Tequila Shots

moving on is what I know I do best.

Emily's POV
The aroma of turkey and mashed potatoes made my stomach growl lodly. Selena smacked my stomach and laughed, "Don't be hungry, we can't eat until tonight."
Today was Thanksgiving and Brian and Mark were cooking, which was Selena and mine's first mistake, since Mark had little to no experience in a kitchen, but thankfully Brian did.
I pulled the covers over my head and groaned, "Fuuuck! I should've ate after work last night."
After getting a job at a coffee shop in downtown Baltimore, everything pulled together. I told everyone that I got a job because I wanted to take care of myself without the help of my parents, but I got a job to keep myself busy. To keep my mind off of things; essentially Alex.
On the outside, I looked fine to everyone, but I really haven't gotten better. Alex was still the first thing I thought about from sunup 'till sundown. I still lost sleep and appetites over him. I still cried and my heart still ached over him. I would suck it up, so everyone could think that I'm fine, but I knew that they all knew I was still upset.
After calling my mom and dad, I walked into the kitchen and wished Brian and Mark a happy thanksgiving.
I walked out on the back deck and sat down on a patio chair. I wrapped my oversize All Time Low hoodie tightly around me and grabbed my cell phone. I dialed the only number that I dialed this early in the morning.
"Hi!" Jack greeted, happily.
"Hello," I smiled, "Sorry, I didn't call you yesterday, I've had a crazy work schedule."
"It's okay." he shrugged it off.
"What are you doing?"
"Well, we're all getting ready to go out for Thanksgiving breakfast 'cause we're playing a show tonight."
"Oh. Well I won't keep you long - I have to help cook anyway."
"Alright," he muttered, "Love ya, Em."
"Love you, too, Jack." I said, hanging up the phone staring out into the sky.

Alex's POV
I opened the curtain to Jack's bunk and he hid his phone under his pillow. I laughed to myself. They all thought I was an idiot. He tried to hide his phone calls, but I knew he talked to Emily all the time. I didn't hold it against him, I just pretended it didn't happen.
"You almost ready?" I asked.
"Yeah." he muttered.
Things between Jack and I have been strained since this whole thing started, but he was still my best friend. We were both just to lazy to sort things out until we got home.
They all were silent about it now, they knew I got pissed when they mentioned her name.
But they didn't know how I really felt.
In reality, my heart is still with Emily. I just want to get over her. After everything we said, everything we promised, she turned around and did something like that. It hurt me, so much that I hated her for a long while. When I thought about forgiving her, I felt wrong - like it wasn't meant to be, like if someone cheated on you then you DON'T run back to them. But then sometimes I get this feeling like what if Emily didn't cheat on me intentionally? What if she is "the one". What if I still love her?
♠ ♠ ♠
short, filler.
comment and subscribe? :)