My Road Trip

Smother Me

The sun shined through the window, leaving rays of sunlight on the carpet. I sat up in bed going through my phone. I charged it last night before Oli and I went to bed. I was surprised when I turned on my phone this morning how many text messages I had. I had like close to one hundred, all in a matter of like two weeks. They were a lot of repeats, wondering where I was. If I was alive, if I was all right. That I needed to call my Grandma right away.

I sighed looking at the missed calls number, seventy three. I looked down at Oli, he was sound asleep still. I have been up for an hour going through my phone. I decided to let Oli sleep, he needed sleep badly after last night. He didn’t look so good at all and it didn’t help he was loosing his voice.

Last night.

Thinking back to last night, Oli and I laying on the couch making out. I was so close to having sex with him but I stopped myself. I thought I was ready, I really did but something inside me stopped me. Oli could tell and he didn’t push me any further, instead he turned the TV off and carried me back to bed. All he did was cuddle with me, whispering ‘I love you’ in my ear.

That made me smile, I continued to look at Oli. He was sleeping like a little baby, it was adorable. I should call Grams. I thought looking back at my phone.

Quietly, I crawled out of bed and tip toed out into the living room. Grabbing Oli’s sweatshirt that resided on the floor. I pulled that on and closed our door to the room quietly. I turned around and headed to the opposite side of the room. I dialed my Grandma’s number and paced back an forth.

“Come on, come on.” I said quietly.

“Hello?” an older lady said on the other line. A huge smile crept to my lips.

“Hey Grandma it’s Remmie.”

I heard my Gram gasp, she was probably covering her mouth. “Remmie? Oh my gosh I have been worried sick about you! Why haven’t you called me for the past two weeks!-”

I smiled as my Grandma continued to scold me kindly. I missed my Grandma’s voice, I actually just missed my Grandma terribly. The smell of her old house, it always smelt of cookies and coffee. Or some sort of dessert smell. I stood in front of the window and looked out, it was snowing lightly today. The snow was sticking to the ground, I watched as children ran around in the snow. Throwing snowballs at one another.

“Remmie! Are you listening to me?!”

“Yes Grandma, I am.” I filled her in on everything. Letting her know that I was more than okay and I was staying with Bring Me The Horizon. She could not believe it, she knew how much Bring Me The Horizon was my favorite band.

I also explained to her that I was going to be in like a month, maybe a little less. I wasn’t entirely sure because I never asked the guys. “So Remmie, is Oli cute as he is in all his pictures?” Grandma teased. I rolled my eyes smiling.

“Yes Grandma, he is.” I said giggling. I may as well tell her Oli and I are dating.

Grams nearly fainted I think, she could not believe it. She could tell from the sound of my voice how happy I was and that made her happy. I filled her in on everyone and everything else. I forgot how much I tell Grams everything, she was my go to person when I needed someone to talk too. I missed that.

“Well I got to get going hun, I have some shopping to do. Having some friends over tonight, we’re playing cards.” Grams said. Her and her card playing.

“All right Grandma, I will call you again as soon as I can. Love you bye.” I pressed the end button and sighed. Missing my Grandma was taking a toll on me now, my smile slowly faded. I was homesick, homesick badly.

“Baby?” I heard Oli call.

I turned around to see him standing in the doorway of the living room. His arms crossed over his bare chest, he looked concerned. I think he over heard my conversation with my Grandma. I also think he knows that I miss her terribly. I felt myself getting a little teary eyed thinking about her.

Oli pushed off the door frame and walked over to me. Pulling me into a tight hug, he rubbed my back as I fought to hold back my tears. My Grandma is the only family I have and I feel bad for not asking to use one of the guy’s phone to call her. I was a terrible granddaughter.

Oli rubbed my back and cooed me. He kissed the top of my head, he didn’t say anything to me. He just held me as I cried, he didn’t need to say anything to me. I could tell by the way that he held me that he cared about me. Oli didn’t like seeing me like this, I didn’t like Oli seeing me like this either. I felt weak.

“How bout we go sight seeing today babe? We can go shopping for your Grandma, I am sure we can find things here that she would love.” Oli said softly. He was swaying back an forth slowly.

I lifted up my head and nodded. Wiping away my tears and trying to calm myself down. “Okay.” I mumbled. I looked up at Oli, he smiled at me. Leaning down and kissing me passionately. I kissed him back just as much.

After my little ‘moment’, Oli and I went back to our bedroom to get dressed. When I was on the phone with Grams, I was looking out the window and it looked cold as fuck. I just slipped my black skinny jeans back on, my purple Party ‘Til You Puke DD shirt, and my Bird Brainz DD hoody. I slipped on my gray DD beanie, I looked around the room for my coat.

Oli came out of the bathroom in his black skinny jeans, his white Cute Kitty shirt with the Kitty face all over it, and his black Bat Cardigan on. He looked adorable, I smiled to myself. I yanked on my pure black Van slip-ons, Oli wore his black and red Nike high tops. He looked up at me, smiling. “Ready babe? And you look adorable in Drop Dead apparel.” he said pulling on his winter coat, he put on a dark purple beanie.

