I'm fine.
Anyway, please leave a word or two about what you think, eh? I'm not that bad, am I? DX I'll probably praise you and bow at your feat if I get a new comments. Even one is good.
+Comment and +Subscribe?

Oh, and guess who has a +LiveJournal.

Me! Bet you couldn't guess that. ;]