I just smiled and walked over to him pulling on my gloves. “Well you gave them to me, so I might as well wear them all.” I teased.

Oli laughed and kissed me. “God I love you.” he took my hand, grabbed our room key and we walked out.

We walked to the guys Penthouse and Oli banged on the door. A minute later it opened slowly and Matt peered around the door. “What the fuck? Do you know what time it is?” he asked sleepily.

“Yeah, quarter to two. I am taking Remmie around to go sight seeing. We’ll be back later and we’ll probably go out for dinner. Do you want us to come back and get you all?” Oli asked.

“Yeah, just call us when you are returning.” Matt said rubbing his eyes. He looked like he was slipping hard. I giggled quietly.

We said goodbye then we headed out. We held hands as we walked, when we got to the front of the hotel Oli turned to me and asked, “Do you wanna walk around or drive?”

That was a tough one, it wasn’t that bad out once you start moving but then again he said we could go shopping for my Grandma and I don’t know how much we’d buy. “Let’s drive.” I smiled. Oli smiled too.

He whistled at one of the valets and the young boy nodded and disappeared. Moments later a fine looking gray Porsche appeared. I giggled and Oli just smiled at me. Oli opened my door and I got in, he closed it and walked over to the driver’s side. He tipped the boy then got in. We buckled up and drove away, in style.

We drove to The Dam Square, it was in the heart of the city. Where the canals were but since it was winter the water was frozen. Still we parked the car got out and walked around hand in hand. Looking at all the cute little tourist shops and other cute shops. The city was beautiful, even in the winter time. As we walked along, I was gazing around at everything. Oli just smiled at me, he was probably thinking that I looked adorable or something.

“Hey there is a coffee shop, wanna stop and get some?” Oli pointed out.

“Yeah.” I said walking toward it, dragging Oli with me.

We walked in and the lady behind the counter greeted us. There was hardly anyone in it, like one or two other people. No I lied, there was an older couple here. Oli and I walked up and ordered our coffee. Oli paid for it and bought us a scone to share. We grabbed our coffees then sat down. At a little table in front near the window.

I took off my hat, fluffed my hair. I unzipped my coat and took that off. Oli just took his coat off but left his hat on. I sipped my coffee, the hot liquid warming my insides. I nibbled on the scone Oli bought as well. I looked up to ask Oli if he wanted a bit, but stopped. He was staring at me, that look in his eyes. He held his coffee in between his hands, he was looking at me. Admiring me I think.

“What?” I asked, not sure if I had something on my face or not.

“Nothing.” he said softly.

“Then why were you staring at me?” I asked, I didn’t find it odd anymore. I am use to Oli staring at me.

“Cant I just admire my lovely girlfriend?” he asked right back. I felt myself blushing.

“I… uh guess.” I looked away and nibbled on some more scone.

Oli let his coffee go and took my hands into his. I looked at him, my head tilted to one side. He just stared at each other, I felt like I should say something but didn’t know what. So I glanced out the window, the snow was falling more heavily. People were hurrying by the window. Trying to get out of the snow my guess was.

I smiled, it was go gorgeous out. I normally hate snow but here in Amsterdam, I did not mind it at all. “Remmie.” Oli said softly.

I turned to face Oli again. “What Oli?” I asked.

“I have something for you.” Oli took his hands back and dug in his coat pocket. I was a little confused, what else could this boy get me.

He pulled out a small box and handed it to me. I looked at the picture on the front and gasped. It was a Nikon Coolpix S560 camera. One of the many expensive ones. I looked at Oli. “Oli!” I said opening the box. I didn’t like him spending money on me.

“I thought that maybe you would like to remember this touring experience. It is your first tour ever, and it is with Bring Me The Horizon.” Oli smiled at me.

I was looking at the small black camera. I felt terrible, I had no money to buy Oli anything. I looked up at him. “I am going to kill you.” I said.

Oli laughed and leaned over the table, we kissed and he sat back. “I love you.” he said admiring me.

I blushed. “I love you too.” I said quieter. I looked at the camera, I turned it on and smiled.

I got out of my chair and scooted next to Oli, I held it up and Oli knew. He grabbed my face and kissed me. Then first picture on my camera is of me and Oli, kissing in a coffee shop. We both smiled and I took another one, this time we were looking at the camera.

“All right, shall we go look at some shops? See what we can find Grandma?” Oli asked.

I laughed, I loved how he referred to my Grandma as Grandma. “Sure, why not. Is there any like vintage shops? My Grandma loves vintage things.” I said slipping my coat on, I pulled on my hat. I put my new camera in my coat pocket and grabbed the box.

“There are a lot actually. I am sure we can find a good one.” Oli said standing up and putting his coat on.

We through our trash away and walked out. We walked to De Negen Straatjes, Amsterdam’s best vintage stores, it meant The Nine Streets.. Or as Oli said it was, so I trusted him. Walking along the streets, there were so many cute little shops. I wanted to stop at all of them. We passed this one and I stopped. Forcing Oli to a halt.

I smile crept to my face, as I looked up at Oli. I slowly pulled him into Spiegelbeeld, this store looked like fun and I was bound to find something for Grandma.